Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mists of Pandaria Thoughts - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3463/t1787341-mists-of-pandaria-thoughts/

Author:   Explosions Hurt
Date:   Nov 04, 12 at 9:52pm (PST)
Subject:   Mists of Pandaria Thoughts
-------------------------------------------
So the new expansion has been out for a bit now, and I assume most of us have had a little bit of time with the the content thus far. What's everyone's thoughts on the newest chapter in the World of Warcraft?

I really enjoyed the leveling experience and all the new sights. I loved how the questing was broken up into chapters which apply to the quest achievements. The new factions are pretty cool, too. I really like the Order of the Wind Serpent dailies and I'm excited to hit exalted and get to fly around on the pet that I've nurtured from an egg. I haven't really touched any of the other factions as of yet, other than the Lorewalkers, which was a fun little grind to get the flying cloud mount.

I also really like the two new battlegrounds and I like most of the new PvP gear sets, they all look really cool IMO. Also the Pandaren look great!

There's a lot of content that I've yet to touch, such as challenge modes and most of the new dungeons, tbh (been too busy with irl).

What's everyone elses' opinions on MoP?

Author:   Yoshi Fanatic
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 9:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Mists of Pandaria Thoughts
I've actually taken a break from MoP because I burned out in a very different way than I normally would. There's so much to do that I feel like it's too much for me to do. Normally I'd say it's a good thing but I've been overwhelmed with the sheer amount of content offered/required (dailies) that it doesn't fit into a casual player like me who doesn't have much time to play during the school semester.

Author:   Superwalnut
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
Eeeeh, I wanted more out of MoP. 5 levels won't cut it anymore. And that goddamn JC mount vendor item is too overpriced.

And where they put the JP/VP gear is pissing me off, I don't want to rep grind just for my gear. They need more DGs and Raids, and they need to bring World PvP back.

But it's a fun EP overall, with the Sha runs and new looks. They even had a Skyrim reference.

Author:   Yoshi Fanatic
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 4:32pm (PST)
The only problem I have with justice/gear is that there's so many ways to get it but only one way to use it. I wouldn't mind if they did the BC over again or turning Relics of Ulduar like we did in Wrath because then I could just farm rep in addition to dailies.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 1:43pm (PST)
quote Superwalnut
They need more DGs and Raids, and they need to bring World PvP back.
Golden Lotus dailies on a PvP server.

Author:   Doffy
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 3:31pm (PST)
quote Superwalnut
Eeeeh, I wanted more out of MoP. 5 levels won't cut it anymore. And that goddamn JC mount vendor item is too overpriced.
Gold is easier to make now then it ever was, Hell I've made upwards of 18k a day when I've actually tried. I usually get about 5k a day from 10-15 minutes work.

quote Superwalnut
And where they put the JP/VP gear is pissing me off, I don't want to rep grind just for my gear.
Would you rather be able to just farm it all in one day and get bored of the game fast? The JP/VP vendors are in a good location and most of the time its faster to go to the quartermaster. Did you want to just sit around Org all day and have everything at arms length? Blizz wanted people to travel and experience the world they created.

quote Superwalnut
They need more DGs and Raids, and they need to bring World PvP back.
They are adding more dungeons and raids. If you can't find World PvP doing dailies then your PvP server must be terribly low populated and if your on a PvE server then don't admit to it or you might look a bit silly.

Game is ok, PvP is broke, Hopefully by the time I have my chars at 90 it'll be somewhat balanced.

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
Avalith; Whenever I try, they always run to a guard or whatever. :L

Doffy; Yeeeeeah, no. Rep grinds are retarded, and I already see all of MoP when questing anyways. And World PvP as in TBC style world PvP.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 8:42pm (PST)
quote Superwalnut
People like that shouldn't be rolling on PvP servers to begin with. It's almost comical how many people QQ about PvP happening on a PvP server. If they didn't want it to happen, they should have never rolled there. My reply to anyone doing that on the forums is to either pony up $25 to transfer to a PvE server or just reroll elsewhere.

Date:   Nov 08, 12 at 3:14pm (PST)
quote Avalith
quote Superwalnut
People like that shouldn't be rolling on PvP servers to begin with. It's almost comical how many people QQ about PvP happening on a PvP server. If they didn't want it to happen, they should have never rolled there. My reply to anyone doing that on the forums is to either pony up $25 to transfer to a PvE server or just reroll elsewhere.
Problem is, PvP servers are usually the best in Population and AH stuff.

And guilds.

Author:   Doffy
Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 10:21am (PST)
Q: There is a lot of mixed feedback regarding daily quests. There are players who love the fact that they have a new endgame progression system that allows them to eventually obtain better gear through reputation and Valor Points, yet there are others who feel forced to do dailies in order to keep up in PvE progression which essentially feels like an enforced ‘grind’ to them. What are your thoughts on PvE progression now after more and more players reach endgame?

More specific: Are you considering additional changes to the reputation system besides the increased reputation gain for alts? Do you feel players who complain about the need to do daily quests have a point, or are there other and equally quick means of progression they haven’t discovered yet (such as running Heroics -> running LFR)?
A: The vast arrays of daily quests are there to provide players with plenty of things to do once they hit level 90. These are not intended to be completed in weeks, but enjoyed over several months. The items and goodies players can earn through these factions are all things unnecessary to remain competitive in-game, and each person has the choice of whether or not to work to earn them. Even with top-end recipes, the benefit is very minuscule by comparison to what is more readily available, and especially after players have begun wearing item level 500+ gear.

From Mmo-Champion, As it says most of the exalted stuff is mounts and other fun bits that aren't needed to keep up in PvE. At least they are trying to maintain a lifeline in this expansion which I quite like.

Author:   Angyles Cerddoriaeth
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 1:47pm (PST)
WTB more rep grinds....

Seriously I am ready to pull out my hair with these Shado Pan and AC dailies. I feel like I will NEVER hit exalted and I really want to use my Alani mount!

quote Avalith
quote Superwalnut
I usually enjoy the pvp servers, unless I just want to do my dailies and get off the game. Then SOMEONE that plays a rogue runs around ganking Horde as I am minding my own business.

Paladin came over the other day to kill me and I raged. The rogue helped me kill him and I was all "What a dick coming to kill me like that". The rogue said "Oh that might have been because I just killed him as he was drinking =D=D=D".

Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 3:54pm (PST)
People still run rouges?

Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 6:57am (PST)
quote Superwalnut
People still run rouges?
Yes they do lol. He will not change his class, loves it to much. To be fair rogues were pretty op last content, they are bleh now but will be buffed. Happens every expansion.

Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 6:07pm (PST)
Hunters are the new rouges.

Date:   Nov 17, 12 at 12:36pm (PST)
quote Superwalnut
Hunters are the new rouges.
Until the end of the expansion and then they are wonderful again hahaha

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.