Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback and Suggestions - page 23

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32396/t685964-requests-feedback-suggestions/23.htm

Author:   Deis
Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 7:33am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
You're completely missing the point.

Stuy put a lot of effort into her footer too. You said it was going to be decided democratically, and you should have stuck to that.

The best thing for the forum is to be fair to the members and treat them well, not just make it look nice.

And, SS03, we weren't complaining about him greeting people to the forum; we were complaining about him posting every other post with a generic "welcome to the forum". He could have pm'd the members personally with a welcome to the forum if that was his intent, rather than just say "welcome to all newcomers" which means absolutely nothing.

Author:   wildhazz
Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 7:38am (PST)
Read two times before judging someone.

Each new member, I give them a nice welcome with his name on it, not just "Welcome to the forum".

And why don't you PM, Deis? instead of posting?..

pff

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 7:39am (PST)
Holy *bleep*ing moses.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/directmessage.php?m=13927062

Deis Edit: Didn't see your edit before now. I'm posting, not pm'ing because there are a lot of problems in this forum, and I shouldn't have to cut you any slack. If you're the moderator, you should know this stuff.

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 7:43am (PST)
One time? so what?

This don't even deserves a discussion, If you got a problem with me, just PM me.

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 7:46am (PST)
It's not a personal problem with you, it's a problem with this forum.

Please don't be so immature as to try to turn this into a personal debate. You are the moderator. Act like it.

I've already stated my opinion. Once again, you are unable to deal with it, and seem to be attempting to pick a fight. When you are ready to deal with this in a manner fitting your position, do so. Until then, please stop acting like a child, and listen to what people are saying, rather than viewing everything as a personal attack and blowing off valid comments.

I really am trying to keep my temper here.

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 7:49am (PST)
Ok.

Author:   I Am Steely Phil
Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 8:06am (PST)
Alright, I've been observing this forum for a weeks now. I've got something to say.

It's gotten to the point where's it become more than obvious, that wildhazz is incapable of this job. I'm not sure why he was chosen over other applicants, although I do have my reasons.

Wildhazz, I'm not trying to be mean, but it's the truth.

A moderator shouldn't reply to every post in an introduction thread. He shouldn't deal with forum issues by just saying 'OK', or telling members to PM you. It isn't personal problems, it's a forum issue, hence why it should be dealt with in public.

It probably isn't my place, but I recommend stepping down before you further ruin your reputation, and more importantly, this forum's.

Chain Gang ftw.

This message was edited by I Am Steely Phil on Feb 25 2007.

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 8:20am (PST)
You know, I think the Forum is running just fine, I don't know why you say that I'm a bad moderator, because I say Hello to our new members?

I really don't get it. Ok, about the the Footer Contest, Yeah Its not over yet, Ok?

Yeah, I admit, I can make mistakes you know? I'm not perfect.

I'm open to hear advices for being a better moderator.

Author:   devil link
Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 8:22am (PST)
No,I think that wildhazz does deserve to be the moderator in this forum,im not saying i know everything about him,but from the looks of things,he gets a little ticked when people start accusing him for stuff.Just get over it people!!! its just a banner ffs!

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 8:40am (PST)
quote wildhazz
You know, I think the Forum is running just fine, I don't know why you say that I'm a bad moderator, because I say Hello to our new members?
This forum obviously isn't running the way it should. Scandal in a contest thread, an incompetent moderator, things are definitely not 'fine'.

I really don't get it. Ok, about the the Footer Contest, Yeah Its not over yet, Ok?
That's not the point. You broke the rules, contradicted everything that was said earlier, and still don't see what you did wrong.

Yeah, I admit, I can make mistakes you know? I'm not perfect.

I'm open to hear advices for being a better moderator.
First off, stop spamming.

Secondly, quit replying to every post in the introduction thread. People get the point they are welcome here. Imagine if other members followed your lead; think about how bad that thread would get.

Thirdly, deal with forum issues INSIDE the forum. PMing you is hardly a valid solution to a problem that lies within this forum.

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 8:48am (PST)
?

his forum obviously isn't running the way it should. Scandal in a contest thread, an incompetent moderator, things are definitely not 'fine'.
I want to hear others Peoples opinion about that, you know you never visit the forum, so I can't trust what are you saying.

Secondly, quit replying to every post in the introduction thread. People get the point they are welcome here. Imagine if other members followed your lead; think about how bad that thread would get.
Done.

Thirdly, deal with forum issues INSIDE the forum. PMing you is hardly a valid solution to a problem that lies within this forum.
Ok, Thanks.

Author:   devil link
Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 8:56am (PST)
I think wildhazz is doing a great job as moderator!

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 9:03am (PST)
quote wildhazz
?
Just read through this thread. countless times you're posted replies consisting with 'ok', or 'PM me', or some other pointless response.

I want to hear others Peoples opinion about that, you know you never visit the forum, so I can't trust what are you saying.
What, so just because I don't post regularly doesn't mean I don't check this forum regularly. That's some logic you got there.

Exhibit A

Having one of your forum's members report you to a super hardly constitutes as 'fine'.

Exhibit B

More crticism.

Exhibit C

...And more.

Things aren't 'fine'.

Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 9:11am (PST)
Ok, I get it.
I'll try to change all those this from now on.

Author:   The Omega
Date:   Feb 25, 07 at 11:56am (PST)
Hola suckers The greatest moderator in Neoseeker history (as appointed by himself ) has a suggestion after reading the discussion going on in here. Now I'm someone that has taken Spanish in school for about a decade and got straight A's every year, but still can't speak it well at all. That has more to do with me not speaking it often and therefore never being able to get the hang of it. For those in this forum that feel they are being left out of conversations when they turn to pure Spanish, and for those who speak Spanish and would enjoy discussing Spanish/Latin related topics in their own native language, it would be very helpful to start putting up links to English/Spanish conversion sites. Members probably aren't going to go out of their way to try and find one each time they come upon a thread where they can't understand the language being spoken. Now converters don't have perfect grammar and sometimes put the wrong word up, but for the most part they can enable the user to determine what is being said so they can understand the conversation and be able to add on to it.

I'd need to find a good converter to suggest since I don't often use them, but since I plan on taking Spanish in college shortly, it would be nice to get the hang of it beforehand and start speaking it in here so I don't totally bomb out in the class. Posting links to a converter that one of you knows is informative somewhere in your header, as well as posting a link to it in your signature since you make many posts in here and it can be easily found, would be very helpful to members. It would be ideal to have the link in all threads but since I can't seem to find a way to edit my forum settings to be able to add a subheader to every single thread in my forum, I doubt it's an option (though I'll suggest it to upper management). Hasta luego!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.