Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Devil May Cry 4 Information Thread - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32187/t681877-devil-may-cry-4-information-thread/6.htm

Author:   Lady_Sparda
Date:   Oct 27, 06 at 7:12am (PST)
Subject:   re: Devil May Cry 4 Information Thread
-------------------------------------------
*still dressed in Dante costume woohoo!*

All right, another update! New Diary page, new FAQ page, but more importantly, 15 new screenshots featuring both Dante and Nero!!!

Author:   Kryth
Date:   Oct 27, 06 at 1:42pm (PST)
Translation

Again the rough translation of the updated diary. But this time there are some parts that are really interesting.

Date:   Nov 01, 06 at 9:29pm (PST)
Two new Famitsu scans...

So the girl's name is Kyrie, which is frankly ridiculous (it's Greek for Lord, as in, The One up there in Heaven), and Nero's gun is named the Blue Rose. Between the Red Queen and the Blue Rose, Nero, I'm sorry, but am starting to doubt your sexual orientation

Date:   Nov 02, 06 at 1:50am (PST)
Official site update!

More goodies for the 5th anniversary of the site have been added to the merchandise list; collectible stamps and posters.

A new diary page, again, with what seems to be logo ideas for the Church of Sparda.

Finally, Kyrie has been added to the characters' page.

There's also a new Weapons section, but it's not open yet.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Nov 03, 06 at 3:21am (PST)
soo... the story thus far(as far as from what i can tell)
there is a group of cultists who worship Sparda, their priestess is Kyrie, their bodyguard-typ person, Nero. one day, Dante comes and, possibly to stop a return of the Temen-Ni-Gru, slaughters them(hence the bloodied up pic of Dante) Nero fights him in anger and probably gets whooped. Then Nero's arm awakens, craving more power to defeat Dante(possibly Vergil's spirit wanting revenge)

sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread, but this is what i can tell is goin on so far.

This message was edited by Xeros_the_Slayer on Nov 03 2006.

Date:   Nov 10, 06 at 1:45am (PST)
quote Xeros_the_Slayer
soo... the story thus far(as far as from what i can tell)
there is a group of cultists who worship Sparda, their priestess is Kyrie, their bodyguard-typ person, Nero. one day, Dante comes and, possibly to stop a return of the Temen-Ni-Gru, slaughters them(hence the bloodied up pic of Dante) Nero fights him in anger and probably gets whooped. Then Nero's arm awakens, craving more power to defeat Dante(possibly Vergil's spirit wanting revenge)

More or less... Kyrie may or may not be a priestess, she at least seems to be a chorist, and we're not sure what exactly Nero is. And from the trailer, Nero kicks Dante's ass, not the other way around. And Nero's arm is already awake, that is why he's hiding it under his sleeve and sling and glove.

Official Site Update

New Diary page, talking about Nero's weapons.

The Weapons section from last time is open! So far, only Nero's weapons are there, the Red Queen and the Blue Rose, with nice CGs of the both of them.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Nov 10, 06 at 10:02am (PST)
ahh, ok, the site was a bit wierd for me there, wouldnt let me do anythin but see one vid, which was pretty blurry. odd seeing as i hav a gaming pc with high speed dsl, i usually get good visuals on sites.

Date:   Nov 17, 06 at 2:12am (PST)
Official Site Update

New Diary page, which is about the new trailer up in the Movies section. Said trailer is a gameplay segment where you can see Nero doing combos after combos and showing off his vocabulary. For better or worse... he talks just like Dante.

Author:   Deathman48
Date:   Nov 19, 06 at 12:51am (PST)
And for those who haven't/don't want to watch it, we also seem to have got the whole stylish meter.

Do it!
Come on!
Big up!
All that!
Slammin beat!
SmaSh hit!
StyliSh Showtime!

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Nov 19, 06 at 1:38am (PST)
For a second I thought that the bolded letters spelt out something. XD

Anyways, here's the translations for the Kyrie page on the official site -

Let's introduce the characters in Devil May Cry 4!

A kind woman who was born and raised in Fortuna
Kyrie

She has an elder brother who's a commander in the Crusaders, and she is a songstress in the grand festival, the "Evil Blade Festival". She is like a big sister or a mother to Nero, who has no family.

[color=#666666]This message was edited by Gothic Girl on Jan 01 2007.

Date:   Nov 24, 06 at 7:47am (PST)
Good morning NeoSeeker!

Official Site Update!

Today's update brings us much more detailed and up-close shots of Nero's face, arm - which sees to be called the Devil Bringer - leggings, clothing and accessories. A great opportunity for fanartists to grab some references, and for icon makers to grab material!

In the Goods page, a new art book is advertised, and judging from the cover it looks amazing. It will be released on December 26.

The Diary page today seems to be talking about the environments.

Author:   Lord Bacon
Date:   Jan 01, 07 at 8:52pm (PST)
The site's been updated.

Nothing huge like expected unfortunatley, just the guy who works on the site wishing everybody a Happy New Year and thanking everybody who's been visiting the site. However, he mentions something about Spring and while he can't say too much right now, we can expect some exciting info about the game around that time.

There also seems to be some sort of whacky contest going on with prizes of various DMC merchandise. They'll only be available to people in Japan though.

And that pretty much covers it. Still no word on a demo for those who are waiting for it on the Playstation Network, sorry.

Author:   Duralsilver
Date:   Jan 03, 07 at 9:37pm (PST)
I've heard that Dante would be playing the role of the antagonist in Devil May Cry 4. It was also mentioned that he would also be playable. Vergil may be a possible playable character as well

Date:   Jan 04, 07 at 9:37pm (PST)
This thread is for confirmed information, not rumours.

Date:   Jan 19, 07 at 5:50am (PST)
The official site now has an English section.

*bleep* YEAH!!!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.