Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 360 is the worst version of Pro ever! - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32468/t777093-360-worst-version-of-pro-ever/5.htm

Author:   neillydun
Date:   Nov 22, 06 at 1:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 360 is the worst version of Pro ever!
-------------------------------------------
quote Smigga
Neil, your parents must be very proud, but I for one couldn't give a flying F U C K, but that's just my opinion.
You are the person who brought intelligence (or lack of it) into this thread, and cast doubt on my educational achievements, suggesting I work at Asda. I merely tried to point out that I was telling the truth, and the whiteboard (its a board and its white) photo was the best way I could think of trying to prove it.

Author:   Smigga
Date:   Nov 22, 06 at 2:44pm (PST)
Neil, I was only joking about the white board thing, chill out. Oh and try not to take things to heart, the Asda thing wasn't a personal dig, it was sarcastic remark as in most people who do 3 years of UNI and get a degree, do not necessarily get the job they were looking for. Look at the things said to me on this forum, but I just sit back and laugh at them, because at the end of the day who gives a S H I T.

Author:   gonzojourno
Date:   Nov 23, 06 at 6:37pm (PST)
Hahaha Smigga you've lost it!

Smigga your parents must be very proud of you too mate - bet they beat one off every night over your pro evo success at some get-together at Villa Park. And if gonzo is such a funny name that you cant take seriously, then I suppose 'Smigga' just exudes class and style? You crack me up. If you knew what gonzo meant then that might help, but no you dont do you? That's because you dont have any intelligence that stretches beyond computer games. Yet you seem to slag off degrees and other qualifactions that you are not capable of acheiving, saying that not everyone gets the job they want. Well actually mate the average graduate salary is around £18k (which is not even half of mine) and its a well established fact that I have a better chance of being promoted in a company than you, as it demonstrates that I can actually learn something. My guess is that you have neither a degree or a Phd - and I am right am I not??? And I bet you will say that you dont want them either.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the job interview that you go for, when you list pro evo as one of your main acheivements in life. Oh, and yes I post after 3.30pm - well actually after 6.00pm - and thats because I have a job and a good one at that. You post in the day as you can get on the web in your miserable call centre job. You are really going places mate - most probably to India, or is that your job thats going? Is that the DSS on the phone? - certainly fits with you being an Everton fan.

You're out of your depth in this argument and I beleive that the whole page has strayed from its original title. Therefore I will revert back to the original subject - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON HERE IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS VERSION OF THE GAME???

If all you are going to come back and say is some highly unwitty response about me being at school (I earn more money than you could dream of by the way) or how peoples parents should be proud of them etc etc, then please do. I love hearing people lose an argument comprehensively - something you have already done here!

SHOOTO!

Author:   Smigga
Date:   Nov 24, 06 at 9:00am (PST)
Looks like I hit a nerve there Gonzo, anyway, how if you are so super intelligent with a highly paid job, can you say you earn more money than me if you have no idea what it is I do? Or my financial background, well ill give you a little insight shall I; firstly my education is tiptop with a 1st in psychology and Neuroscience. Doesn't mean I can just stroll into my job of choice, as you have to do the extra 3 years for a doctorate degree, of which I am half way threw. Once this is secured ill be on wages that you will never be able to acquire in your S H I T little job. Not to mention the word Dr in front of my name you F U C K I N pip squeak!

This message was edited by smigga on Nov 24 2006.

Author:   BADBOYKILLA
Date:   Nov 24, 06 at 9:13am (PST)
quote gonzojourno
(I earn more money than you could dream of by the way)
Yeah, I always believe what people on the internet tell me. You know, because they can prove it. Oh wait....

Lets get back on topic shall we? Super.

Although I was extremely disappointed initially with the 360 version, it's not that bad if you just accept it's unfamiliar feel (as opposed to PS2).

