Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Where are you from? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32396/t1723558-you-from/2.htm

Author:   Willow Vampire
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 10:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Where are you from?
-------------------------------------------
I'm from Manchester, England. Not loving it too much in this country right now what with the recession increasing prices and cutting back public services, high crime rates and very little to do.

I'm completely Caucasian, but a quarter Irish and distantly French.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote Inhale
quote LOD-squa
Puertoricans are a mix between african/spanish/tainos(local indians). Which is most of our tan comes from; too many races mixed in there.

Isn't every latino from that mix? Immortal technique mentions it, unless I misheard.

Anyways... I was born in Mexico. D.F. to be precise, so I'm chilango. Born in Mexico, raised in Cali. L.A. baby!

You gotta love L.A. Too bad I wasn't born here. I could of gotten a lot done had I been born here.
I wasn't sure and I didn't want to say something that didn't make sense. I'm not a fan of providing inaccurate information.

quote Willow Vampire
I'm from Manchester, England. Not loving it too much in this country right now what with the recession increasing prices and cutting back public services, high crime rates and very little to do.

And you speak spanish or just interested in the culture?

Author:   Inhale
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 1:54pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
quote Inhale
quote LOD-squa
Puertoricans are a mix between african/spanish/tainos(local indians). Which is most of our tan comes from; too many races mixed in there.

Isn't every latino from that mix? Immortal technique mentions it, unless I misheard.

Anyways... I was born in Mexico. D.F. to be precise, so I'm chilango. Born in Mexico, raised in Cali. L.A. baby!

You gotta love L.A. Too bad I wasn't born here. I could of gotten a lot done had I been born here.
I wasn't sure and I didn't want to say something that didn't make sense. I'm not a fan of providing inaccurate information.

quote Willow Vampire

And you speak spanish or just interested in the culture?
Yeah, I'll read up into if I have time.

I think Laura doesn't speak Spanish.

Author:   Willow Vampire
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
I don't speak it.

I've tried to teach myself several times but it's very difficult on my own without knowing any other learners or Spanish speakers to practice with. I just really like the sound of the language and the culture too, I've been to Spain a couple of times and enjoyed venturing out into the less touristy parts, sampling the food and admiring the architecture.

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 3:09pm (PST)
Laura (willow vampire)you're so lucky. You've traveled across the country. I hope I'll be able to visit Spain someday as well.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 10:45pm (PST)
My dad lives in Spain. Thanks to him my brother and I have Spaniard nationality.
We never set a foot in Europe though...

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 9:36am (PST)
quote Vermillion
My dad lives in Spain. Thanks to him my brother and I have Spaniard nationality.
We never set a foot in Europe though...
Has your dad always lived there? I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you grow up without a father?

Wait, but you know Spanish right. You're the one that is impressive and knows English iirc.

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
My parents divorced when I was 9. We lived all in Bolivia but my dad went to Spain when I was 11.

And yeah, my mother tongue is Spanish.

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 9:47am (PST)
quote Vermillion
My parents divorced when I was 9. We lived all in Bolivia but my dad went to Spain when I was 11.

And yeah, my mother tongue is Spanish.
I'm sorry about your folks. Are you still living in Bolivia? If you are, that's so cool.

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 10:15am (PST)
Yeah I still live in Bolivia but I doubt I will live here for long. I'm planning on going to the US or UK when I'm done with college.

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 10:18am (PST)
quote Vermillion
Yeah I still live in Bolivia but I doubt I will live here for long. I'm planning on going to the US or UK when I'm done with college.
Wow... How in the wolrd do we get someone from Bolivia joining neoseeker? How did you learn English?

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
That's because when I was 12 I got addicted to the internet. It was a new modern here around here. I started going to social networks (well, just Hi5 back then), and I actually discovered neo when I was 11. I came here for all my cheats and FAQs but I didn't register an account until 3 years later when I was 14.

I went to English schools, but my English got better with videogames and principally when I started to post here. You learn a lot when people make fun of you because you can't use the language properly...

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 12:03pm (PST)
Vermillion how did you even get on the internet? Shouldn't you have been doing kid stuff? I'm just messing with ya. I joined this site at your age.

Well what games were you playing that you were using neo's cheats and FAQs section?

I also want to give you props for your fluent English. Now, I just gotta hear that English through the DS's mic. I'm sure you have a DS with pokemon games, am I right?

Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 12:59pm (PST)
The first games I ever read cheats for where Golden Eye 64 and Zelda OoT.
Yeah I have a DS but I can't get my Wi-Fi to work with games for some reason. I need to bridge my modem and I have killed it twice doing that.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 5:43pm (PST)
quote Vermillion
That's because when I was 12 I got addicted to the internet. It was a new modern here around here. I started going to social networks (well, just Hi5 back then), and I actually discovered neo when I was 11. I came here for all my cheats and FAQs but I didn't register an account until 3 years later when I was 14.

I went to English schools, but my English got better with videogames and principally when I started to post here. You learn a lot when people make fun of you because you can't use the language properly...

This was one of my main problems when I joined Neoseeker. Alot of people made fun of my horrible english on here; which is why I ended up forcing myself to learn the language. I also started seeking help from other seekers so they could help me with my grammar.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.