Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Can't Find a Bloody Brawl - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1667237-find-bloody-brawl/

Author:   One Question
Date:   Jul 26, 11 at 1:48am (PST)
Subject:   Can't Find a Bloody Brawl
-------------------------------------------
So I've had Brawl for about 7 months, now. I've tried again and again to find a match. It's getting frustrating. I try multiple times a day, with no avail. I've still never played against a real person in my lifetime, so I'm getting 'the itch.' Again, I can spectate a match in one second. But when I get on basic brawl or team match while in the play with anyone mode, I either end up with 'Error Code 85010' or 'Your connection to other players is lost. Returning to the menu.' I try at all different times a day. I've tried finding a match when nobody is on a computer or anything. I can get on the internet with my wii, and my connection says good on both wii and Xbox 360, which I can play Live matches on. I've unplugged my router and plugged back in and tried, nothing. I've heard of people loosing wi-fi connection for a few hours or a few days, but never 7 months.

Author:   The5thAvocado
Date:   Jul 27, 11 at 10:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Can't Find a Bloody Brawl
You don't want to play this game online, trust me.
How can you have never played against a real person? Don't you have friends or something?

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 29, 11 at 11:59pm (PST)
I'd blame Nintendo's server, not yours. Can someone who's played online (I haven't with this game, it broke before I could) confirm this?

I know from other Nintendo games that the wifi servers are horrible.

Author:   Fury
Date:   Jul 30, 11 at 2:11am (PST)
I'm never able to find matches either. Mario Kart Wii finds matches just fine within a few seconds and has no lag. However, with Brawl, out of the 10 or so times I've tried finding matches, it worked twice and the lag was just unbearable on both occasions.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 30, 11 at 5:41pm (PST)
Nintendo gave this game pretty terrible servers so it's not surprise you can't find a Brawl online.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Aug 06, 11 at 5:52am (PST)
Not finding matches is a common problem people have with the game. It can take a while sometimes, even for me, even though the game doesn't lag much for me.

Author:   Turkagent
Date:   Oct 02, 11 at 3:51pm (PST)
Everytime I have tried to play this online I have either not been able to find a match or gotten terrible lag. It really is too bad, I always did want to try my skills against other people since I seem to crush my friends. C'est la vie.

Author:   SandStone
Date:   Oct 02, 11 at 4:58pm (PST)
quote The5thAvacado
You don't want to play this game online, trust me.
How can you have never played against a real person? Don't you have friends or something?
Yeah some people don't.
So we really had to rely on its online feature to find other players to go up against.

@ One Question- Just use ethernet cables and don't rely on its wifi. Might slightly help you find games.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 12:13am (PST)
Looks like this a job for...

A social life!

Author:   FoneBoneFan15
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 5:30pm (PST)
On my Wii, the internet for my Super Smash Brawl is slow. Looks like the game doesn't want me to play online Wi-Fi matches.

Author:   Kate18
Date:   Jan 26, 14 at 2:49am (PST)
actually….same with me! i need help! my internet is fine and in other mario games (cuz i almost have them all) internet works perfectly and without lag. in super smash bros idk why but i can't fid not even 1 person to play with! i have a friend in friend roster but after all he isn't online all time. Can anyone help me at least find someone!!!! there aren't any ppl playing wifi!?!?!? -.- i need help. thx for anyone that helps ^.^

Author:   Jayden alder
Date:   Feb 26, 14 at 3:08pm (PST)
quote One Question
So I've had Brawl for about 7 months, now. I've tried again and again to find a match. It's getting frustrating. I try multiple times a day, with no avail. I've still never played against a real person in my lifetime, so I'm getting 'the itch.' Again, I can spectate a match in one second. But when I get on basic brawl or team match while in the play with anyone mode, I either end up with 'Error Code 85010' or 'Your connection to other players is lost. Returning to the menu.' I try at all different times a day. I've tried finding a match when nobody is on a computer or anything. I can get on the internet with my wii, and my connection says good on both wii and Xbox 360, which I can play Live matches on. I've unplugged my router and plugged back in and tried, nothing. I've heard of people loosing wi-fi connection for a few hours or a few days, but never 7 months.

Author:   The5thAvocado
Date:   Feb 27, 14 at 3:00pm (PST)
I just thought this would be a fitting place to post: RIP Brawl online. Although you were horrible and nobody played you and those who did ended up hanging themselves, you will be missed.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.