Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: great ive been banned -.- - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3463/t1782399-great-ive-been-banned/

Author:   carebone
Date:   Oct 26, 12 at 3:19pm (PST)
Subject:   great ive been banned -.-
-------------------------------------------
got home to a email earlier saying my account had been involved in disputed transactions so i followed the instructions but couldnt log into the site

i tried going online after this but i couldnt do that either

how long do these bans last and ytf dont stupid blizzard give u more than 4 hours to respond to a email like this before they ban -.-

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Oct 26, 12 at 4:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: great ive been banned -.-
Whoa, slow down. A few things to verify here before we assume the account is banned: Double check all this again and submit a ticket on battle.net to verify the legitimacy of the message. You may have just fallen for a phishing scam and given someone else your account details. I would go directly to battle.net asap and change your password. If you don't have an authenticator on your account, now's a good time to do so. Keep a close eye on your account as well if you're still able to log in to the game.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Oct 26, 12 at 5:14pm (PST)
Your best bet is to actually visit the site by typing in the address instead of clicking a link in the email. Email addresses can be masked in the same way that you should be semi-skeptical about emails from banks.

If actually log in to your battle.net account then your account status should be listed on your game account.

Author:   Angyles Cerddoriaeth
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 7:25am (PST)
These emails are quite typical, I get them on addresses that are not even attached to a Battle.net account, hahaha.

Like it was suggested, go to Battle.net and try to log in. Submit a ticket and you can always call Blizzard if you like.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.