Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Signature of the Week v9.0 - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34/t1690448-signature-of-week-v9/4.htm

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Dec 05, 11 at 5:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Signature of the Week v9.0
-------------------------------------------
I'll be in whatever the round. I have no obligations for anything but work this week

Author:   Remedy
Date:   Dec 11, 11 at 1:19am (PST)

Author:   Jeremiah
Date:   Dec 22, 11 at 8:04pm (PST)

i guess i'll just drop this here

Date:   Dec 24, 11 at 3:24pm (PST)
Can signatures be animated just out of curiosity?

Author:   Alyssa
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 5:09am (PST)

Before I forget haha

Author:   Rondo
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 3:35pm (PST)
quote Ultimaodin
Can signatures be animated just out of curiosity?
I'm no official voice, but I think it can. I see no problem with it.

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 4:50pm (PST)
Neoseeker Forums » Programming and Design » Graphics and Animation » Signature of the Week v9.0

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Dec 27, 11 at 2:07pm (PST)

Stock. Didn't make this with SOTW in mind but I thought I may as well submit it, probably not even going to use it as a signature anyway.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Dec 27, 11 at 6:53pm (PST)

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Dec 30, 11 at 9:23pm (PST)
ENTRIES
--------

tears of insanity

Dark Moor

Rune Ripper

The Pursuit

Judging? Unless anybody else wants to submit something... *cough* Ultimaodin *cough*

Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 12:38am (PST)
Zeta - oops my bad. Had a few issues in real life and in all honesty forgot to finish my entry. AH well next week it is.

Anyway; Judging time:

1. Dark Moor - Aside from the warm colours and the cleanliness of this I found the more form shading of the character compared to the busy BG allowed the eye to rest on the character and making it "pop" really well creating a very neat focal point. I'm assuming this is the stock used but is his forearm very thin or is it just me?

2. tears of insanity - I feel a few of the lines on the girl look a bit messy and cut out but that could possibly be the stock. Again a clear focal point and nice colours although the font can be a touch difficult to read it's very fitting to the image.

3. Rune Ripper Nice simply composition however I find only the wings of the dragon stand out. In fact I found the rest of the dragon was on the same plane as the BG causing me to take little notice of the creature as a whole. There is a slight back lighting I can notice on the dragons body. I believe exaggerating that could greatly benefit the piece. Also I can't put my finger on it but something about it looks unpolished so to speak; it could just be the fog in the BG.

4. The Pursuit - Nice colour ramp again however I find the image a bit too chaotic and my eye only pauses momentarily on his face before moving on. There are a few points on his sleeve that are bothersome such as the clusters of light pixels near the chin and under his arm. A few other white clusters appear throughout the piece that are also rather bothersome and distracting. Also I'm not particularly fond of the font use in this nor the colours you used on the font.

Hope that's adequate judging.
Hope I didn't seem to mean; just trying to be constructive.

Author:   Pompey Fan
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 1:00am (PST)
Haven't had internet properly for a week. Problem should be sorted in the next day or so, so then I will have a think about doing something.

Author:   Rondo
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 2:23am (PST)
1. The Pursuit
2. tears of insanity
3. Dark Moor

Author:   Alyssa
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 3:44am (PST)
quote Ultimaodin
I'm assuming this is the stock used but is his forearm very thin or is it just me?
It is very thin.

Thanks for the comment, by the way.

Author:   The Answer
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 5:04am (PST)
1. tears of insanity - Appealing colors in the background, good composition. Not digging the white text vs the clip mask text, attracts attention away from the stock, which I assume is the intended focal point, but it's a minor issue.
2. Dark Moor - Background works really well with the stock. It has some nice tones, though it could use a bit more contrast.
3. Rune Ripper - Simple, yet elegant. Good stock choice. It's solid, but it's a bit timid.
4. The Pursuit - Contrast is nice. The background effects are too all over the place (it starts off nice near the stock but then it just loses direction and has too many sharp transitions), and it would be much better without the text.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.