Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Playing with your partner? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3463/t1823989-playing-with-your-partner/

Author:   Hugh
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 5:44am (PST)
Subject:   Playing with your partner?
-------------------------------------------
Recently I started playing World of Warcraft once again and my girlfriend, lone behold surprised me by not only showing an interest, but actually accepting my offer to recruit her as a friend and begin leveling with her!

I wouldn't say she's a massive gamer; to be honest she doesn't play them much at all - this being the reason I was quite surprised when she showed such an interest in it.

So all I really want to know is, who plays with their partner? And if so, answer a few of these questions:
I'm possibly more surprised as it's a female, and females are stereotyped as not only disliking games, but definitely not going near things like World of Warcraft.

Anyway, fire away with your responses!

Author:   ec4all
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 5:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: Playing with your partner?
I wunder if you will read this, since it has almost been a month. But I want to surprise you

I am a woman that played World of Warcraft since vanilla, I have done everything from hardcore raiding (6 days a week 5 hours daily), leading my own hardcore guild (at some point nr 10 in Europe ) to casual playing now. I really enjoy playing WoW and I've met alot of real woman ingame too, most of them play with their partners.

I have met my own partner through WoW, we are together almost 5 years now and later we still play WoW together (or Diablo 3/ GW 2)

To answer your questions
How long has she played it?
Since Vanilla
Does she actually seem to enjoy it?
Enjoy it too much
Is she a boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, or are you married?
Fiance
How old are you both (or your partner at least)?
25 and 30
What class/race are they (I'm expecting a specific one )?
Hardcore gamers like us of course have every class. I started with human mage though and I only have female characters,

Author:   Dududa
Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 12:09am (PST)
I play WOW because of my boyfriend. We played together for a while. I was Mage and he was Warrior. But now he gets bored with WOW and I'm playing alone

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 4:36am (PST)
I've played with a partner before. Not together now but we still play together and such.

Author:   heartache
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 10:35pm (PST)
It's really great playing with your partner

Author:   ec4all
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 10:45pm (PST)
Yes, it is really to play together with your partner (you always have someone to abuse )
I think a relationship is hard to maintain when you like to play alot while your partner wants to go out all the time

Author:   Misato
Date:   Mar 09, 13 at 1:59pm (PST)
If I had a partner who played World of Warcraft I would probably start playing again. I was a Human priest who race changed over to Goblin, so they would need to be on the Horde and preferably either DPS or a tank because I spec'd Holy.

Author:   harhis23
Date:   Apr 01, 13 at 8:27am (PST)
quote heartache
It's really great playing with your partner
Playing this game with your partner is great but that is if and only if the both of you have common interest on it. Yes, only a few women are in to games like this but those who've tried it once will definitely love to play more and do it over and over.

I have a great time playing Warcraft with my wife, especially when I introduced her to DOTA and that's when she started playing and loving it, so far.

Author:   heartache
Date:   Apr 01, 13 at 10:44pm (PST)
Of course it's great if they both are interested in it. In the other way it don't have any sense

Author:   Slayerholic17
Date:   Apr 12, 13 at 6:36pm (PST)
I'm a female and I play WoW...and both guys I have been with since playing have not played at all.

I wish my boyfriend would play with me but WoW is not his kind of game.

A friend of mine and her boyfriend play together all the time. They are both 27, she's been playing with him for about 3 years now, and started playing because he got her into it. It's super cute, they have two desks and their computers set up right next to each other and they raid together and everything. Super freaking cute. Makes me jealous.

Author:   jacksonbird03
Date:   Apr 13, 13 at 3:15am (PST)
It is really great to play with the partner....

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Apr 13, 13 at 10:21pm (PST)
quote Slayerholic17
I'm a female and I play WoW...and both guys I have been with since playing have not played at all.

I wish my boyfriend would play with me but WoW is not his kind of game.

A friend of mine and her boyfriend play together all the time. They are both 27, she's been playing with him for about 3 years now, and started playing because he got her into it. It's super cute, they have two desks and their computers set up right next to each other and they raid together and everything. Super freaking cute. Makes me jealous.
Ha yeah i know a couple like that, about to get married and both play WoW together its really quite impressive because they love the game as much as they do each other.

Author:   bionics
Date:   Jul 02, 13 at 5:58pm (PST)
I tried getting my girlfriend to play WoW once -- she spent about 45 minutes on the character creation screen. Her enthusiasm level was probably among the highest I've ever seen for her towards a video game.

After making her human female priest as meticulously as she could... she began playing the game. She quickly lost interest after she had to stab the fifteenth kobold in the heart for a candle drop. Guess some people just weren't born for the grind, eh?

BTW, I shall try again one day to get her to play. Oh yes, one day!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.