Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Less Wires - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t860199-less-wires/

Author:   KirbyOwns
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 1:57pm (PST)
Subject:   Less Wires
-------------------------------------------
I always thought of the wii as a completely wireless device, so whenever i use the nunchuk or the clasic controller it annoys the heck out of me. Does anyone know if Nintendo is planning on making wireless nunchuks or classic controllers?

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 2:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Less Wires
I don't want to buy more batteries.

Author:   tornjinx
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 2:14pm (PST)
I agree with sonic, that would be even more batteries, and i go through them fast enough.

Author:   KirbyOwns
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 2:44pm (PST)
why not rechargeable ones?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 2:50pm (PST)
Even with rechargeable batteries, it would be expensive for not a lot of gain, not to mention the fact that the Wiimote batteries and the Nunchuck batteries could run out a different times, which would be very annoying.

Author:   Supreme Wolverine
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 4:24pm (PST)
It doesn`t even really annoy me the wire is long enough.

Author:   Dark Angel Exe
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 5:42pm (PST)
That wire is really annoying, especially when I play Wii Sports (boxing). I've always wondered why they never bothered to make it wireless.

Author:   Rizzy11
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 5:52pm (PST)
Yeah, the wire attaching the nunchuk to the Wiimote is pretty annoying, but I'm okay with it to be honest. Sometimes, I am too overprotective. Like in Wii Sports Boxing, I don't really want to go crazy because the controls might hit each other. But it's nothing too serious for me.

Author:   BradSK
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 6:41pm (PST)
Until they figure out how to wirelessly transfer battery power, Im happy with the wires.

Author:   Menkoy
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 6:46pm (PST)
quote thebradman1andonly
Until they figure out how to wirelessly transfer battery power, Im happy with the wires.
yeah, that'd be great!
Maybe they should make the Wiimote/Nunchuk be powered by the motions you make. Like that one watch.... that'd be cool.
Anyway, the wire for the VC games isn't that bad, considering you can just place the wiimote on the ground/cupholder/armrest.

Author:   Gogetenks
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 9:05pm (PST)
I wouldn't see any problem with a recharge station for both the Wiimote and Nunchuk if they were both wireless. It wouldn't be all that expensive. If a company sold a wireless Nunchuk, rechargable batteries for both and a recharge station for a resonable price, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

There were quite a few reports on this, and honestly I can't think of a single reason why a manufacturer wouldn't do this. There are rumours of Nintendo working on this, but as long as any hardware manufacturer does this(and trust me, there are a lot who would) then it will sell.

I usually don't care all that much, but sometimes I'd just like to let go of the other controller and forget about it(such as in Rayman) when I don't need to use it. Opoona is an entirely Nunchuk-controlled RPG, so why have the wire?

Author:   Vampire Lord Alucard
Date:   Mar 26, 07 at 9:34pm (PST)
A wireless nunchuck would be cool, but present several problems.

1) Obviously it would need batteries

2) How would you tell if its connected to the Wiimote or not?

3) The nunchuck would need some sorta of wireless thingy in it, on top of batteries, would that all fit in the nuchuck? How would that affect its wieght?

Author:   Dark Angel Exe
Date:   Mar 27, 07 at 2:33pm (PST)
quote Vampire Lord Alucard
1) Obviously it would need batteries

They could use rechargeable batteries as Gogetenks said. Sure it would cost more, but if someone didn't want to pay extra, they could just use the original wired nunchuck.

2) How would you tell if its connected to the Wiimote or not?

They could add those blue lights to it, like they have on the bottom of the Wii controller.

3) The nunchuck would need some sorta of wireless thingy in it, on top of batteries, would that all fit in the nuchuck? How would that affect its wieght?

The weight wouldn't be much of an issue with me, considering the Wii controller is larger, and isn't that heavy.

Author:   Sonicflood
Date:   Mar 28, 07 at 8:40pm (PST)
I don't really care about the nunchuck or classic controller wires.

Author:   MoRbIdE
Date:   Mar 29, 07 at 5:52pm (PST)
it would effect cost most of all. and the weight would change some too making it heavier. Frankly if i was the manufacturer i wouldn't bother making the nunchuk wireless either. the point of a wireless controller is to have freedome of movement from the console unit. Because the nunchuck is just in your other hand only a small wire is needed. It is cheaper to produce this way and as such you can give it to the consumer at a cheaper cost. If you make the nunchuck wireless however not only do you have to consider the added weight of the batteries but you have to consider the tech that sends and recieves signals. This would add to the weight and make the nunchuk larger too. Its just not economical. I suppose at some point they might look into having a special set of completely wireless controllers which you buy seperately. but i think they did the right thing in having the nunchuk wired on release

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.