Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Feedback and Suggestions - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t679646-forum-feedback-suggestions/4.htm

Author:   Player Joe
Date:   Aug 17, 06 at 1:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Suggestion.

I having been looking at the front page and have noticed a few things. There are alot of threads that are just copies of news stories. There is no, or little discussion about the news. It is mostly filled up with: "Oh that would be awesome!!!!11!!1!!" I think we should have a sticky that sole purpose is for news. It would be like the date file threads in a game forum. A person would simply post the article and a source. That way we could cut down on the useless threads. We should still have the bigger news in a thread for discussion. Bigger news like : this. But do we really need a whole thread for something like this? I think a thread that contains the lastest news announcements would be better then 50 threads with 0 discussion.

What do you guys think?

Author:   Dio
Date:   Aug 17, 06 at 2:03am (PST)
I support this suggestion.

Some sort of Data Thread would certainly reduce forum clutter. Maybe even a Speculation Thread could work out.

Author:   Ameer
Date:   Aug 17, 06 at 4:41am (PST)
I agree with Player Joe's suggestion to an extent. I'm sick of some people (you know who your are) just flooding the forum with threads on small news snippets. However, in limiting it to one thread, you could be putting a bottleneck on discussion in the forum.

Author:   Dio
Date:   Aug 17, 06 at 5:02am (PST)
quote Ameer
However, in limiting it to one thread, you could be putting a bottleneck on discussion in the forum.
Like Player Joe said, bigger news like this for example, still deserves it's own thread. But smaller news snippets like this or this belong in the News Thread or whatever.

Author:   The Dave
Date:   Aug 18, 06 at 2:29pm (PST)
Damn, was just about to suggest this, an information thread is sorely needed. Currently the abundance of "news threads" are simply opportunities for people to bump their post count up and don't actually make finding information any easier.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Aug 21, 06 at 10:05pm (PST)
The General GCN forum had something similar and it worked very well. I'll throw one up now.

Date:   Sep 14, 06 at 3:39pm (PST)
Nobody uses it

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 14, 06 at 7:29pm (PST)
People rather post a new thread more than use that one.

Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 11:40am (PST)
Whilst on the topic I think that there should be a complete and detailed list of launch details and prices for all 4 regions (North America, Europe, Japan, Australia) in the news thread.

Would help to keep the forum tidy and would make the news and info thread of great use to brief visitors coming here for information.

I wouldn't mind chipping in with the compiling...
(Sonic) Flash Gordon? What d'ya think?

Author:   Gogetenks
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 4:30pm (PST)
I normally wouldn't do this, but the footer just cracked me up ! It's genius, Sonic! A new header would be nice, though. Everybody knows the Wii now, so it is sort of pointless to tell everyone why they named it that. Make one like the footer !

Author:   nflsmc
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 4:34pm (PST)
Plus it doesn't work. Or maybe it's just me. When I click it, it just turns white...

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 17, 06 at 4:03am (PST)
The Header still works. I just tried it. But maybe we do need a new header as well.

The Footer is great!

Author:   Theory of Chaos
Date:   Sep 18, 06 at 10:54pm (PST)
A new header would be sweet, but we have to be realistic. This is Flash's forum, which means he'll compete, which means he'll dominate and crown himself King of Jesus. But a competition would still be a good idea, even if we all do fall to our knees before the shinning pile of Christ Flash will surley produce.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Sep 19, 06 at 3:33pm (PST)
quote The Dave
Whilst on the topic I think that there should be a complete and detailed list of launch details and prices for all 4 regions (North America, Europe, Japan, Australia) in the news thread.

Would help to keep the forum tidy and would make the news and info thread of great use to brief visitors coming here for information.

I wouldn't mind chipping in with the compiling...
(Sonic) Flash Gordon? What d'ya think?
...seems more likely that I'd ban you and your exhausting idea.

quote Theory of Chaos
A new header would be sweet, but we have to be realistic. This is Flash's forum, which means he'll compete, which means he'll dominate and crown himself King of Jesus. But a competition would still be a good idea, even if we all do fall to our knees before the shinning pile of Christ Flash will surley produce.
...I don't think I've ever been called Christ Flash before.
...I don't think anyone has ever been called Christ Flash before

Anyone who knows me knows I love churning out Flash banners for my forums. In the beginning it was a simple letter build with sprite antics that became increasingly more tedious to animate, then moved on to a monthly game spotlight. This only lasted for a while as there wasn't always a good game every month and I wanted a more long term solution.

A post-E3 hilight banner ended the monthly thing as I started employing what som members called the 'seizure banner' in which I used a used less animation and more scripting. At the same time I was making headers for the General PS2 forum as a testing grounds for new ideas. After a few more iterations I decided to make the final General GameCube banner I would make, thus brings us t the modern day. The banner up there now is the latest flash banner, and I actually still really like it, despite it not having the original "CHING!WANG!" sound effects that scared some people and delighted myself, and still harboring a bit f the old 'seizure' code in the rendered GCN symbol animation I made.

But what of a Wii banner? The GCN I had seen and played. It had a theme to it; indigo and cube, and the cube symbol that spun. I had some theme going for it, but meanwhile all we really have for the Wii is that logo, and possibly some wobbly i's. I'll give some thought to what I can come up with, and if anyone has suggestions or media that would be useful i wld help.

I supose it would be nice to have a new banner atleast for the release huh?

Author:   oOhennersOo
Date:   Sep 20, 06 at 5:02pm (PST)
My speakers didn't work when the GCN Banner had sound, so I never got to hear the sound of "Grinding shrapnel" that people didn't appreciate "in 4am in the morning". .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.