reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32396/t1723558-you-from/3.htm

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Where are you from?
-------------------------------------------
quote LOD-squa
quote Vermillion
That's because when I was 12 I got addicted to the internet. It was a new modern here around here. I started going to social networks (well, just Hi5 back then), and I actually discovered neo when I was 11. I came here for all my cheats and FAQs but I didn't register an account until 3 years later when I was 14.

I went to English schools, but my English got better with videogames and principally when I started to post here. You learn a lot when people make fun of you because you can't use the language properly...

This was one of my main problems when I joined Neoseeker. Alot of people made fun of my horrible english on here; which is why I ended up forcing myself to learn the language. I also started seeking help from other seekers so they could help me with my grammar.
To the day, I still have a couple of minor problems with it. For example, I have always had problems knowing the difference between "in" and "on", despite having it explained to me many times in the past. I'm glad I made friends here because they were the ones that helped me improve my English in a friendly manner.

Tenshi, particularly. He must be my online English teacher.

Author:   XxSkelterXx
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 3:16pm (PST)
Most of my English was learned in Puerto Rico. We always had cable, I always liked role playing games, and I was subscribed to every old school game Magazine..

When I got to the states at 17, it was easy.

Author:   Inhale
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 9:32am (PST)
quote Vermillion
The first games I ever read cheats for where Golden Eye 64 and Zelda OoT.
Yeah I have a DS but I can't get my Wi-Fi to work with games for some reason. I need to bridge my modem and I have killed it twice doing that.
I have the same problem. I have to resort to going either to the living room or stepping out in the hallway to steal my neighbor's wifi. My own wifi will work to surf the net I believe, and not for games.

Damn, those games date back to 8 years ago. A long time ago....

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 6:30pm (PST)
Vermillion have you tried turning on UPnP on your router? It might work that way.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 6:59pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Vermillion have you tried turning on UPnP on your router? It might work that way.
I'll try that too since I can't access the wifi point with video games.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 7:04pm (PST)
It might turn on the ports on demand; which is what might be happening. I also just read; what security settings do you have on the router? WPA or WEP? It seems as if WPA doesn't play well with the DS. Unsure if that might have something to do with it.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 8:57pm (PST)
I'm not sure. It's the one that can only use letters a-f and numbers 0-9.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 9:19pm (PST)
I am indeed using WPA encryption, but I'm certain the 3DS can deal with WPA (I can do almost everything with it, except actually play online). Happens with all my consoles: I can connect online for certain services like syncing my PSN trophies, using their browsers, sending messages... They work fine for that, but not for actual gaming.
I'm almost certain I tried the UPnP thing, but then again, I tried lots of things. Last thing I need to try to get it to work is to bridge my modem and router, but I have killed my internet twice doing that.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 9:33pm (PST)
Yo Vermillion bro, take your problem to the internet section or where ever the hell this belongs. You'll find a solution. You can even get a genius who knows how to fix it to do it for you using some software that allows another computer to take over yours.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 9:37pm (PST)
Heh, I will fix this problem myself like I always have. No one is ever going to control my computer remotely. I prefer to die first.
Not to mention, remotely controlling the computer won't do the trick since I would have to reset the router a couple of times, probably move a couple of cables around.

Thanks for your concern though!

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 9:39pm (PST)
Vermillion I am enjoying myself right now. I am bumping ice cube and I have been zipping and chiefing. I want to go hit some bowls.

Author:   legacygrim
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 10:55pm (PST)
I'ma go ahead and bump this thread. I'm from Trujillo Alto in Puerto Rico, and am pleasantly surprised to see I'm not the only Latino here.

Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
Subject:   Where are you from?
quote legacygrim
I'ma go ahead and bump this thread. I'm from Trujillo Alto in Puerto Rico, and am pleasantly surprised to see I'm not the only Latino here.
Hi legacygrim. Its nice to see another Latino within the community. Well, the forum is dead, but the lation members are still somewhere around neo. Why don't you trying bringing some conversation into this lonely forum?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.