Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best Star Fox character? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1347647-best-star-fox-character/

Author:   Mousie Munch
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 8:23pm (PST)
Subject:   Best Star Fox character?
-------------------------------------------
Okay, so I just unlocked Wolf. I've found out that all Star Fox character have the same move set.
What's the difference? Which one is the best?

Author:   AlMoStLeGeNdArY
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 9:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Best Star Fox character?
falco is the best. his lasers are better than fox and wolfs. he has chain grab to spike. his forward b is better. his down b is better. falco is pretty much better overall than the other SF characters.

Author:   Jameson user
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 9:00pm (PST)
Alright, there are a few obvious differences in each character.

Fox and Falco's dair is different to each other. Fox has a weak meteor smash for each hit while Falco's is a potent spike if hit correctly. Wolf's is a spike if his hands connect with the opponent.
Wolf has a different trajectory in his side-B as opposed to Fox and Falco. It rises upwards as opposed to parallel to the ground. In addition, it is somewhat slower in its start-up time. Used correctly, it is a powerful spike as well as a heavy hitting attack. Falco can spike too I think, but isn't a heavy hit.
Wolf inflicts no burn damage when his Up-B connects with his opponents as opposed to Fox or Falco. His blaster isn't as spammable either; it's slow and single shot until you press the B-button again. But if hit with the bayonet at the end of the gun, there is additional damage too. When two Wolfs' blaster shots hit each other, they simply slide past without canceling each other out.

That's pretty much all I know because I don't play those characters.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 9:50pm (PST)
Falco is the best of the three. Fox and Wolf have just steadily been getting worse as time goes on and people learn...

In a nutshell, he can handle himself at practically any distance and has too many stupid tricks up his sleeve. However, he's got his share of hard match-ups, mainly Meta Knight, Snake, Marth, and Pikachu.

Author:   falcowned992
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 11:17pm (PST)
Best Star Fox character was Falco back in my days, and Wolf was second. Though things might have changed since I've been gone...

Author:   Zumma
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 11:31pm (PST)
quote falcowned992
Best Star Fox character was Falco back in my days, and Wolf was second. Though things might have changed since I've been gone...
That's how it still goes.

Falco pwns, being 3rd on teh almighty queer list.

Author:   BrawL
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 11:44pm (PST)
quote WiseLugia
Falco is the best of the three. Fox and Wolf have just steadily been getting worse as time goes on and people learn...

In a nutshell, he can handle himself at practically any distance and has too many stupid tricks up his sleeve. However, he's got his share of hard match-ups, mainly Meta Knight, Snake, Marth, and Pikachu.
Kirby, Pika, and GaW are his worst matchups if I'm correct.

Author:   Slepten
Date:   Apr 12, 09 at 11:47pm (PST)
and marth

falco is best

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 2:26am (PST)
Wolf, Falco, then Fox. I'm not going by tiers or whatever, just my favorite. Wolf is one of my favorite new characters in this game.

Author:   ownedbyasmartbomb
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 9:48am (PST)
quote Jameson user
Alright, there are a few obvious differences in each character.

Fox and Falco's dair is different to each other. Fox has a weak meteor smash for each hit while Falco's is a potent spike if hit correctly. Wolf's is a spike if his hands connect with the opponent.
Wolf has a different trajectory in his side-B as opposed to Fox and Falco. It rises upwards as opposed to parallel to the ground. In addition, it is somewhat slower in its start-up time. Used correctly, it is a powerful spike as well as a heavy hitting attack. Falco can spike too I think, but isn't a heavy hit.
Wolf inflicts no burn damage when his Up-B connects with his opponents as opposed to Fox or Falco. His blaster isn't as spammable either; it's slow and single shot until you press the B-button again. But if hit with the bayonet at the end of the gun, there is additional damage too. When two Wolfs' blaster shots hit each other, they simply slide past without canceling each other out.

Don't forget to mention that Falco has flinch on his blaster, while Fox doesn't.
That's pretty much all I know because I don't play those characters.

For fsmash, Fox throws himself into a kick, Falco throws his fists in a vacuum attack, and Wolf does a two hit attack similar to Sheik.
Wolf has the biggest difference to everyone else, with clawz. Claws give him much more range than kick, punches and wings.
Fox and Falco have infinite jabs, Fox with kicks and Falco with a 360 turning attack. Wolf has a 3-hit combo.
Most of Fox and Falco's grabs include blasters, while Wolf uses his claws.
Fox's shine (reflector) does damage on the opening, Falco throws for better damage but slightly hard to use as a reflector, and Wolf's does no damage, but stuns the opponent.
I could give you more, but you get the idea. Wolf - even though he has similar specials - does not have the same moveset. Refer to Mario & Luigi.
Falco has the same moveset as Fox (mostly) but is much better in the air, and the famous CG.

Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 1:29pm (PST)
quote Zumma
quote falcowned992
That's how it still goes.

Falco pwns, being 3rd on teh almighty queer list.

When did he jump d3?

Author:   ownedbyasmartbomb
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 1:53pm (PST)
Since now.

Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 2:25pm (PST)
wow I always thought d3 was higher. falco may drop though.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 2:29pm (PST)
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

D3 was higher on the previous (rushed) list.

Date:   Apr 13, 09 at 3:56pm (PST)
he'll drop Marth will go up and so will d3. It will be Mk snake d3 marth falco diddy wario pikachu.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.