Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderators Corner - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1384737-moderators-corner/5.htm

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jul 03, 09 at 5:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderators Corner
-------------------------------------------
quote Gotenks
A lot of people do follow the rules and they do try to keep others following the rules. But you're not going to be able to stop everyone.
That's all too true in any type of society, so I suppose it can't be helped. Let's all just do our best.

Author:   Chris
Date:   Jul 03, 09 at 7:08pm (PST)
If there are threads that are full of spam, you can always click on the report problem which notifies Gotenks of the thread and he can take a look at it later on.
If someone is a bit lost, take a bit of time just to point them in the right direction.

Author:   LinKing12
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 2:57am (PST)
Another question, Mr. Moderator...

Perhaps I am not understanding the joke, but is it true that you cannot post pics in the GDs? Or is there a specific manner to post them or a limit on the number of pics per post?

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 3:00am (PST)
No you just can't abuse them.

Like Infel used to use emotions for every line he posted(it was annoying but my opinion but thats not important) and it got him in trouble in crews as well.

Author:   Amethyst
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 3:05am (PST)
quote ShortMan
If there are threads that are full of spam, you can always click on the report problem which notifies Gotenks of the thread and he can take a look at it later on.
So, that means I should click report on the first page of every GD?

Now, to be fair, I haven't been following them a lot lately (who could), but are we seriously going through one every day? Not to mention the fact the last one hit 45 pages.

I'm really wondering if we need to start limiting the GD again. I know, I know, they all get deleted, but it's just... ugh. I dunno, I don't like them.

Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 3:11am (PST)
quote ShortMan

If someone is a bit lost, take a bit of time just to point them in the right direction.

Of course, because lately I've been seeing many newcomers who don't know much about navigating forums who you can find bumping 5 year-old threads asking how to quote messages.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 4:57am (PST)
quote Amethyst
Now, to be fair, I haven't been following them a lot lately (who could), but are we seriously going through one every day? Not to mention the fact the last one hit 45 pages.

I'm really wondering if we need to start limiting the GD again. I know, I know, they all get deleted, but it's just... ugh. I dunno, I don't like them.
It's also summer. You have to remember that. Since almost everyone is out of school for summer, a lot of them have a lot more time to be on the forums. I noticed at the end of June that the PPD of the forum went from low 200s to 400s very quickly and the General Discussion has picked up a lot of activity were it is being finished in a day.

And the recent one did hit 45 pages but it also wasn't spam. I read through the whole thread. Though some of it is mainly between a few people but the GD is for talking about things that is not related to Brawl. Though imo, there is a lot of BlazBlue discussion in the GDs. And in the past 4 or so which could easily go into the BlazBlue forum. I know Anton is trying to get people to go to the BlazBlue forum to get that forum active and maybe a lot of it should be there. But a lot of people post it in the GD as they're use to this community.

It is hard to follow them but once again it is summer so people are around a lot more and want to talk to others about a bunch of things.

A limit on the GDs I don't think is necessary as of yet unless it gets really out of control. Which is has not.

Still nice to hear your thoughts about it though and if you have more then reply back. ^^

quote DXD
Of course, because lately I've been seeing many newcomers who don't know much about navigating forums who you can find bumping 5 year-old threads asking how to quote messages.
Well that's just it. They are new members to the site so they aren't accustomed to Neoseekers policies and as members who have been around for a while, it would be nice if you could help them out.

Author:   Amethyst
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 7:38pm (PST)
I did figure that the summer thing was a big factor. I didn't think it would have jumped all that much though, shows I was wrong.

But if it wasn't spam, then I suppose it's all good. I had figured a lot of it was, but it's mostly due to me seeing the same people posting over and over again. And there has been that whole 'support the BlazBlue forum' thing going on, but eh.

I suppose it's not as far out of hand as I thought, but that was just from a quick glance. If it's all good by your call, then no big. It just seemed like there was sooo much going on in one day that I didn't see how it could possibly have been meaningful discussion. Maybe I should try and slave through it one of these days.

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Jul 10, 09 at 8:26pm (PST)
I can kind of see where you're coming from, it's just like most of the topics aren't something I can relate to, or join in on the spot kind of thing. Also, the fact that they drone on about the same thing for several pages kind of irritates me, but it's not like they're doing something that's necessarily bad or against the rules. >_>

Date:   Jul 12, 09 at 6:12am (PST)
quote Gotenks
Well that's just it. They are new members to the site so they aren't accustomed to Neoseekers policies and as members who have been around for a while, it would be nice if you could help them out.
I already knew that, I just didn't happen to mention it.

Author:   Neo Master
Date:   Aug 02, 09 at 7:25am (PST)
The Dave's header has been up for a while. I think you should put mine back up.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 02, 09 at 7:30am (PST)
I don't even have a link to your header lol

Plus no one has complained about the header and the header looks pretty nice as it is.

Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 3:15am (PST)
quote Gotenks
Plus no one has complained about the header and the header looks pretty nice as it is.
My thoughts exactly. But then again, change is never a bad thing.

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 3:46am (PST)
Really, The Dave's is as good as we're gonna get. If we have another contest, I'm pretty sure that his will win again. :/

Author:   Reprimand
Date:   Aug 09, 09 at 1:41am (PST)
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew why my post count stopped working...

I haven't spammed or flamed at all!

Pm if you find an answer!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.