Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: SBR Tier List Ver. 1 Thread. 5 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1283836-sbr-tier-list-ver-1-thread-5/

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 8:02am (PST)
Subject:   SBR Tier List Ver. 1 Thread. 5
-------------------------------------------
I would advise everyone to read through the whole post and not just skim to were the tier list is located.

Rules in this thread:

No Flaming-If some one says something about a characters place or makes a stupid argument then do not insult them or flam them. You get one warning from it then you take a 5 day ban on the next one.

No "Tiers are 4 Queers" or any other variation on that. It's fine if you say "This tier list sucks" but keep other comments out unless you want to explain why you think so. Any "Tiers are 4 Queers" nonsense will be deleted and you will as well get one warning and then a 5 day ban for the next one.

I will be the only one to create the Tier List threads. So if you see some one else make it then don't reply to it or tell them that the next one will be made by myself.

Debates and Arguments are welcomed in this thread but I don't want to see you break either rules above or any of the other Neoseeker rules that we have. I will be a lot stricter in this thread than others because of the subject.

With that all being said. Onto the tier list, please read the points that are made above the list as well.

quote M3D
After a full spring and summer of competition, the SBR felt as though it was time to take the first stab at a tier list for Brawl. Before I post it, let me remind you all of a few important things:

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

And without further ado, I present to you the official SBR Brawl Tier List (v1.0):

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon
Important Thread:
Tier List Discussion

Past Threads
[Thread #1][Thread #2][Thread 3][Thread 4

Author:   Menkoy
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 4:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: SBR Tier List Ver. 1 Thread. 5
Do we have any clue as to when Version 2 of the tier list is coming out?

Author:   stabbedbyahippie
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:06pm (PST)
quote Menkoy
Do we have any clue as to when Version 2 of the tier list is coming out?

Dunno.

The SBR are lazy bastards busy people after all.

Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:13pm (PST)
Lol. I really want to see how Boozer does without Gimpyfish rep, and if TL and Oli are getting more rep or not. I've been noticing more Olimars on smashboards lately >>

Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:15pm (PST)
quote Menkoy
Lol. I really want to see how Boozer does without Gimpyfish rep, and if TL and Oli are getting more rep or not. I've been noticing more Olimars on smashboards lately >>

Peach is going up, Boozer is going down.

TL still doesn't have much rep and I'm not sure about oli.

Oh and gimpy uses sheik in tourneys.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:20pm (PST)
The way Diddy Kong and Olimar have to play makes me sick.

Blah.

Author:   Cloud9157
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:36pm (PST)
quote WiseLugia

Blah.
Just cause you're a nub.

Sheik probably won't get anywhere. Mid Mid if he's lucky. Even with Gimpy reping him, Sheik still has a lot of flaws. =\

I hope Oli can go up. Only downsides to him are bad recovery and easy to KO. His range and grab game is still great. Oli needs more of teh reping.

Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:38pm (PST)
No, I'd just rather not roll around like an idiot or sit in place spamming smashes. :x

Author:   Slepten
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:39pm (PST)
quote Cloud9157
quote WiseLugia

Blah.
Just cause you're a nub.

Sheik probably won't get anywhere. Mid Mid if he's lucky. Even with Gimpy reping him, Sheik still has a lot of flaws. =\

I hope Oli can go up. Only downsides to him are bad recovery and easy to KO. His range and grab game is still great. Oli needs more of teh reping.
A LOT OF flaws
he should go right under falcon there

Author:   Cloud9157
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:44pm (PST)
Let's not get carried away there Slep.

Speking of Slep, should Wolf maybe get moved up a few spots? Another one of those characters I can hardly remember are in Brawl, but he seems decent enough to be moved.

Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 5:54pm (PST)
Wolf has no real reason to be moved up.

Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 6:01pm (PST)
Well WL, that's why you go CRAZY OFFENSIVE OLIMAR.

Crazy Offensive Olimar involves approaching one time with a Fair

no but really, you just have to throw in some good offense. Approaching once in a while makes it less monotonous, or you could just go completely offensive for the heck of it. Oli actually has some decent approaches >>

Author:   Slepten
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 6:15pm (PST)
quote Cloud9157
Let's not get carried away there Slep.

Speking of Slep, should Wolf maybe get moved up a few spots? Another one of those characters I can hardly remember are in Brawl, but he seems decent enough to be moved.
carried away?
WUT???

and no wolf is pretty bad
he is fine where he is

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 6:19pm (PST)
Wolf's good at high tier, needs not to go any further.

Link needs to move up. D:

Date:   Dec 22, 08 at 6:34pm (PST)
Look at his piss poor recovery (along with his 9000 other flaws), then say that again with a straight face.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.