Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: E3 says it all : Wii is the best - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t950341-e3-says-all-wii-best/5.htm

Author:   Zero and X
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 3:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: E3 says it all : Wii is the best
-------------------------------------------
Momo7 and I will NESS you up, you guys are putting up laughably weak arguments. You dont think before your write adn you end up with diarhea of teh motuh.

Momo7, you only rant about how the Wii is the "best", now thats just your opinon, but you act like its a fact sent from god or something. Not only that but you said that its "lame" that PS3 and 360 focus only on hardcore gamers.... well its true that they have more hardcore games but have you played flow on PS3? Nothing hardcore about that, how about 360's fuzion frenzy? Thats a party game. Regardless, whats so wrong to aim towards the hardcore? THats not lame at all, I want hardcore games, I have been playing games since I was 3 years old, thast 14 almost 15 years of playing games. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft can do what they want, just becuase they do it in a way you dont agree with, doesnt make it "lame".

I will NESS you up, I really dont need to say it, you got pwned alrady, but Mario and Zelda have had sequels up the ass and Red Steel is a shooter, so is Call of Duty, so is Far Cry Vengence. Your just not making much sense, plus whats so wrong with sequels and shooters? I like sequels to games, and I like shooting stuff, so wahts the big deal?

Author:   MetroidSeeker
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 3:42pm (PST)
By sequels he means (i think) a game that doesnt bring new things to the table that the prequel didnt have. LoZ:Tp used motion controls, Oot didnt have that. With shooters, my ideas are quite obvious: On other consoles they feel like "yup, i fragged this b4, i shoot, whats new" i played halo 2 for 2 yrs, but if i ever have to move an analog stick to make my guy look around again, i will throw up. CoD3 on the Wii felt new, as if First person shooters had finally taken a Shower

Author:   TheMyth17
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 3:53pm (PST)
Getting back to the thread topic for a second...

quote guticb
Honestly, I think the Wii could have EASILY stolen the show this year, yet Sony just plain massacred both Nintendo and Microsoft.
I agree Nintendo's showing was incredibly weak. I agree Microsoft's showing was pretty blah (not a whole lot of new or exciting debuts - more information on already announced games). But what was so special about Sony's performance at E3? How can you justify saying Sony "massacred" Nintendo and 360?

Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 3:58pm (PST)
Lol, according to the Media, and The Winner of E3 award, Wii Won, 360 came in 2nd, and sony got caboose. don't worry tho, Sony is used to it by now.

Author:   Guticb
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 6:16pm (PST)
quote TheMyth17
quote guticb
Honestly, I think the Wii could have EASILY stolen the show this year, yet Sony just plain massacred both Nintendo and Microsoft.
I agree Nintendo's showing was incredibly weak. I agree Microsoft's showing was pretty blah (not a whole lot of new or exciting debuts - more information on already announced games). But what was so special about Sony's performance at E3? How can you justify saying Sony "massacred" Nintendo and 360?
They showed a new PSP that can output to TVs and is smaller.
They showed their online community site for Home users.
They showed Gran Turismo 5.
They showed TONS of new information about Home.
They showed TONS of new information about Singstar.
They had their top titles playable.
They showed the new MGS4 trailer.
Taking a picture on your cell phone and having it immediately appear in PS Home? Awesome.
Accessing Playstation Home on your Cell Phone?

quote MetroidSeeker
Lol, according to the Media, and The Winner of E3 award, Wii Won, 360 came in 2nd, and sony got caboose. don't worry tho, Sony is used to it by now.
Haha, bullshit. That survey and award was done based on the amount of page hits that site got for each respective console. Shitty way to do an award.

Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 6:20pm (PST)
What are you talking about? Its voted on, like every other award for these types of things. And the Media loves the Wii. And isnt that what E3 is all about?

