Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: "WARNING!! PHAZON LEAK!!!" - An In-depth Samus Guide - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1184270-warning-phazon-leak-an-in-depth-samus-guide/2.htm

Author:   sixthsense
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 2:07am (PST)
Subject:   "Behind The Visor" - An In-depth Samus Guide
-------------------------------------------
May want to note the fact that in the Ganondorf match-up, Dair is almost completely useless. Ganon's u-air should be able to out prioritize it.

Author:   vorak
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 3:01am (PST)
Subject:   re: "Behind The Visor" - An In-depth Samus Guide
Thanks for this good nice guide! I'm not really good with Samus. This will really help!

Author:   Kilik 64
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 3:16am (PST)
I don't really see an explanation of what you do when the enemy is up close. Because camp whoring is kinda a distance ability.

Author:   Sephiroth25
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 3:47am (PST)
Subject:   re: "WARNING!! PHAZON LEAK!!!" - An In-depth Samus Guide
I don't have anything against people making guides (considering I have one in the works) but what's up with the excessive praise for shitty characters?

I feel as though this guide was made mainly from a Samus fan rather than a Samus player.

Author:   Archiie_Barrett
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 5:54am (PST)
I hate to be the one to say this... usually i'm mr. positive.... but..... This guide needs major work. Its what seph said..

quote Sephiroth25
I feel as though this guide was made mainly from a Samus fan rather than a Samus player.
Nothing seems right.

Samus is a powerful up close fighter, her ranged attacks are to help her shortcomings in speed and small damaging moves. Ur right her aerial game is important, but it seems ur methods of using her are some id use against low level CPUs.

Your matchup section is bad too.

I say this though, don't worry if people say samus sucks, even though she does this time around, it don't matter. She deserves a guide too and you can play with whomever you like.

Author:   Kenshuma
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 8:13am (PST)
I went straight to the Pit matchup section and stopped reading after I saw good reach

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 2:10pm (PST)
quote Kenshuma
I went straight to the Pit matchup section and stopped reading after I saw good reach
QFT

quote dwg14390
Last Comments:
Samus is a great character that's a heavyweight with excellent recovery and easy to control. Many people underestimate her abilities and refuse to use her and only use her zero form. She's always been one of the least popular, or used characters and has always been misunderstood. Here's hoping that this guide will help you understand Samus more and maybe even pick her up as your next main!!

This message was edited by dwg14390 on Jun 30 2008.
BWAHAHAHA...

This message was edited by kratos2112 on Jul 01 2008.

Author:   Grime
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 2:14pm (PST)
THANKYOUU!!

samus used to be my best character in melee, but she totally changed in brawl and i got really bad, hopefully this guide will let me get my game back with samus.

Author:   ALLSTAR41
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 5:03pm (PST)
i think its a good guide, yea it may be that the author who made this has a favor towards samus, but he still provides information on how to use the character as well. Anyone is entitles to their own guide and opinion.

and if u wanna fight a good samus send me a pm

Author:   dwg14390
Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 5:13pm (PST)
quote kratos2112
quote Kenshuma
QFT

quote dwg14390
Last Comments:
Samus is a great character that's a heavyweight with excellent recovery and easy to control. Many people underestimate her abilities and refuse to use her and only use her zero form. She's always been one of the least popular, or used characters and has always been misunderstood. Here's hoping that this guide will help you understand Samus more and maybe even pick her up as your next main!!

This message was edited by dwg14390 on Jun 30 2008.
BWAHAHAHA...

This message was edited by kratos2112 on Jul 01 2008.
compared to ganon and bowser and other heavyweight samus who is also a heavyweight has a really good recovery. Bomb jumping gives her horizantal distance, and screw attack gives her vertical, she also has an optional tether aswell.

Date:   Jul 01, 08 at 6:43pm (PST)
This guide does show some nice tricks, but it doesn't explain how to fight when you aren't spamming projectiles. You only have one scenario (approaching) and its basically just saying to spam projectiles and then get close while they're busy. What do I do then?

Date:   Jul 04, 08 at 10:32pm (PST)
okay I reconsidered, since I was leaving soon I did rush on the guide assuming there be no time.

I've taken a look on some of your comments and I changed the guide, I changed some stuff aswell as added more to it.

I hope it's better know. Though I won't be able to change it again until august 2 and I didn't want to leave it like this.

So I hope it would do well till then.

Date:   Aug 08, 08 at 9:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: "WARNING, PHAZON LEAK!!!" - An In-depth Samus Guide
well I bumped this thread since god knows nobody will remember it.

I changed alot and added more stuff.

I learned alot since I wrote this thread so here is the new version.

Date:   Aug 08, 08 at 10:26pm (PST)
A lot of the stuff in the melee combat section is unnecessary. Much of it talks about the usefulness of each move, which can and should be done when you fist introduce the move in the matchup section. The melee combat section should be more about strategies to use when fighting at close range.

Date:   Aug 08, 08 at 11:39pm (PST)
I thought I did add those

anyways I checked again and I added some strategies in the matchup section.

There not all done and I'll gradually add more the more I fight other players.

Also added MK.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.