Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: US Servers in UK - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3463/t1542561-us-servers-in-uk/

Author:   NoVa Apache
Date:   Jun 16, 10 at 7:39pm (PST)
Subject:   US Servers in UK
-------------------------------------------
Ok so basically my US friends have convinced me to give WoW a go, and I will. The only problem being is I can't play with them on EU servers because I am British and they are American. I was just wondering if this would work; If I bought WoW and all of the expansions and my American friend make an account, I would then give him all the auth codes from the disks and he would add game time to the account. I would then run WoW that I've installed and use the account he's generated for me. After doing this would I be able to play WoW on American servers or is this completely impossible?

Thanks (:

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 16, 10 at 7:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: US Servers in UK
I believe their is a way that you can tell the client to connect to the US servers, but I'm not sure how.

Author:   Angyles Cerddoriaeth
Date:   Jun 16, 10 at 8:09pm (PST)
The only way I know how to is to buy the US version of the game. SonicX1 did that and he is in the UK, payment for the game is done via my PayPal, but he sends me the cash.

I do remember someone was able to make the game bring up the US server list, but I never understood how they got the game to recognize them.

Author:   Saevus
Date:   Jun 16, 10 at 9:46pm (PST)
i find it odd they won't let you connect to whichever server you please.

i suppose it's to help prevent the unwitting euro from accidentally joining a latin america server.

Author:   Angyles Cerddoriaeth
Date:   Jun 17, 10 at 12:51am (PST)
quote Saevus
i find it odd they won't let you connect to whichever server you please.

i suppose it's to help prevent the unwitting euro from accidentally joining a latin america server.
I have actually tried to figure out the reason before and I believe I read it on the forums that they keep them separate because of cultural differences. Makes sense I guess, I just do not agree with it.

Author:   NoVa Apache
Date:   Jun 17, 10 at 1:06am (PST)
quote Angyles Cerddoriaeth
I have actually tried to figure out the reason before and I believe I read it on the forums that they keep them separate because of cultural differences. Makes sense I guess, I just do not agree with it.
Shouldn't that mean they should try and mix the cultures more to try and get them to respond better to each other, instead of doing what they are now and separating them, thus making more of an issue and gap between different culture groups? Ah well, not alot we can do.

Author:   Dan3rz
Date:   Jun 17, 10 at 11:26pm (PST)
There was a way, but it screwed the game files over... However if your US friends bought you the game, then you could play without problem.

Author:   Saevus
Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 4:54am (PST)
quote Angyles Cerddoriaeth
totally, because i never join a random dungeon with people speaking nothing but spanish.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.