Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Adamantoise Farming for Low-Level Characters - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32228/t1499775-adamantoise-farming-for-low-level-characters/14.htm

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Oct 10, 10 at 8:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Adamantoise Farming for Low-Level Characters
-------------------------------------------
quote Shoopuf
you should do most of your adamantoise farming in edenhall, since it is secure, you have the soldiers to restore your Tp quickly enough and after you get the guis, it's the only place you'll see the adamantoise spawn.
Thanks I completely forgot about Eden Hall.

Author:   Bakka
Date:   Oct 10, 10 at 11:18pm (PST)
I farm on the steppe. 5 Adamantoise/tortoises there. Just loop anti clockwise coming from valis media:

1st wandering between the lake and titans circle.
2nd is stationary with 3 of those common wolve creatures in a vally just past titans circle.
3rd is a Mark that is activated in sulya springs and is at the bottom of the aforementioned vally; where the gang of adamanchelid normally are.
4th is stationary in the other vally exiting the adamanchielid place.
5th is wandering in the center of the plains not far from the second vally exit.

Every set I take a trip to sulya springs to start mission 63(60k gold nugget for repeatable reward) as well as resetting all adamantoise/tortoise spawns. Never tried or cared for Edenhall personally. Is it easy to respawn the adamantortoise there? How far do you have to go?

Author:   fantasiedreamer
Date:   Oct 11, 10 at 6:54pm (PST)
I'm doing this too. I have a growth egg that I got from mission 55, conseneur and survivalist catalog both equiped. I wait till hope cast haste on me then I summon right away. Then I start spamming death till my summon leaves. Then I swap my paragrim to 3 saboteurs and start spamming death hoping that I will kill it before it gets up. If didn't work I retry again. after killing it, I fight some weak mobs to full up my tp to 3 then kill another adamantoise. I'm looking for platinum ingot drops which sells for 150k each because I invested all my money upgrading snow's weapon to lv76 which is very stupid to
do. I just wanna fully max it out so I can dismantle it so I get my money back and my trapezodron(sorry don't know how to spell it).I completely mess up upgrading, I wasted a lot of money.

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Oct 11, 10 at 8:31pm (PST)
quote Bakka
I farm on the steppe. 5 Adamantoise/tortoises there. Just loop anti clockwise coming from valis media:

1st wandering between the lake and titans circle.
2nd is stationary with 3 of those common wolve creatures in a vally just past titans circle.
3rd is a Mark that is activated in sulya springs and is at the bottom of the aforementioned vally; where the gang of adamanchelid normally are.
4th is stationary in the other vally exiting the adamanchielid place.
5th is wandering in the center of the plains not far from the second vally exit.

Every set I take a trip to sulya springs to start mission 63(60k gold nugget for repeatable reward) as well as resetting all adamantoise/tortoise spawns. Never tried or cared for Edenhall personally. Is it easy to respawn the adamantortoise there? How far do you have to go?
Considering I've just managed to defeat 5 adamantoises in an hour, I think it works pretty well!

Basically, you go to Edenhall where the Adamantoise is, and defeat it. You then go to the door north of the adamantoise (where you would go storywise) and exit and re-enter this section of the map. This should refresh the adamantoise, as well as plenty of PSICOM units/behemoths to defeat before facing the adamantoise again.

Author:   oracle_88
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 11:36pm (PST)
A quick post for those wishing to battle the Oretoises of Final Fantasy XIII! Vanille's 'Death' ability is most certainly a possibility however, I personally prefer battling an opponent and knowing for a fact that I will be able to defeat it every single time. Upon reaching the Steppe initially you will have the option of battling 'Adamanchelid', 'Adamantortoise' and 'Adamantoise'. Be aware that later on in the game the two former enemies WILL disappear leaving one 'Adamantoise' along with the formidable 'Shaolong Gui' and 'Long Gui' enemies. Unless your characters are fully developed along with fully developed weapons, you will seriously struggle to defeat these enemies regardless of which point in the game you are. The exception of course being 'Adamanchelid' which is, in essence, a sad excuse of an Oretoise and offers no substantial CP reward or spoils.

