Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Less Wires - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t860199-less-wires/2.htm

Author:   Foundy_Fritz
Date:   Mar 29, 07 at 7:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Less Wires
-------------------------------------------
On Rayman, it's really annoying getting tangled up in the wires when your doing the running thing

Author:   game_testerWB1
Date:   Mar 29, 07 at 8:19pm (PST)
1. I don't mind the wires when i'm on Zelda, because it doesn't need much movement. But on Wii boxing the wires are quite dangerous(it whacked me in the face a few times)

2. I Don't mind batteries, i have a battery recharger that recharges all sorts of batteries, so i'm okay with it.

3. If the change the shape of the Numchuck, it may take off some wieght.

4. You could have them specially programmed to the Wiimote at your local game shop, so they will only responde to that Wiimote.

5. To plug it in and out(like you do with the wires) you could have an on/off switch.

I don't mind either way whether there are wires or not.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Mar 29, 07 at 9:47pm (PST)
The perfect solution for power would have been like many computer mice today are doing and having a dock it sits upon that charges it. Another example is cordless phones that charge through the metal contacts.

With wireless addons though, you would have to consider a further element of synchronization. Now two controller pieces have to be synched to the same player slot and to each other. From reading the forums the Wii has enough synchronization problems as it is; if we counted on Nintendo to take it that extra step we might have opted for the wired solution of simply plugging stuff in.

Perhaps they had a similar discourse over at Nintendo and found this route to be the best in terms of dependability.

Author:   Guticb
Date:   Mar 30, 07 at 5:01am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Even with rechargeable batteries, it would be expensive for not a lot of gain, not to mention the fact that the Wiimote batteries and the Nunchuck batteries could run out a different times, which would be very annoying.
Because you know the PS3 controller battery lasts 30 hours, and EVERYONE complains about them dying, correct?

1) Obviously it would need batteries
So does the PS3. Rechargable batteries are pretty small most of the time.

2) How would you tell if its connected to the Wiimote or not?
A small blue light isn't hard to implement.

3) The nunchuck would need some sorta of wireless thingy in it, on top of batteries, would that all fit in the nuchuck? How would that affect its wieght?
Bluetooth doesn't take up much space.

Author:   Gregory2590
Date:   Mar 30, 07 at 5:04am (PST)
And why are you talking about the PS3 when no one mentioned it here in this thread?

Author:   KirbyOwns
Date:   Mar 30, 07 at 2:56pm (PST)
He was using the Ps3 Controller as an example to prove a point. And guys, really, who would actually mind setting their wiimote and nunchuk (and maybe classic controller) on a charging stand every night?

Author:   BradSK
Date:   Mar 30, 07 at 5:27pm (PST)
quote KirbyOwns
He was using the Ps3 Controller as an example to prove a point. And guys, really, who would actually mind setting their wiimote and nunchuk (and maybe classic controller) on a charging stand every night?
Charging batteries when they aren't empty isn't good for them.

Author:   MetroidSeeker
Date:   Jul 27, 07 at 3:35am (PST)
who says? And i got a wireless gc controller to keep my wii from having too many wires.

Author:   Chekkaa
Date:   Jul 27, 07 at 4:57am (PST)
Wireless would just be too much hassle. I have no problem with the wires, except they are a little annoying with Wii boxing.

Author:   ConkerASkyJockey
Date:   Jul 27, 07 at 5:23am (PST)
I don't mind the wires, I don't play boxing much so I say its not that annoying.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.