Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Botting - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3463/t1799414-botting/

Author:   Doffy
Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
Subject:   Botting
-------------------------------------------
This is gotten to stupid levels in BG's. I seen a few when leveling to 90 in bg's, then on my alt I seen 38 bots in a single IOC. I was shocked and couldn't believe it. Later on I go to do more bg's and soon discovered that there was always 30+ bots in the BG as opposed to the 15-20 my first time getting to 90. These people are not even banned, I reported some on my server I recognized and they are still playing. Blizzard don't seem to care at the moment, I think its because of how the sub's reached an all time low just before MOP came out and they need the high numbers at the end of the year to even it out, but that's just my theory. So, whats your bot stories and what do you think will be done about it?

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 11:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: Botting
Blizz cares more about bots and hacks that affect the economy than unrated PvP.

Date:   Dec 01, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
Are you sure? Ghostlands EU has had the same AH bot for quite a while now. Many reports and still nothing. Some markets are impossible to post on because this boss just undercuts you within 5 minutes.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Dec 01, 12 at 8:21pm (PST)
quote Doffy
Are you sure? Ghostlands EU has had the same AH bot for quite a while now. Many reports and still nothing. Some markets are impossible to post on because this boss just undercuts you within 5 minutes.
It seems that way at least on the US servers. I've reported dozens of obvious bots, but the only ones that ever disappear are the ones that are screwing with the economy.

Date:   Dec 02, 12 at 9:30am (PST)
Wish they'd sort out EU servers, our server is low population though at the moment. Almost all good horde players have either left or don't have the money to leave and want to leave. Lots of fishing bots on the server too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.