Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback and Suggestions - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32396/t685964-requests-feedback-suggestions/17.htm

Author:   Bri
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:10am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------

I clearly see where you're coming from with your argument MNM, but being a moderator for the first time isn't easy. How about we give hazz a chance before complaining about how he handles the forum after a couple of posts, he's only been promoted for what, a day at best? That's just my opinion.

Author:   M_N_M48060
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:15am (PST)
But the problem is that he clearly can not communicate well in English. He has shown this in this and other threads already. I would not have a problem if he went out and learned English a little more.

I mean it would not make sense for me to be the moderator at a French forum. When my knowledge of the language is very basic (one year of high school French). It is absurd to think that someone not skilled in a language can moderate discussion.

edit: wildhazz, I can not respond to your PMs. So sending them to me is basically useless.

This message was edited by M_N_M48060 on Jan 29 2007.

Author:   The5thAvacado
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:26am (PST)
MNM, stop trying to intimidate and confuse Hazz with your big plethora of words. It's obvious he doesn't speak English well, and you're trying to make him look incompetent. Goddamn, I don't even understand some of the things you write and I've been speaking nothing but English for 15 years.

Author:   Stuy
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:28am (PST)
M_N_M, you say you are not insulting Wild, and in the mean time you edit your post and say this?

quote M_N_M48060
edit: wildhazz, I can not respond to your PMs. So sending them to me is basically useless.
And this:

quote M_N_M48060
What big words am I using? This is how I speak, and always will. Is being educated a bad thing?

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:28am (PST)
What big words am I using? This is how I speak, and always will. Is being educated a bad thing?

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:31am (PST)
That's how you speak, but not him. Just because he's not so good at English, when he can't make sense of a word you say, it makes him look like he's never heard of the language before.

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:33am (PST)
So what should I do? Speak like I don't know English so that he understands me? This is the exact problem I have been getting at from the very beginning. If the English language confuses him, then he should not be the moderator on an English language forum site.

Author:   wildhazz
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:33am (PST)
quote M_N_M48060
quote The5thAvacado
I think it was kinda the point of the forum, to provide an alternative to the rest of the English-speaking site. Speaking English in here is like speaking Spanish in America: Although it will help, you're better off with the native language.
No in fact that was one of the main concerns in the petition for this place. Many of the biggest arguments against this is that it would encourage people not to speak English.

Also for those way say I am not a member of this community...since when? In fact just ask Metafor the original mod of this place. I used to frequent this place all the time, but then every thread was hijacked with Spanish discussion. So I left, because I could no longer communicate with the forum.
Hijacked the forum?
This a Latin/Hispanic forum sir..and i am sure that you know that.

You are insulting this forum by saying that

This is my last warning M_N_M48060

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:36am (PST)
quote M_N_M48060
If the English language confuses him, then he should not be the moderator on an English language forum site.
That's what I'm getting at. English language forum site. Not English language forum.

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:37am (PST)
Warning for what? I have not broken any rule, so banning me is completely unjustified and would just prove my point.

My point from saying that is that nearly every thread became overwhelmed with the Spanish language. This doesn't occur at any of the other localized forums. Europe has a few threads in other languages, but the general threads are all English. Same with Asia, Africa, America, England and Australasia. So please do not throw out wild accusations that have no base in reality.

Edit:
quote The5thAvacado
quote M_N_M48060
If the English language confuses him, then he should not be the moderator on an English language forum site.
That's what I'm getting at. English language forum site. Not English language forum.
The site is an English site and the moderator of a forum like this should be fluent in both English and Spanish. Anything less is unacceptable.

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:41am (PST)
Neoseeker is a site with people situated in mainly America and various countries in Europe. The Spanish language is a common language to both of these places, so it makes sense that there would be a lot of Spanish-speaking people on the site. But just how many people speak Chinese in the Asia forum? Probably not many. Besides, Asia has so many different languages, there's not one you can call common to that area. But in a Latin/Hispanic country forum, you know immediately that you're going to see a lot of Spanish.

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:43am (PST)
How is that relevant at all? This is an English site and as such should conduct all formal business in English. The discussion threads in a forum such as this can (and should) have discussion in a different language. But certain threads(such as this) require the moderator to fully understand the English language. Which you yourself have said he is not capable of doing.

Author:   Stuy
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:44am (PST)
quote M_N_M48060
My point from saying that is that nearly every thread became overwhelmed with the Spanish language.
Though we speak Spanish in a lot of the threads, we still have our English posts.

quote M_N_M48060
This doesn't occur at any of the other localized forums.
Get to the point. Oh wait, your points aren't even worth dog shit. Stfu now.

Author:   wildhazz
Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:44am (PST)
I don't care who you are or what's your point you are spamming the site and you are refusing to cooperate

You asked for it Pal..

Date:   Jan 30, 07 at 3:47am (PST)
Refusing to cooperate with what? I am not spamming nor am I flaming. Your own accusations keep changing and none of them are true. You sound like George Bush trying to justify the war in Iraq.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.