Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Noctis Vs Lightning who would win? - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32228/t1310157-noctis-vs-lightning-who-would-win/5.htm

Author:   Shuyu
Date:   Feb 03, 10 at 1:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Noctis Vs Lightning who would win?
-------------------------------------------
In its definition, it's simply a political system. But other than that, I'd say it has very hostile connotations from both past and present.

Unfortunately, Noctis being a prince makes his nation a monarchy and it's typical bullshit standard fare.

Author:   lightningfarron15
Date:   Mar 13, 10 at 4:50am (PST)
quote Tide the Moogle
I believe Noctis would destroy Lightning. Let's see what Noctis can do...

- Teleport.
- Deflect thousands of bullets.
- Has a barrier of swords floating around him.
- Can kill an army of soldiers.

Lightning can...

- Use a gravity thing and propel herself forward/walk on walls.
- Turn her sword into a gun.

So, Noctis can just deflect every single attack Lightning throws at him and simply has to teleport behind her and she's dead. There would be no way Lightning could physically win.

-
First off, RaiRai... Lightning has more than 1 weapon. In the game, Lightning can buy other sorts of weapons to the players choice but mainly she has two. 1. Her gunblade and 2. two massive swords she recieves when she summons Odin's Gestalt Mode.

Which brings us back to who would win. Yeah yeah, Noctis can deflect bullets, teleport, has a barrier of swords, etc.

But Lightning;
She has gravity bomb, has a gun that can turn into a blade, fast agility, use of magic and elements, can create an electrical shield AND can summon an Eidolon. I mean come on, what is Noctis' sword gonna do to Odin? Especially in his Gestalt Mode. NO CHANCE could Noctis win. And even if she didn't have Odin, she could use that abilty she has to slow down her surroundings, including Noctis and kill him with her gunblade.

But eh, to be honest. I think it would be a tie. Both of them would probably end up killing eachother at the same time or something.
Even so, if this answer doesn't satisfy you... then yeah, I am saying Lightning would win. We all have our own opinions.

Author:   Final Fantasy Enthus
Date:   Feb 17, 11 at 10:45am (PST)
Hmmmmmmm, well both are pretty epic but in this situation it would be noctis for a few reasons.

Lightning may have extensive combat training and a gun blade. however Noctis' ability to use his multitude of weapons (its not only swords guys, he has a gun and lances, he can use any weapon) and the ability to move and teleport to those weapons individually is a skill that would be able to overwelm anything lightning could use to win this fight.

Therefore
Noctis

if i were to put it in individual parts

Ability
Noctis, teleportation is better than lightning's abilities

Weaponary
Noctis, lightning may have a gunblade but Noctis has not only a gun and sword but many other weapons too

Combat
Unsure, both seem highly effective in combat but battle skill against each other cannot be determined untill the release of versus

That is how i see it, tho it is only my opinion, i just hope some of you see some sense in what im saying

Author:   duhu1148
Date:   Feb 17, 11 at 6:30pm (PST)
Noctis

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Feb 17, 11 at 8:49pm (PST)
quote duhu1148
Noctis
Wow you sure told us, no way we can argue with that evidence.

Author:   duhu1148
Date:   Feb 17, 11 at 9:13pm (PST)
quote Rabla
quote duhu1148
Noctis
Wow you sure told us, no way we can argue with that evidence.

Well first of all, there isn't "evidence" for it one way or another. This type of thing is subjective anyway. Noctis' game hasn't even come out yet.

I believe he is stronger, since he looks faster and overall more powerful in his trailers. The guy basically takes down a small army and doesn't even get touched.

Author:   Bakka
Date:   Feb 17, 11 at 10:16pm (PST)
I'd put my money on Noctis too. Just a gut inclination tbh though. Probably for the same reasons as duhu, going off the trailers which seem pretty epic but mainly the ambiguity of Versus and Noctis in general.

Author:   Necromancer UK
Date:   Feb 17, 11 at 10:31pm (PST)
wow, you took this thread too seriously.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Feb 18, 11 at 6:27am (PST)
I personally reckon the Agi-Type-0 crew could take them both on any time.

Author:   Crazy Dave
Date:   Feb 18, 11 at 6:39am (PST)
It would be much easier if Noctis and Lightning's ability are compared solely on the FFVXIII trailer and the first demo of FFXIII game.

Noctis can use his ability without obvious sign (slight palm gesture) - 1
Lightning has to snap her finger to execute the ability - 0

Noctis blade can remain hidden from sight and controllable from all angle until it strike - 1
Lightning's gunblade is done if it is either destroyed, snatched or lost in the fight - 0

Noctis can teleport himself to enemy from any unpredictable direction instantly - 1
Lightning can only take down her enemy with Gravity ability when staggered - 0

It is obvious that Lightning's ability is best used after the enemy is staggered while Noctis's ability is best used before the enemy even begin attacks.

Author:   Hoji
Date:   Apr 27, 11 at 6:27am (PST)
This is quite a difficult arguement, but first off i just wanna ask the crowd to stop hating on both of these characters. Each has their own good aspects in combat and weapons. But the fact is Versus XIII isn't even out so their is little info to base his fighting capability. I also am infatuated with lighting, she's just really hot and has got all the right moves. For those bashing on Noctis saying he'd be nothing with his crystal, so would a lot of characters if they didn't have their "weapon". Its part of the story, just like lighting getting her "powers" from becoming pulse l'cie. If not for that she wouldn't have elements would she, and another point is that we do not know the extent in Noctis's traing in combat. I mean he is a prince fated to protect a "whole" city state from the "rest of the world" who wants their crystals. It's like saying what if countries didn't have nukes, well too bad they do, deal with it. I like both quite honostly. Different games, hard to choose.

And honestly can't we just have the two get together have sex and create beautiful world destroying little monsters who inherited the best of both.

Another thing i think lightning is a strong sexy woman, and i think that just because Noctis wears leather does not make the fact that he's a homosexual.

And come on you know you dig the idea of those two together, they'd be absolutely adorable/cute/sexy/deadly and will just cause the end of the world as we know it.

Author:   Kith
Date:   Apr 27, 11 at 3:11pm (PST)
Oh, they would be awesome together. That's probably why they're in two separate games--the world cannot handle it if they weren't.

Author:   Lilaty12
Date:   May 10, 12 at 9:02am (PST)
It would be a tough fight, but i'd have to say lightning. She is the protector of Etro. She wouldnt have been chosen if she couldnt kick ass. Mix it with odin and Noctis has no chance.

Author:   nitecat84
Date:   May 10, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
I vote for lighting as seen on the beginning of FFXIII - 2 when Lighting has been blessed by the goddess of Valhalla she has become something more closer to an immortal. The spells,attacks and even summons she uses is something of a total different level. If i were to say in FFXIII itself Lighting will lose to Noctis but not in FFXIII - 2

Author:   mahin
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
noctis. watch the new gameplay trailer and tell me if thats not badass.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.