Author:   Guticb
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 6:31pm (PST)
quote MetroidSeeker
What are you talking about? Its voted on, like every other award for these types of things. And the Media loves the Wii. And isnt that what E3 is all about?
No, it's not voted on.
Kotaku's, which is the one you're almost certainly referring to, made Sony second, and theirs was all done based on page views.
IGN, Wii won ONE award out of 27.

Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 7:55pm (PST)
quote guticb
quote TheMyth17
quote guticb
They showed a new PSP that can output to TVs and is smaller.
They showed their online community site for Home users.
They showed Gran Turismo 5.
They showed TONS of new information about Home.
They showed TONS of new information about Singstar.
They had their top titles playable.
They showed the new MGS4 trailer.
Taking a picture on your cell phone and having it immediately appear in PS Home? Awesome.
Accessing Playstation Home on your Cell Phone?
Yawn.

OK I know we're getting into opinion territory here, but I really don't think anyone would agree the above details are exciting enough to say Sony "massacred" anyone, or even clearly beat out the competition.

Sure, Home is interesting. The same way Wii Fit is interesting. Certainly nothing to write home about.

Were there lots of interesting things at E3 this year? Sure. But ALL 3 companies had weak showings. We can argue who the winner was until we're blue in the face, since the pros and cons were much more subtle. But I really don't think anyone can fairly say that ANY of the 3 big guys massacred the other two.

Author:   Mario_1
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 8:13pm (PST)
The MGS4 trailer was the best one in the show, as far as I'm concerned. So kudos to Sony on that.

As far as release dates go, Nintendo delivered the best ones: Those of MP3 and SSBB, both of which are on my "highly anticipated" list.

As for staff presentations/demonstrations, the most enjoyable one was the one for Wii Fit. The Wii Fit itself barely interests me, but watching Reggie getting mildly ridiculed on stage about his weight was priceless humor. So another point goes for Nintendo.

And as far as control accessories go, Nintendo wins with their Wii Zapper. It's totally sick.

So, 3 points for Nintendo, and 1 for Sony, as far as I'm concerned.

Author:   bruin
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 8:36pm (PST)
I'm sorry to say... but all of the press conderences sucked.

Sony's was the best, nintendo's was second and, microsoft's was last.

Nintendo should not have put those stupid montages, they we're ridiculous.

-DSFAN365

Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 9:17pm (PST)
Jeez everybody, I'm all about sharing your opinion but at least put in the effort to explain it. Why do you think one company was better? What made their showing better than another?

If all you can say is "I like their games more," then you aren't really answering the question.

Author:   Supreme Wolverine
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 9:31pm (PST)
I still have to watch sony and microsofts speech.

The best thing about nintendo's conference was the confirmed release dates for all the major titles.

Author:   bruin
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 9:58pm (PST)
quote TheMyth17
Jeez everybody, I'm all about sharing your opinion but at least put in the effort to explain it. Why do you think one company was better? What made their showing better than another?

If all you can say is "I like their games more," then you aren't really answering the question.
I don't like sony's games....
They just had their stuff in order.

-DSFAN365

Author:   I will NESS you up
Date:   Jul 24, 07 at 11:24pm (PST)
gta4
burnout
mgs4
devil may cry 4
call of duty 4
mercenaries 2
ninja gaigen sigma
ratchet and clank
killzone 2
unreal tournament 3
ff 13
time crisis 4
half life
the new turok
thats a fraction of the sequals ps3 is putting out. seriously people we've played this stuff already. next generation does not equal prettier graphics alone. i think nintendo wins because they've brought something new to the table. yes they have sequels but zelda tp was so different from Oot and majoras mask. super mario galaxy has one predecessor and the wiis control system is really going to make galaxy stand out from super mario 64. its all about innovation and thats why nintendo wins. its obviously worked because wiis are flying off the shelves while you try and figure out how wii fit is a game. and i typed all of this on my wii

Author:   Mario_1
Date:   Jul 25, 07 at 12:07am (PST)
The only title in your list that really interests me is MGS4. That game is gonna rock everyone off their asses.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.