Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Neoseeker visits Figure Prints - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3463/t1284734-neoseeker-visits-figure-prints/

Author:   Wolfwood
Date:   Dec 23, 08 at 8:39pm (PST)
Subject:   Neoseeker visits Figure Prints
-------------------------------------------
Greetings WoW faithful, our comrade ThrombosisJones has braved the elements and paid a visit to the freaky factory responsible for bringing WoW avatars to life in 3D, Figure Prints!

Get a behind the scenes look at how things are like over there with an interview with the man behind the operation himself, Ed Fries, and gasp in AWE at factoids like how they're cranking nearly 2,000 figures per month. Or all the Death Knight orders they keep receiving. Read more here:

Edit: Fixed link

WoW Figure Prints Interview and Tour

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   Dec 23, 08 at 9:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker visits Figure Prints
Wow, their monthly quotas are insane! I thought about ordering one of these before, but armor changes so quickly in WoW, seemed pointless to me. I would've asked for my Warlock with her Voidwalker!

Such a nerd, I know...

Anyway, nice article there.

-RCG-

Author:   kik36
Date:   Dec 23, 08 at 10:05pm (PST)
That's frickin' COOL!!!! I damn near want to start playing WoW just to get one of those figures now!!!

Author:   kspiess
Date:   Dec 23, 08 at 11:41pm (PST)
That was a pretty interesting look inside Figure Prints. Starting the company seems like a terrific idea

Author:   kspiess
Date:   Dec 24, 08 at 2:13am (PST)
Hey Adrian , the second last image on page one is of a character that seems to have the name 'Seeker' -- that's quite the coincidence, I thought.

Author:   oOhennersOo
Date:   Dec 24, 08 at 8:21am (PST)
That's really cool. I've always seen those preset statues Blizzard sells and thought I'd buy one if I found one that looked like my main.

Damn good idea for a business though, it's no suprise the demand exceeds the supply, they're gonna be rolling in it within no time.

Author:   hollowedsol
Date:   Dec 27, 08 at 6:18am (PST)
Makes me want to play WoW just so I can actually get one of those...

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Dec 27, 08 at 6:37am (PST)
I've wanted one of these for a while. ;___;

I'm keeping old gear for when I do.

Author:   ThrombosisJones
Date:   Dec 28, 08 at 8:48am (PST)
The best part about being able to visit these guys (and gals!) is that they're a very cool crew. They enjoy what they're doing and even with the stress of having shipped over 100 Figure Prints (!!!) the day before, they didn't snark at me and were very easygoing as they showed me what they do.

Also, there are a few easter egg things lurking in the video and pictures - anybody notice anything yet?

Cheers,
Adrian

Author:   doylie
Date:   Dec 28, 08 at 10:19am (PST)
lol, image 8 is funny, with the gnome standing on top of a dead tauren

Author:   ThrombosisJones
Date:   Dec 30, 08 at 11:48pm (PST)
Hey, hey!

Figure Prints has sent us their Blizzcon video too. Huntyr has uploaded it, making us the first site to have it.

Here's a link: http://videos.neoseeker.com/movies/1033-figure-prints-production/

This one is a longer video that shows more of the production facility - including the de-powdering process and a look at the old liquid treatment process.

There's no audio though and that might be our fault. We're checking into it right now and will have more info asap.

Cheers,
Adrian

P.S. No way could a Gnome take a Tauren! The stunty 'wee gits are good for nothing but fetching slippers and serving drinks to small children!

Author:   ace hacker03
Date:   Dec 31, 08 at 1:21am (PST)
I disagree with that statement completely and how insensitive of you thrombosisjones they definately have at least one other thing they are good for and honestly i wouldnt have it any other way

GNOME PUNTING!!!!

Thank you and good night i will be here all week.

Author:   PropadataFilms
Date:   Jan 12, 09 at 3:59am (PST)
quote ThrombosisJones
Hey, hey!

Figure Prints has sent us their Blizzcon video too. Huntyr has uploaded it, making us the first site to have it.

Here's a link: videos.neoseeker.com/movies/1033-figure-prints-production/

This one is a longer video that shows more of the production facility - including the de-powdering process and a look at the old liquid treatment process.

There's no audio though and that might be our fault. We're checking into it right now and will have more info asap.

Cheers,
Adrian
Hi there - This is Will from Propadata Films. The FigurePrints in production video was made by myself and is a side piece from a short documentary about the 3D prints, currently in production. You may see it here:

http://www.propadatafilms.com/catalog/posts/figureprints-in-production/

This version does have sound....Keep your eyes out for the full documentary piece, coming out soon - it will be posted at http://www.PropadataFilms.com

Thanks for reposting the video! Glad you liked it...

Author:   dxnation
Date:   Jan 12, 09 at 6:55pm (PST)
I really want one of these!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.