Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Is it worth trying? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3374/t381665-worth-trying/

Author:   ConfusedGamr345
Date:   May 08, 04 at 10:35am (PST)
Subject:   Is it worth trying?
-------------------------------------------
i been hearing good and bad things about lineage 2 and i dont kow whether to give it a chance or not should i give it a go or is it a waste of my money and if it is could anyone tell me another mmmorpg out there thats worth checking out?

Author:   Gamble629
Date:   May 08, 04 at 4:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Is it worth trying?
Yes, I bought this game with my brother and we both love it. I am still at the low level of 10 but the game seems awesome especially with catle sieges and clan wars comin up. I think you should at least give it a chance.

Jib
Hindemith Server

Author:   confusedgamr345
Date:   May 09, 04 at 12:03am (PST)
alrgiht i think im gonna get it then i was just worried about the problems with pkers i hear they ruin the game for alot of people

Author:   Cheesysoapopra
Date:   May 10, 04 at 3:00am (PST)
To put it simple.. There are some PKers in this game.. But this game is based on PKing and PVPing, If you cant take it you can go play FFXI.

Author:   Fujiwarano_Sai
Date:   May 16, 04 at 6:03am (PST)
I warn you, Lineage games are not Childish. It's not some childish games. It might look like it, but if you have played Lineage, you will know what I mean. There are lots of crooks out there who would do anything just to take your items. If you are too chicken to play this game, I suggest you go play FF

Author:   evilmegaman
Date:   May 23, 04 at 3:59am (PST)
quote Fujiwarano_Sai
I warn you, Lineage games are not Childish. It's not some childish games. It might look like it, but if you have played Lineage, you will know what I mean. There are lots of crooks out there who would do anything just to take your items. If you are too chicken to play this game, I suggest you go play FF
I agree. I just got this game, and it seems a little frightening.. this games a reminder of the scary people out there. lol anyways, I decided I should probably keep a handy person around to prevent getting pked. Happened twice. My first by a guy named zab zab... He was really mean.. I am giving out his name because if you run into him, don't trust him.. He's weird. Just remember. watch your back.

Author:   Atticus242
Date:   May 23, 04 at 1:26pm (PST)
If you dont have alot of time to put into the game I would suggest that you dont even bother. The grind takes forever and getting gold is a pain... definately not a game for the casual player.

Author:   ConfusedGamr345
Date:   May 24, 04 at 7:40am (PST)
well ive had the game for about a week or two now and i love it, it just keeps getting better and better

Author:   evilmegaman
Date:   May 24, 04 at 2:13pm (PST)
quote ConfusedGamr345
well ive had the game for about a week or two now and i love it, it just keeps getting better and better
Great! hooray for good decisions!

Author:   HiddenMoniker
Date:   Jul 16, 04 at 10:20pm (PST)
As long as you know what you're doing, the grind isn't as bad as it seems for alot of people. C1 thus far has been great and I'm looking ready to getting into the dueling arena.

Author:   Virtuous tranquility
Date:   Jul 18, 04 at 7:05pm (PST)
:This game is definitly worth it, but be prepared to spend quite some time on this game

Author:   Otacon MGS
Date:   Jul 19, 04 at 6:58am (PST)
yeah this game is good, i got to beta test it, however at that time it was really lame cause there were plenty of bugs and most of the newer stuff wasn't added.

but compared to FFXI this game is a little better however the occasional PKer will annoy the hell out of you.

Author:   CloUdStrIfe8293
Date:   Jul 24, 04 at 4:30pm (PST)
I played the beta and thought it was a bit boring I'm guessing FFXI is better. More adventure and better characters. The beginning is sorta boring and long and its HUGE with big system requirements and its laggy. Maybe thats only me but i have a good comp and cable. PLus I've played FF a lot(not XI) so I'm used to the magic and maes and warriors. Its a lot of fun.

Author:   Elehisie
Date:   Sep 11, 04 at 4:08pm (PST)
i played for 3 months, got to lv 20.

if you dont have the hardware ABOVE (thats right) the reccomneded harware, dont even bother trying to run it.

And well, about the "too chicken" statements, surely it aint no child game, but there are surely a bunch of jerks. Theres a guild that runs about Elven Fortress, 1-hit-killing everybody selliing stuff on shops hoping they will drop good equip. You lose A LOT of exp when you die, and its possible to DELEVEL if you die enough. Ive seen jerks killing ppl selling, and reviving them a few times to kill them again, to make them drop goodies.

Author:   CloUdStrIfe8293
Date:   Sep 11, 04 at 8:40pm (PST)
I only played Beta for 3 days and I was level 16 or something. How did it take you three months to get to level 20, you must not play a lot. I'm not sure if I'm ready for an MMO yet either. I have CS and some new cool Rpgs for my consoles to keep me busy. Maybe if I get bored with CS and after i beat some of my new games maybe I'll get this, but most likely FFXI.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.