Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderators Corner - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1384737-moderators-corner/

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:49am (PST)
Subject:   Moderators Corner
-------------------------------------------
[Previous Thread]

The Mod Corner has been established for two reasons:

• For members to provide requests, feedback and suggestions with regards to the operation of the forum itself, and
  • For the moderators to announce any changes made to the forum.

Please keep off-topic banter to an absolute minimum.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:50am (PST)
    Subject:   re: Moderators Corner
    As well we're continuing what was being discussed in the last thread from page 28-30.

Many good points were brought up and all. I'd like to see that continue.

For those who may be to lazy to look back. This is what started the current discussion:

quote Gotenks
    Alright, so as most of you probably already know, there has been an increase of trolls in this forum and more flame wars had been popping up and all because of it.

And I haven't been around as much to be able to take quicker action. There is some of you who do help me out by trying to stop it or reporting posts or not taking part in general. That does help a lot for me anyways.

And for those who take part in the flame wars or who are the trolls...well you know who you are and you're the ones getting warnings and bans from me. It's your own fault for receiving these things, not mine. If you could learn to argue without insulting the other person then you wouldn't be getting in trouble in the first place.

As well there has been an increase in spam in the forums as well. Partially due to it now being summer and more people are out so they have more time on their hands. As well Neoseeker is a growing community, so there is new members flooding in everyday and a lot of them don't know the rules that this site has in place. And they rules they know, are different from ours.

I am tired of seeing these flame wars and spam. A lot of these things could be taken care of easier if I was around more often this week. But with getting more hours for work this week as well as having to study for a math test for college, it's been difficult for me to get online here and stop the nonsense. A lot of the flame war in the Dark Spamus thread could of been prevented if I was around or if some of the mature members of this forum tried to stop it instead of take part in it.

Some of you may be saying to yourself "Well Tenks, if you're busy then why not get another Moderator in here?" And that is a good question and I have been thinking about it for weeks. And to be honest it looks like something I may need to do. Having help in this forum when I'm not around could solve problems quicker and deal with troublemakers quicker. But it's also something I still need to keep thinking about and see what happens. This past week has definitely made me think that I might need to get an extra pair of hands in this forum. But we'll see what will happen from here.

As of right now, a few people were banned from yesterdays mess. And I'm keeping close eye on. So if I do see more then I will be sending you off as well.

Anyways, needed to address this issue. Any questions, concerns or feedback, feel free to leave a message. I'll reply back as soon as I can!

Author:   Chris
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:52am (PST)
    Nice dancing padlock Brad. I like it.

Author:   stabbedbyahippie
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:55am (PST)
    Seph should be a moderator.

I'm 100% serious.

He is always online, has nothing to do during the day(lol), and is a trusted oldie who is respected by the entire board. <3

Author:   Cloud9157
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:57am (PST)
    I respect Seph overall, but we have to admit that he trolls when trolling isn't needed. >.>

Author:   McClubbin
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 7:58am (PST)
    Perhaps you can ask Barmy or Slang to fill in for a bit. Or even Akira.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 8:01am (PST)
    No @ Barmy... That guy would make people cry. =\

But in all seriousness, he would do good. Would really make a good impression on people.

Author:   McClubbin
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 8:07am (PST)
    While Barmy might come off as a bit harsh, judging by Gotenks' "state of the forum" message maybe a little disciplining could help this place out a bit.

Author:   Menkoy
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 8:09am (PST)
    I'd love to see Seph as a mod tbh. He'd know what he's doing and do it well.

Author:   TDL12344
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 8:12am (PST)
    Seph could do it, tbh. Seph is one of the smartest people here and he could definitely do it well.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 8:13am (PST)
    Barmy is a good choice. Beating trolls and spammers at their own game is something he could easily do.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 8:13am (PST)
    Barmy use to moderate this forum in the past anyways. So I'm sure some of the old members here remember him well.

I don't know yet. I have a few people in mind if I decide to get some help in here for a bit.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 10:15am (PST)
    It would be good to choose someone who has moderating experience as they are pretty familiar with the system.

Although a new face to the forum's moderation team would be great to see. They would have to be someone mature and helpful though.

Author:   Military G
    Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 11:04am (PST)
    I think that Seph,or Artsy should be moderator because they is always has positive remarks.

Date:   Jun 27, 09 at 11:06am (PST)
    They is always?

I'm sure Brad appreciates your opinions. he said that he has got a few people in mind so we will just have to wait and see.

• Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.