Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderators Corner - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1384737-moderators-corner/17.htm

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 26, 10 at 4:50am (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderators Corner
-------------------------------------------
I'll take a look into it. I know a while back I did clean it out a bit but never got around to all of it. I'll have to do another round soon.

Author:   Agua
Date:   Sep 28, 10 at 2:44am (PST)
is it just me or does the second image in the header not loading?
the introductions ones, all i see is a red x

Date:   Oct 01, 10 at 11:04pm (PST)
I've cut the cheats down from like 250 to 145. I'm not done yet as I know there is more editing but it is being worked on!

And for the Intro button, it's not hosted on the same thing as the others so it does go down. I'll change it whenever it comes back.

Author:   Agua
Date:   Oct 02, 10 at 5:30am (PST)
quote Gotenks
I've cut the cheats down from like 250 to 145. I'm not done yet as I know there is more editing but it is being worked on!

And for the Intro button, it's not hosted on the same thing as the others so it does go down. I'll change it whenever it comes back.

Cheers

i'm not from the UK, but that is still a classy phrase.

Author:   Cloud9157
Date:   Oct 03, 10 at 3:46am (PST)
Brad is now my god for stopping these vs's threads. Good shit Brad.

Date:   Oct 03, 10 at 6:18am (PST)
I was thinking last night that I forgot to do something and then I looked in this forum and remembered. But if any vs threads pop up, be nice and link them.

Author:   Cloud9157
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 9:37pm (PST)
I think it would be wise to keep bumping it if it falls off the first/second page. People don't use the search option sometimes.

Date:   Oct 05, 10 at 3:52am (PST)
Nah. I'll add it to the Index too. If anyone makes a separate vs. thread then we can link to the official thread.

Author:   Steven
Date:   Nov 01, 10 at 9:51am (PST)
Hey Gotenks, what about a Caption Contest? The one in the GMB is going pretty well, and Brawl's got even more opportunities for funny pictures.

Date:   Nov 01, 10 at 3:29pm (PST)
I'd be fine with a revival of the Caption Contest. The old one died out back in June and it made it to 4 threads. Maybe keep the rules similar if you decide to run it. If not, I can always run it.

Old thread can be found here.

Date:   Nov 01, 10 at 4:17pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
I'd be fine with a revival of the Caption Contest. The old one died out back in June and it made it to 4 threads. Maybe keep the rules similar if you decide to run it. If not, I can always run it.

Old thread can be found here.

I looked over it, but I think it would work better if we did it like in the GMB, with the winner posting the next pic/judging. That way everyone gets a chance to enter.

Also, something similar to Killer on the Loose- oh wait, there's already a GD

Date:   Nov 02, 10 at 2:02am (PST)
We can make modifications to the rules for the Caption Contest.

And that's a no.

Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 5:24pm (PST)
Sorry I took so long to reply, I forgot about this >.<

I think a Brawl version of KotL could be good: it has 38 playable characters, 10 bosses and a lot of generic enemies; there's a few reasonably active members here; and the spam and general off-topicness would be kept to a minimum.

So is the Caption Contest going ahead then, like the one in the GMB?

Author:   Spartan_Kirb_4
Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 7:07pm (PST)
Yes I agree I think we should use the General Mario Bros Rules! It would work great!

Date:   Nov 05, 10 at 10:19pm (PST)
quote St3v3n8r
Sorry I took so long to reply, I forgot about this >.<

I think a Brawl version of KotL could be good: it has 38 playable characters, 10 bosses and a lot of generic enemies; there's a few reasonably active members here; and the spam and general off-topicness would be kept to a minimum.

So is the Caption Contest going ahead then, like the one in the GMB?

KotL is not gonna happen here. You can blame yourself and fellow GMB KotL participants for that one. You can say it would be kept to a minimum but you can't guarantee that. Plus with the numerous warnings I gave in the GMB one about spamming, it would result in the same here and end up being shut down. Be happy the one in GMB is still going.

If we revive the Caption Contest(and not by a spam bump), then I want to incorporate the GMB rules and the ones we have here. The Caption Contest did much better in this forum than it has in GMB as of right now so the rules did work. But having a few changes would be good as well.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.