Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Boss Battles on Intense Difficulty. - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1140023-boss-battles-on-intense-difficulty/3.htm

Author:   Remino52
Date:   Apr 21, 08 at 7:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Boss Battles on Intense Difficulty.
-------------------------------------------
My best was 3 on intense with pit.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Apr 22, 08 at 3:52am (PST)
quote Inuyasha19
I've gotten to Tabuu twice using Captain Falcon. The lightning knee really does a ton. Falcon also has speed to his advantage.
I think I'll try that later.

Author:   Exodecai
Date:   Apr 22, 08 at 1:27pm (PST)
I got 7 with Charizard, 5 with Yoshi, and 5 with Ganondorf on Intense, I'm getting closer and closer at least :/ heh

Author:   Distortion
Date:   Apr 22, 08 at 7:38pm (PST)
quote Remino52
My best was 3 on intense with pit.
See, the thing is, as with Cruel Brawl, you cannot hope to beat BB Intense using conventional means. You must be cheap, using Charizard's Side B, Zelda's Bair and Fair, Falcon's Fair, etc.

The one exception to this rule is Lucas, but he's pretty light, so using him may be a challenge.

Author:   Sc0rpius
Date:   Apr 22, 08 at 7:47pm (PST)
I've heard that Toon Link is good at beating Boss Battles. Is this true?

Snaaaake!!!

Author:   The5thAvacado
Date:   Apr 23, 08 at 12:13am (PST)
quote Phantasio
With Yoshi the most I've beaten on Intense is 7. If I can nail down the anticipation of attacks from Duon, Porky and Galleom I might be able to reach Tabuu.

I've beaten Meta Ridley a few times without getting hit, same goes with Petey Piranha, Master Hand & Crazy Hand. Sometimes I suffer little damage against Rayquaza.
Duon's a whore, and Porky's problems are his Undodgeable 1000 Hits of Doom and his Small Yet Ridiculously Powerful Laser.

That's the funny and annoying thing about Meta Ridley. You either beat him without getting damage... Or you die. There's no getting hit once or twice. That's how it is with me anyway. Master Hand and Crazy Hand are just breaks. They're a joke, really. You want to get them last so the harder bosses can't have that much health.

quote Kokoro
quote Inuyasha19
I've gotten to Tabuu twice using Captain Falcon. The lightning knee really does a ton. Falcon also has speed to his advantage.
I think I'll try that later.
Falcon is the way to go. His Nuclear Knee isn't the only good move. Personally I spent the whole time using his Uair because it's such a fast move. I usually only used Nuclear Knee at the beginning of a battle.

Author:   soccerben21
Date:   May 02, 08 at 11:38pm (PST)
I have gotten to tabuu around 10 times with fox I usually die by the wings because I dodge to early of late. One time when I dodged the wings he had about _____ that much health left.

Author:   Jesse1234567
Date:   May 02, 08 at 11:45pm (PST)
The only time I've stood a chance at completing boss battles on intense was with Charizard (using Rock Smash) or Kirby (using his Hammer attack in the air because it hits twice).

Author:   OmegaGS
Date:   May 02, 08 at 11:58pm (PST)
i've beaten 8 with pit and that spin atk tat the hands do are easy to dodge just jump off and jump back on like with lucario just double jump off and use his up b for further dodging

Author:   The5thAvacado
Date:   May 03, 08 at 12:56am (PST)
I highly doubt people here are having trouble with the Hands.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   May 03, 08 at 1:25am (PST)
I've gotten to Tabuu twice before with the Zard RS spam. I think I'm gonna try it with Fox tomorrow, as I've gotten better with him.

Author:   Metal Man
Date:   May 05, 08 at 3:23am (PST)
I finally beat this shit...

I highly recommend Yoshi. He can rack up the damage very fast and is alot tougher than most people think. Plus he has great recovery in brawl!
Use down air, foward air, and back air alot. Egg toss works wonders from far away.

For Porkey I usually just jump up, and do down air above him and then land on the opposite side. You can, for the most part, kill him with taking little or no damage (Ocasionally using the other Air attacks when the time is right). Actually, its pretty easy to do this general technique against the Hands, the Ridleys, the Big SSE guy (the guy who has the tank form), and just about everyone.

For Duon I usually just play defensively until he brings out the missiles- maneuver so that the missiles hit him and then finish him off with air attacks.

For Tabuu just avoid his attacks and try to get at least one hit after each technique he uses. When he does that instant kill move, its all about watching. Just get to the edge of the map and hold R. Immediately before it hits you, tap right, and repeat for each one. Practicing it on Boss Battles (Easy) or the SSE will help. If you can dodge this one attack Tabuu is pretty damn easy.

I think Jigglypuff, Luigi, and DK work pretty good too

Try to stay in the air alot. Good Luck.

Author:   HiKaRi
Date:   May 05, 08 at 4:22am (PST)
IMO, Fox is probably the easiest person to beat this with. Laser spam for bosses you don't want to get up close to, good fair and dair for those aerial attacks, and good fsmash and usmash whenever you're on the ground. The reflector also comes in handy against Duon, Rayquaza, Master Hand, and Meta Ridley.

Author:   Paul the great
Date:   May 05, 08 at 2:42pm (PST)
i beat it with jigglypuff her fair and bair do alot

Author:   canderson
Date:   May 05, 08 at 5:27pm (PST)
I find it really easy to beat this with the Ice Climbers.

It's interesting to see the different amount of characters you guys beat this damn boss mode with.
Porky and Duon was a pain.

Also, is it me or is Very Hard Mode MUCH easier than Intense Mode. I beat Very Hard Mode with Zelda and it was my first time playing as her. WTF!!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.