Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderators Corner - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1384737-moderators-corner/4.htm

Author:   Chris
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 5:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderators Corner
-------------------------------------------
My chance? I don't know. Like I said, its brad's decision in the end.
And becoming a moderator does come with responsibilities so you have to be mature and responsible for your forum.

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 5:50pm (PST)
Just putting my opinion in, Chris (ShortMan) not only has experience in the past as a moderator but he also one of the most mature members I know on Neoseeker. He's been extremely helpful, but also kind, in all the forums I have seen him in, plus he's also very active on Neoseeker as a whole.

If you do decide to get a new moderator Gotenks, Chris would make a great choice! [:

Author:   Amethyst
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 7:34pm (PST)
To be honest, I don't feel we need one all the same. It's just that things get out of hand when you're busy, and that's rare most of the time.

There isn't as much traffic around here as there used to be, face it. It's only the off chance that people spring up and cause trouble on a day he's side tracked.

I think he's got it all under control, really.

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 7:44pm (PST)
Yes, Brad is doing a fine enough job as it is. He gets everything cleared up within a day or so, so it's not like the members can't control themselves when a troll walks in.

The only reason I would think members would want an extra mod is to see who would be good enough to be become one, not necessarily because they care if we need one.

Author:   Cloud9157
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 7:47pm (PST)
If we don't need one, we simply don't need one. It all depends on the voice of the community and Brad himself. If he feels like he is fine, then forget it.

This isn't a popularity contest and shouldn't be treated or taken as one.

Author:   stabbedbyahippie
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 8:13pm (PST)
If we do get another mod it should probably be someone who actually posts here frequently.

'sup Seph.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 28, 09 at 11:03pm (PST)
quote SSBB Crazy
Just putting my opinion in, Chris (ShortMan) not only has experience in the past as a moderator but he also one of the most mature members I know on Neoseeker. He's been extremely helpful, but also kind, in all the forums I have seen him in, plus he's also very active on Neoseeker as a whole.
*Knows he was a mod in the past*

He modded under my section and we use to talk a lot through PM. Though we never talk much anymore. >=[

quote Amethyst
To be honest, I don't feel we need one all the same. It's just that things get out of hand when you're busy, and that's rare most of the time.
Yup. And I'm bring my laptop with me around more too. So I'm able to get on. Hence why I'm on now. At a friends but he's using his computer so I'm on mine.

quote Amethyst
There isn't as much traffic around here as there used to be, face it. It's only the off chance that people spring up and cause trouble on a day he's side tracked.
330+ PPD is a bit more than usual. But it comes as expected since it's the start of summer so there is gonna be more activity in the forum. Still nothing I haven't dealt with in the past.

quote Onocron
Yes, Brad is doing a fine enough job as it is. He gets everything cleared up within a day or so, so it's not like the members can't control themselves when a troll walks in.
Plus, I'm sure if there was something that needed immediate attention, there will be a member in the forum that knows to contact a Super and deal with it while I'm away. Plus if I know I'm gonna be busy, I have a few Supers look over the forum as well as some of my friends who know to contact Supers or try and keep things in order.

quote Cloud9157
If we don't need one, we simply don't need one. It all depends on the voice of the community and Brad himself. If he feels like he is fine, then forget it.
I'm more than capable of managing this forum by myself. It's an easy task after 3 years. Get into a usual routine, know who posts in the forum and know what actions are needed for stuff. It's not that hard. Just that, if my life gets busy this summer then it would be nice for help. Which I could always just get a temp mod in here like I did with Aether last year when my laptop was broken.

quote Cloud9157
This isn't a popularity contest and shouldn't be treated or taken as one.
Agreed.

Author:   LinKing12
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 2:56am (PST)
quote Slicer
New as in to the forum,or new as in they haven't been a Moderator before?
quote LinKing12
I think it's interesting reading the banter about who should be the new mod. And I can appreciate Mr. Gotenks' consideration of the community's opinion. I know that I have not been here very long, but since I believe I am part of the community (in good or bad standing), I think a good moderator would be someone new (as far as not having been a moderator before). I think it would be a great opportunity for that person to learn from anothere excellent moderator. Plus, although new guys tend to be a bit nicer at first, they definitely push their weight around once they come into their own. I don't think that the troll/spam thing is such an emergency that immediate action/banning must be taken asap. Why not open it up for someone new to take up the reigns? Even if that person is not well-liked, that would be all the more reason for him/her to be strict. It would also keep members from taking the liberties that they might otherwise take advantage of with a moderator that they know better (in assuming that the moderator will favor them).

Anyway, that's my opinion on the matter. I know I haven't been the most reputable member, but I do try to input some type of real stuff from time to time in my posts.

Author:   Slicer
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 3:01am (PST)
That would aply to most of us here
bu I agree with Onocron,if we don't need a new Mod,then we don't need one

Author:   Chris
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 3:35pm (PST)

quote Slicer
Look, when Brad thinks or if he thinks that he needs an extra pair of hands to share the workload, he will mention it and reccomend somebody to a Supermod. It is his decision and I'm pretty sure that if he does choose to get a co-moderator, a lot of us here will be happy with it after seeing the positive response to such a small sentence.

quote Gotenks
He modded under my section and we use to talk a lot through PM. Though we never talk much anymore. >=[
That was very fun and to be honest with you, I regret demoting as the forum still gets quite a bit of activity now and everyone there was so nice.

Don't worry Brad, I still love you, in a manly kind of way...

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 6:33pm (PST)
quote Slicer

As long as everyone complies with the rules as they're supposed to, there shouldn't be any need for further assistance.

Author:   LinKing12
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 6:58pm (PST)
But we all know that's not going to happen, so the point still remains that it is ultimately up to Mr. Moderator to decide.

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 7:19pm (PST)
quote LinKing12
But we all know that's not going to happen, so the point still remains that it is ultimately up to Mr. Moderator to decide.
I know, rules were made to be broken(as sad as that is).

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 8:00pm (PST)

quote Gotenks
I'm more than capable of managing this forum by myself.
Subject closed, guys. :L

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 29, 09 at 8:28pm (PST)
quote DXD
quote Slicer

As long as everyone complies with the rules as they're supposed to, there shouldn't be any need for further assistance.

A lot of people do follow the rules and they do try to keep others following the rules. But you're not going to be able to stop everyone.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.