Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Nintendo's Conference at LGC - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t727542-nintendos-conference-at-lgc/

Author:   Dio
Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 4:59am (PST)
Subject:   Nintendo's Conference at LGC
-------------------------------------------
Nintendo's conference at the Leipzig Games Convention has officially been announced. It will be held on August 23 at 10:15 AM.

Sources 1 & 2

"Wii prove our promise"

Pretty catchy isn't it? I wonder what the "promise" is.

[color=#666666]This message was edited by twilightprince on Aug 10 2006.

Author:   Alkaline
Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 8:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: Nintendo's Conference at LGC
They are proving that the Wiimote will revolutionise gaming.

Perhaps E3 showed that the concept works, but at Leipzig Nintendo we'll show that all the feedback has allowed them to make sure each game has good control.

Or perhaps it will be about the WiFi service.

Or perhaps...

Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 4:35pm (PST)
Hopefully they will announce the price and release date at this conference.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 5:51pm (PST)
That's what it sounds to me. "Wii prove our promise". That sounds like they will tell us.

Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 7:55pm (PST)
I read an article a few days ago about how Nintendo will show us previously unannounced titles at LGC. I wonder what they will show us?

At this press conference, I'm expecting price and launch details, as well as more info about the Wi-fi service and the Virtual Console.

Author:   bakfromon
Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 8:00pm (PST)
Maybe they'll show the rumored Kid Icarus, or actual gameplay of Pokemon Wii.

Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 8:10pm (PST)
Nintendo to show off 5 new games

The upcoming Leipzig Games Convention sounds like it is going to be quite the show for Nintendo. While we have to wait until late August for the show to begin (23-27), it is looking to be worth the wait. We reported on the title of Nintendo's event earlier (Wii Prove Our Promise), and now information is coming in about what the keynote will contain.

The official magazine Nintendo of France has announced that Nintendo is planned to show off 5 brand new Wii titles at the event. It is unknown if these titles are direct from Nintendo, or are 3rd party offerings. Based on the story so far, these will most likely end up being Nintendo first party titles. Unfortunately, there is no information on anything else regarding these new titles.

Nintendo's LGC event is going to be big, I wonder what other announcements we can expect from the event!

Five unannounced titles! Sweet.

I wonder what games Nintendo have up their sleeves. I have a feeling one game might be Kid Icarus. Maybe a new Mario Kart or Mario Party.

Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 9:35pm (PST)
Ubisoft has released their lineup of titles to be at LGC in August. The list has been narrowed down to the titles Ubisoft will be showing when it comes to Nintendo platforms.

GameCube:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Wii:

Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbids

Nintendo DS:

The Settlers

Date:   Jul 31, 06 at 9:38pm (PST)
Glad to see Red Steel and Rayman on the list, two of my most anticipated Wii games.

Author:   Theory of Chaos
Date:   Aug 01, 06 at 4:01am (PST)
I hate to say this, but Nintendo keeps insisting that September is when they will say the price and launch date. I am happy to see that they are part of this confrence, though.

Date:   Aug 01, 06 at 4:27am (PST)
quote Theory of Chaos
I hate to say this, but Nintendo keeps insisting that September is when they will say the price and launch date. I am happy to see that they are part of this confrence, though.
I remember the original statement by Nintendo was "We will announce the release date by September." Then all of a sudden recent articles started popping up saying "in September". I don't know what to believe anymore.

Whatever the case is, August 23 is pretty darn close to September.

Author:   Vampire Lord Alucard
Date:   Aug 01, 06 at 4:59am (PST)
Remember how they showed the Super Smash Bros Brawl vid later in E3 instead of at the first press conference? Who knows what goodies they could have in store... *drools in hopes of seeing a new SSBB trailer*

Date:   Aug 01, 06 at 11:38am (PST)
quote twilightprince
quote Theory of Chaos
I remember the original statement by Nintendo was "We will announce the release date by September." Then all of a sudden recent articles started popping up saying "in September". I don't know what to believe anymore.

Whatever the case is, August 23 is pretty darn close to September.
Correct. I don't want to be disappointed, but I'm kinda expecting to hear the release date and price at Leipzig. It just seems like the place for Nintendo to do it.

Author:   Vampire Lord Alucard
Date:   Aug 02, 06 at 3:42am (PST)
That would be really, really great if they did. I've been working over the summer to get money so I can buy a Wii (tho it didnt take long to get $300 [$50 xtra is for game]). I have plenty enough even if the system does stay at $250, what I'm dying to know is the release date. Cant...wait.... till.... November.. to play.... Wii!!!!!

Date:   Aug 07, 06 at 5:35pm (PST)

This message was edited by twilightprince on Aug 07 2006.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.