Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hardcore (don't list spoilers people) - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t995458-hardcore-don-39-list-spoilers-people/2.htm

Author:   Guticb
Date:   Sep 16, 07 at 5:47pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Hardcore (don't list spoilers people)
-------------------------------------------
List games on Nintendos casual console that you think Hardcore gamers will enjoy. And people like wesker and Guticb don't *bleep*ing post here to troll we don't want you here.
You really think I care if you don't want me here? This is a public forum. If you don't like the people here, LEAVE.

Resident Evil 4 and Twilight Princess are the only games a hardcore gamer would enjoy.

Author:   Reason
Date:   Sep 16, 07 at 6:53pm (PST)
Define "hardcore gamer"

Author:   weskraudaon
Date:   Sep 16, 07 at 7:08pm (PST)
quote wiki
Hardcore gamer is a term used to describe a type of video game player whose leisure time is largely devoted to playing or reading about video games. This type of gamer prefers to take significant time and practice on games, in contrast to a casual gamer. Many hardcore gamers pride themselves on mastering the rules or use of a game.
quote wiki
Casual gamer is a term used to describe a type of video game player whose time or interest in playing games is limited compared with a hardcore gamer. They can be found playing games across all genres and of varying levels of complexity and difficulty. However, they do not devote the amount of time or practice to video games spent by hardcore gamers. Whereas a hardcore gamer may approach gaming with the mindset of a professional, a casual gamer would think more like a hobbyist.

Casual gamers can conceivably consist of any people who show more than a passing interest in video games, therefore it is difficult to categorize them as a group. For this reason games which attempt to appeal to the casual player tend to strive for simple rules and ease of game play, the goal being to present a pick-up-and-play experience that people from any age group or skill level could enjoy.

Not all gamers who play casual games are themselves casual gamers.

Author:   Solid Snake 4Life
Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 12:35am (PST)
List games on Nintendos casual console that you think Hardcore gamers will enjoy. And people like wesker and Guticb don't *bleep*ing post here to troll we don't want you here.
Read the fine print Guticb

Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 12:36am (PST)
It's a public forum, like he stated.

Author:   Guticb
Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 12:38am (PST)
quote Solid Snake 4Life
Read the fine print Guticb

Trolling would be going into EVERY thread and making a comment to say the Wii sucks. That is something I do NOT do, nor will I ever do it.

Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 12:40am (PST)
He doesn't get it and you don't troll.

Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 5:08pm (PST)
quote weskraudaon
quote wiki
Hardcore gamer is a term used to describe a type of video game player whose leisure time is largely devoted to playing or reading about video games. This type of gamer prefers to take significant time and practice on games, in contrast to a casual gamer. Many hardcore gamers pride themselves on mastering the rules or use of a game.
So with this definition, a hardcore gamer would only enjoy Zelda and RE 4? If a gamer can be considered as 'hardcore', it doesn't mean they don't enjoy games that aren't so much 'hardcore'.

Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 5:15pm (PST)
I know, but they are hardcore games. Look at what the definition really states.

Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 6:49pm (PST)
Sorry, I was making my point to guticb. Just because a game isn't hardcore it doesn't mean a harcore gamer isn't going to enjoy it.

Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 6:52pm (PST)
I guess. It depends on some gamers but guticb isn't here, I suppose.

Author:   Dio
Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 8:15pm (PST)
quote guticb
Trolling would be going into EVERY thread and making a comment to say the Wii sucks. That is something I do NOT do, nor will I ever do it.
You don't flat out say it, but you sure do make little comments that hint at it.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 17, 07 at 8:18pm (PST)
It is much easier to define a hardcore gamer than a hardcore game. Look at Smash Bros. for instance. A simple concept with easy controls and simple gameplay that everyone can enjoy, yet it has created a deep community of dedicated players who take the game to a complete different level.

So, is Smash Bros. Casual or Hardcore?

Author:   Solid Snake 4Life
Date:   Sep 21, 07 at 9:41pm (PST)
quote twilightprince
quote guticb
You don't flat out say it, but you sure do make little comments that hint at it.
My point. And Smash Bros walks that fine line that so many developers have tried to make thier games walk it's the perfect blend.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.