Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How To Beat Tabuu - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1117275-how-to-beat-tabuu/

Author:   Falco1776
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 5:53pm (PST)
Subject:   How To Beat Tabuu
-------------------------------------------
Does anyone know how to avoid that pulse attack that tabuu uses. i can avoid any of his attacks but that

Author:   Spyro
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 5:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How To Beat Tabuu
Air dodge each pulse or just roll dodge them.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 6:01pm (PST)
Roll dodge is the only way to dodge it. It's tricky to time it, though.

Author:   Enigmatic Man
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 6:04pm (PST)

Use the sidestep it's the only reliable dodge, you can easily predict that way.

Author:   Pit_Fan_Owns_U
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 7:29pm (PST)
is that really how u spell his name?? Tabuu?

Author:   StewieRox
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 7:42pm (PST)
IN english yes it is.

Author:   Bob_exe
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 8:03pm (PST)
I tryed it in co-op, but we both kept dyeing at the same 1-hit-ko moves, mabey I suould try it on 1Player.

Author:   DarkKnight
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 8:26pm (PST)
Red Ring of Death: (Just wrap Tabuu up in a towel for 15 minutes...) Get to the very edge of the stage and use the sidestep. It's easy to time when you're on the edge and the sidestep has a quicker recovery than the rolling dodge or aerial dodge.
Whip: Hard to avoid. Just jump and hit the shield button at the same time. You'll have a good chance of avoiding, but it won't always work. You could also get right next to him or to the farthest point away form him. His whip isn't THAT long.
Golden Brackets: Stay in the middle, jump up and aerial dodge right when it's going to touch you.
Energy Spray: Easy, even if you get caught. Just try your best to shield and roll out to behind him. Attack him then, but watch out for the red energy ball he shots at the end.
Purple energy pounds: That one move that has him mimicing Donkey Kong. Actually this can't kill you, but it racks up major damage. That doesn't totally matter though... since all his attacks would just about kill you instantly anyway.
Beam Cannon: Just don't start your jumps until you see the dragon-like thing appear.
Spinner: Just air dodge, then use the second jump and air dodge as it comes back.
Charge: Aerial dodge works.
Eye Lasers: Get right next to him and.... jump into his face. It's free hits here.
Electricity balls: Just stay away from him. Hit him with ranged attacks if you have any.
Image Barrage: Again, stay away. Hit him with ranged attacks.

I think that covers all his attacks. Once you learn to avoid his attacks, the only problem you'll have is finding the oppertunity to hit him.

Author:   supaluigi
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 8:39pm (PST)
another stradegy to dodge pulse between zelda\shiek transformation

Author:   madman25
Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 9:05pm (PST)
quote supaluigi
another stradegy to dodge pulse between zelda\shiek transformation
Works with Pokemon Trainer too.

Author:   The5thAvacado
Date:   Mar 19, 08 at 1:55am (PST)
Heheh, I use sidestep dodge because it's faster, and you know just where you're going. I beat Tabuu on Intense on my first try, probably because I was able to dodge this move with Cpt. Falcon and beat him up. While he was using the rings, he was hitting a Hothead, and I threw it and it literally took about 1/4 of his health away.

Author:   Zeon I
Date:   Mar 21, 08 at 11:54pm (PST)
quote The5thAvacado
he was hitting a Hothead, and I threw it and it literally took about 1/4 of his health away.

I swear the same thing happened to me.

Author:   saged5
Date:   Mar 22, 08 at 12:31am (PST)
quote DarkKnight
Red Ring of Death: (Just wrap Tabuu up in a towel for 15 minutes...) Get to the very edge of the stage and use the sidestep. It's easy to time when you're on the edge and the sidestep has a quicker recovery than the rolling dodge or aerial dodge.
Whip: Hard to avoid. Just jump and hit the shield button at the same time. You'll have a good chance of avoiding, but it won't always work. You could also get right next to him or to the farthest point away form him. His whip isn't THAT long.
Golden Brackets: Stay in the middle, jump up and aerial dodge right when it's going to touch you.
Energy Spray: Easy, even if you get caught. Just try your best to shield and roll out to behind him. Attack him then, but watch out for the red energy ball he shots at the end.
Purple energy pounds: That one move that has him mimicing Donkey Kong. Actually this can't kill you, but it racks up major damage. That doesn't totally matter though... since all his attacks would just about kill you instantly anyway.
Beam Cannon: Just don't start your jumps until you see the dragon-like thing appear.
Spinner: Just air dodge, then use the second jump and air dodge as it comes back.
Charge: Aerial dodge works.
Eye Lasers: Get right next to him and.... jump into his face. It's free hits here.
Electricity balls: Just stay away from him. Hit him with ranged attacks if you have any.
Image Barrage: Again, stay away. Hit him with ranged attacks.

I think that covers all his attacks. Once you learn to avoid his attacks, the only problem you'll have is finding the oppertunity to hit him.

Your missing when he turns into a missle head like knife thing and flys in the air.
Just stay on the ground or air dodge if you have to.

Then theres on where he pulls out a knife and attacks like going down a halfpipe. Maybe someone else can explian it better.

Author:   Ty
Date:   Mar 22, 08 at 1:50am (PST)
My advice is to use Ganondorf as one of your characters, but I'm not sure how to dodge that move either.

Author:   NegativeDbz
Date:   Mar 22, 08 at 2:25am (PST)
use sonic hes preety fast and good at dodgeing:)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.