Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Shipments - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t956685-shipments/

Author:   poopstuff
Date:   Jul 27, 07 at 6:22pm (PST)
Subject:   Shipments
-------------------------------------------
Many of us on neoseeker have gotten are Wii's but what about the half of us who have not yet got are hand's on one.How long do you think were going to wait?My question is when do you think they will send the next shipment so the we can try to get a Wii or when will they come more available?

I mean their selling like crazy,and it's funny to see PS3's stack up.So what do you think?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jul 27, 07 at 6:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Shipments
I don't really see the drought coming to an end anytime soon. A ton of Wii's are going to move once the big three, Metroid, Mario, and Smash hit at the end of this year, and with Christmas coming up. Then, once Wii fit hits, I figure there will be a massive casual rush to get the system. Wii supply may finally come to an end next spring, especially since Nintendo is trying to increase production of Wii.

Author:   ConkerASkyJockey
Date:   Jul 27, 07 at 7:02pm (PST)
There's also alot of Paper Mario, Strikers and Mario Party fans that want to get a Wii with that game.

Strikers is online which makes the game good, offline or online.

Mario Party is a good game with friends

Paper Mario is just plain good game with good storyline.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 28, 07 at 3:49am (PST)
Start going to one of the trackers. CheapAssGamer has a poster, speedy1961, who is able to get Target, Circuit City and Best Buy ads in advance, and if Wiis are in stock, they are usually advertised.

From what he has posted, the Wii will be available this Sunday at Best Buy.

Author:   Sereph
Date:   Jul 28, 07 at 6:20am (PST)
Shipments of Wiis are regulated by the distributing company that owns the shops you are going to.

For example, BestBuy regulates how many Wiis each store gets (those with alot of videogame sales get alot of Wiis, those with poor game sales get few Wiis).

It's all regional and based on sales performance at individual stores, so for the end consumer it might feel really random where and when shops get Wii systems in stock.

I have had at least a dozen different opportunities to buy a Wii (at the advertised $250 price tag, at a discounted $230 price tag and at a further discounted $195 tag) and I have rejected them all mainly due to the downright pitiful single-player game library.

Author:   Gregm
Date:   Jul 28, 07 at 6:32am (PST)
quote Sereph
Shipments of Wiis are regulated by the distributing company that owns the shops you are going to.

For example, BestBuy regulates how many Wiis each store gets (those with alot of videogame sales get alot of Wiis, those with poor game sales get few Wiis).

It's all regional and based on sales performance at individual stores, so for the end consumer it might feel really random where and when shops get Wii systems in stock.

I have had at least a dozen different opportunities to buy a Wii (at the advertised $250 price tag, at a discounted $230 price tag and at a further discounted $195 tag) and I have rejected them all mainly due to the downright pitiful single-player game library.
Very well said. Applause. If I had a twin brother/sister who loved video games, I'd probably have one, but seeing as how I can't play the Wii by itself, I haven't bought one.

Author:   Subtle Demise
Date:   Jul 29, 07 at 12:11am (PST)
If anyone's looking for a Wii, try K-Mart. Seriously. That's where I got mine just about four hours ago, and I live in some crap hole town in Michigan.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.