When you have successfully defeated the final in-game boss and your Crystarium has expanded to its final level you can begin raising your characters for these essential battles. Regardless of whether you want to or not, battles against these Oretoises are a necessary part of completing the game in its entirety in the sense that it's the fastest way to gain the necessary Gil required in order to upgrade your weapons. I would therefore suggest battling these enemies before attempting the later Hunt Missions so to avoid the inevitable spawning of the more powerful Oretoises - that being 'Shaolong Gui' and 'Long Gui'!

Once your characters have reached Level 5 (possible before but much easier this way) in each of their core disciplines AND you have upgraded at least your main characters weapons - not to max level of course - you should will be able to defeat both the 'Adamantortoise' AND 'Adamantoise' relatively easily. Given that the remaining roles for your characters require substantial sums of CP, this is an excellent way to farm for spoils, CP and in turn, Gil. With such high rewards, your characters will be getting stronger with each passing battle. However, if you are stuck on how to beat the two weaker adversaries, read below.

Team: Fang / Snow / Vanille

At this point, your characters should have enough HP to withstand an attack so you will need to ensure that Fang is in her 'Synergist' role and immediately cast the 'Haste' spell on here. Next summon her Eidolon, Bahamut. This will cause the enemy to fall to its knees and should - if your characters are advanced enough - seal the battle. With Fang now hasted, she can quickly cast 'Bravera' and 'Haste' onto Bahamut before casting 'Bravera' and 'Faithra' on herself. Next switch her into 'Ravager' and attack the fallen Oretoise. It should enter Stagger before the Gestalt gauge falls low after which you will obviously want to press the square button to inflict maximum damage with your Eidolon. Thereafter, your characters will return and you will need to switch to an alternative Paradigm Set - Synergist / Saboteur / Saboteur. Allow both Snow and Vanille to cast debuffs on your opponent whilst Fang buffs your team with 'Haste', 'Bravera' and 'Faithra'. Switch to Relentless Assault (Ravager / Ravager / Ravager) to raise the Stagger Gauge quickly. At this point in the game, do not waste time raising the gauge to 999%. Switch to Cerberus (Commando / Commando / Commando) as soon as possible and attack furiously. The Oretoise SHOULD fall before it stands however, if it does manage to recover, attack it ferociously and hope it falls before it begins its flurry of attacks.

Note that later on in the game you will be able to defeat these two enemies without the need to summon. The strategy of course will be different but it's fun to work one out that suits you. With regards to Weapons and Accessories, I have not listed the ones that my party is equipped with. HP / Strength + / Magic + are all good choices depending on the character in question. The Tortoise Paradigm will prove to be essential when you are battling these enemies without the need of your Eidolon.

Hope this helps

Author:   Brett56
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 9:39pm (PST)
I can't seem to get death to land, I had the same prob with neochu I have marlboro wand and fang is debuffing

Author:   Twistedmcstumpy
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 9:42pm (PST)
I can't seem to get death to work, I have marlboro wand and fang is debuffing but no luck

Author:   esoterikos
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 9:43pm (PST)
Vanille is remarkable erratic. You just have to keep trying with this method. when you have at least one pair of the gloves, then the Fang method, or Lightning is much more reliable.

Author:   Twistedmcstumpy
Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 10:02pm (PST)
I start with all buffs and even when he has all debuffs it never works, and I beat the game so I have pretty high magic and what not

Date:   Jan 08, 12 at 10:24pm (PST)
I had no luck with Vanille on Adamantoises, finally ran back to Neochu and it worked the 2nd time, then I skipped Adamantoise and farmed the Adamantortoises. You don't have to take out the legs first, and you still get the Ingots.

