Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mercs 3 wishlist - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32456/t1283133-mercs-3-wishlist/2.htm

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Apr 29, 09 at 3:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Mercs 3 wishlist
-------------------------------------------
quote Doombugg
Hey, I have had loads of ideas and just been bursting to tell somebody:

1: Cover system

2: Customizable characters, to a point (clothes, hair, glasses, tats, scars etc)

3: Customizable team, I liked the whole team based idea of the game I was just disappointed with the number you could have and the fact that you couldn't pick and choose who you wanted (chars would have stats and stuff based on relevant info about his job in the team.)

4: A garage for any cool cars that you find and want to keep (Max 5 or something, and no matter how damaged they got they would reappear in the garage.)

5: More fluidity with destructible buildings, in mercs 2, the buildings would pretty much come down in one piece, I can't help thinking it would be cool if loads of rubble was just strewn over the road, causing car crashes and bowling over passers by.

6: More realistic car damage, hopefully they'll make vehicle damage more or less modeled on burnout para or Gta 4. However this isn't a biggy for me.

7: Duel Wield = pure awesome!

8: Inventory system maybe the ability to pick up discarded weapons, flak jackets and grenades to be stored in a backpack that you could access and mess around with your grenade type or whatever...

9: Interior battles (Fighting through an abandoned warehouse with only a torch on your gun for light., etc)

10: Customizable cars maybe? Take them back to your garage and get your mechanic to change the color, add some light machine guns, toughen it"s armor etc

Thanks for reading, please comment. I know there is little chance for many of these but they're just stuff I think would be awesome!
Erm have you heard of GTA: Sanandreas?

The only thing i would change is the PDA back to its old self, where you could buy anything from any faction at any time and have it delivered, i hate having to go to different factions for different stuff

This message was edited by Shave ya Head on May 01 2009.

Author:   MangaTron X
Date:   May 02, 09 at 1:24pm (PST)
I'd like to see customization tbh, plus an improved swimming system.

Date:   May 03, 09 at 10:07am (PST)
Yeah thats right, i felt like i was swimming for years, so even if im in a swimming pool i order a boat now

I would like to see guns given proper names too, like the MP5 and M16, and AK-47

Oh and ive just heard Mercs 3 is gonna be out this year, there another game theyve rushed out

Date:   May 03, 09 at 6:53pm (PST)
Maybe adding realism to the water and being able to dive under. :3 But.. there would have to be a point for that, like a mission where you would require going under of some sort.

Oh and come to think about it, I would love it if the deck of cards system came back. The HVT thingie now is kind of confusing imo.

Date:   May 04, 09 at 11:27am (PST)
I hated the deck of 52 system, it was annoying, all i really want is for all shop items to be on the PDA, i like the amount of stuff there is to do on this one, like blowing up billboards, blowing up the Target building Etc. and how is the HVT system confusing, there is about 10 people each faction want dead or captured

Date:   May 04, 09 at 12:03pm (PST)
I guess the deck of 52 system actually made the game original and got my attention.. maybe. >_>

Is it just me or was Mercs 2 kinda short?

Date:   May 05, 09 at 10:47am (PST)
No it was just repetetive, go there, clear the area, call in the troops to storm the building, then do it all over again

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   May 05, 09 at 12:39pm (PST)
Imo, Mercs 1 was a lot better than 2. Possibly due to it being first in the series. I played it through several times, but Mercs 2, I played through just once, and I had to force myself to do it.

Author:   Gamesta100
Date:   May 05, 09 at 12:57pm (PST)
I finished this game 2 or 3 times.

Anyway I hop the next one doesn't have Fiona telling you the story on each zone EVERY time you bloody enter them.

Date:   May 05, 09 at 3:04pm (PST)
quote Coi Cki
Imo, Mercs 1 was a lot better than 2. Possibly due to it being first in the series. I played it through several times, but Mercs 2, I played through just once, and I had to force myself to do it.
I agree, but I liked the first one better because of the storyline and the setting.

I agree with Gamesta too, lols. The lines were soooo repetitive.

Date:   May 05, 09 at 7:34pm (PST)
Well you know its like that, its like that with films too

1st (Mercs 1-Playground of Destruction)-Great
2nd (Mercs 2-World in Flames)-Ok, but maybe not as good as
1st one
3rd (Mercs 3-Unknown)PWNS ALL

i mean look at films, harry potter 1 was great, 2 was crap, then 3rd was even better

Die hards too, 1 was great, 2 was crap, 3rd was awsome

Beverly hills cop 1 was really good, 2nd is so crap its a joke and 3rd was one of the best films ive ever seen, mind you, the fast and the furious movies didnt go like that

FATF-Great
2F2F-Grea
Tokyo Drift, ok i guess, but couldve have been so much better

it seems to me like they make a great game/film, think they own the world, bring out a 2nd that is crap and no one likes, then learn from there mistakes and make an awsome 3rd, im sure you can think of more films and games that have done this

Date:   May 05, 09 at 8:10pm (PST)
Perhaps. Mercenaries 3 is a confirmed game from various sources btw. ^^

Date:   May 06, 09 at 3:10pm (PST)
Yeah i know i saw it about a week ago, hopefuly, like other games and films they learn from there mistakes, hopefully theyve looked at the forums.

I dont think Planes should be added either, for one how would you get it delivered, fair enough you could have 1 single plane and you have to take off from your house, and if you blow it up, you gotta get it repaired, but i think its daft, but being able to do your own air strikes would be awsome, but thats about it.

All i really want in mercs is to be able to carry more ammo, and more trophies too, maybe take the fuel system out but leave the fuel tanks in

Date:   May 06, 09 at 5:46pm (PST)
I thought that the idea of fuel was pretty cool at first but it just became tedious. Sometimes I'd forget to load up on fuel and buy an airstrike only to find that I'm out of fuel. ._.

Date:   May 08, 09 at 10:10am (PST)
I kinda enjoyed it, but i just wish you could hold as much as you want, if they keep it they need to sort it out though, it costs 200 fuel to get an anaconda delivered to your PMC, but it only costs 20 fuel to transit from one end of the map to the other

They really need to make it so the vehicles can carry more ammo.

I'll tell you what i just noticed too, when your capturing HVT's you can put them into a car and drive off, then get them them back out, which is cool

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.