I do own both console versions of PES6. I have kept hold of my 360 version so I can give it a whirl on live. Having said that, my friend traded in his 360 copy for the PC version (madness I cried!), To my amazement the PC version is absolutely brilliant (with the PS2 control pad adaptor). Has anyone else played the PC PES online?

Author:   AnDySmItH
Date:   Nov 25, 06 at 3:53pm (PST)
I don't agree with the fact that its "different" I thought it was just horrible I would rather have the PS2 version that actually plays like PES than the crap 360 version that feels like FIFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:   blm1990
Date:   Nov 27, 06 at 10:25pm (PST)
I disagree with you, no way does it play like fifa (thank god). I have played both the ps2 and xbox 360 version, and the ps2 version for me is far too arcady. Basically all of the games i have played have had at least 6 or 7 goals in them, and it is just too arcady. The 360 version on the other hand, is very realistic, apart from the shooting being a bit dodgy, but even so that is realistic because the quality of the shot depends on the position you are in, which is realistic. I prefer the 360 version definitely.

Author:   TheGreatEye
Date:   Nov 28, 06 at 7:10pm (PST)
Emlyn Hughes International Soccer is better than any PES encarnation. If only for the superb ref's whistle sample.

Funniest thread ever btw.

Author:   roast
Date:   Dec 04, 06 at 10:17pm (PST)
I agree, worst version of PES ever! Been very disappointed with it, but im hoping it will grow on me.

Author:   Ant_1981
Date:   Dec 05, 06 at 12:31am (PST)
To many its the worst version because of the difference ingameplay, lack of anything such as edit and replay lol. To me its another challenge(gameplay), and this game has totally grown on me. Although i'm swayed aswell because the graphics are more lush than the jaggy edgy PS2 version.

I just hope PES7 has more relasistic Next Gen options as well as all the basic stuff, which should have been in PES6.

Author:   hENRYKING
Date:   Dec 07, 06 at 7:03pm (PST)
I have been playing PES since it was released on the PS1. It was a fine simulation game, hard to score and a good challenge. But as the years went by I seemed to be getting the same game every year but with slightly better graphics. So I decided it was time for a change so I bought the new version on the Xbox 360 and I have to say its great. It plays a realistic game of football and is a lot more realistic compared to the PS2 version. Who cares about the edit mode, thats for Fifa fans. All I care about is the gamplay and you can't get better.

Author:   Jess C
Date:   Dec 14, 06 at 8:23pm (PST)
Just as an FYI for Smigga, it's IMPOSSIBLE to be an armchair fan for a video game. Armchair football team supporter, yes, but for a video game it's impossible.

I have to admit that after reading some of your posts I'm a little concerned about you and your, seemingly, obsession with this game. Seek help.

Author:   blm1990
Date:   Dec 18, 06 at 7:11pm (PST)
Smigga you scare me and also amuse me with your attempts at witty comments that 'surprisingly' are unwitty. Next you'll be saying you have a degree in proevolutionsoccerology.

Author:   Superfast Oz
Date:   Dec 21, 06 at 4:03pm (PST)
quote blm1990
The 360 version on the other hand, is very realistic, apart from the shooting being a bit dodgy, but even so that is realistic because the quality of the shot depends on the position you are in, which is realistic.
Does anyone actually believe this? Now I've tried to play this version of PES many many times because I genuinely want to like it. So far I've learned to accept the terrible AI, bad movement and the complete disproportion between attack and defence. What I can't handle is how the shooting system works, it's just.. weird. I can only think they forgot to play test it, there's no way I should be hitting the ball over the bar from 3 yards over and over again. Maybe once a season.

Author:   chippy 657
Date:   Dec 21, 06 at 9:19pm (PST)
For *bleep* sake next time your down the park with your mates try turning at the same time as shooting its *bleep*in hard, balance is the key and if you are off balance your shot is going to go in row z or hit the corner flag.

Balance is the only thing stopping you from scoring, trust me i know my football

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.