Are you trying for the Treasure Hunter cheev? I still shudder at the memory, lol

Author:   punkyfish
Date:   May 04, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
quote Yilun
Hey guys, seems like I've found a pretty good way to farm the adamantoise even when you're low-level (I just finished chapter 11).

My setup is Vanille Sab as my main, Fang Sab and Sazh Synergist. The paradigm class is called Espionage. It doesn't really matter what HP your characters are at or how strong they are because technically, it won't matter. One stomp from the adamantoise and I'm dead anyways.

I have scarf and sprint shoes on both Fang and Vanille. I have both collector and conn catalog plus sprint shoes on Sazh.

What I do is simply this:
1) Immediately summon with Vanille and it will take out its legs.
2) Immediately dismiss the eidolon by pressing square and calling the final attack
3) After that, just start spamming Death with Vanille. Sazh will make sure that everyone's haste and faith are up.
4) Fang will start debuffing the adamantoise
5) It appears that when the adamantoise is fully buffed (deprotect, defaith, slow, imperil, pain, etc.), the chances of death successfully landing increases by alot.
6) If he stands up, just select retry and do it over again

It doesn't even matter if your characters aren't as powerful as others out there because this doesn't require a single attack except for death and buffing.

The reason why death seems to suck is because if you try to cast it without any buffs on the enemy, it seems to take FOREVER to work. But with the buffs on the fallen adamantoise, the death success rate seems to skyrocket.

I've fought about 20 times, death has worked exactly 12/20 times. My average victory time with death is about 40-50 seconds into the battle.

In the span of the last hour or so, I've gotten 2 platinum ignots and 1 trapz so far. The other 9-10 battles or so that I didn't get any drops, I got 40,000 cp at least. Overall, I think I've earned about 400,000-500,000 cp, 2 platinum ignots (300,000 gil), and 1 trapz (2M gil in value) in the past hour. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Note, my Sab crystal levels are maxed out for Fang and Vanille and I'm using the Bella Wand for Vanille which has improved debuffing.

My friend tried this after I showed him and he also got 1 plat and 1 trapz in around the same timespan, not to mention all the cp you gain as well. Definitely worth some time to invest if you ask me.
:D:D:D:D^_^

Author:   Zack_305
Date:   May 06, 12 at 3:06am (PST)
I've yet to take out those huge Mother******s!!!!! Bastards always kill me before I even get a chance 2 hit it

Date:   May 06, 12 at 6:50am (PST)
quote Zack_305
I've yet to take out those huge Mother******s!!!!! Bastards always kill me before I even get a chance 2 hit it
Have you tried killing the Adamantortoises? They look almost like the Adamantoises, and they still drop ingots, but you don't have to take out the legs first. You can use the ingots to upgrade, then go after the Adamantoises.

Author:   Crazy Dave
Date:   May 09, 12 at 11:15pm (PST)
For players that are utterly overwhelmed by the large Oretoise, Summon and Death is the only way to deal with it.

Here's Death's Mechanism:

- It has 1% base chance to KO
- Additional debuffs on target will give extra 1% base chance
- Imperial boost Death success rate by 2%

- When Adamantoise fell, it is susceptible to 6 Debuffs
- Imperial, Deprotect, Deshell, Curse, Slow and Daze
- Altogether will give Death 8%
- However, Provoke too count as debuff, factoring in extra 1%
- With SAB role level taken into account, Death may/may not hit in 1/10 under given conditions
- It is most recommended to employ Death with SAB SAB SAB / SAB SAB SEN with Fang/Snow/Sazh spam Daze after every Death spam

Unconfirmed Tips

- Vigilance improve success rate of Debuff lands but not sure about Death
- Staggered enemy will have lower resistance to debuffs, however not sure if it further increase Death's success rate as well.

Author:   MikLuvin
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 10:02am (PST)
I just killed one in 10 seconds... Still no drop!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.