Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii Remote Plus - Connectivity problems - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1713487-wii-remote-plus-connectivity-problems/

Author:   OzzieSlashFlea
Date:   Feb 03, 12 at 10:41pm (PST)
Subject:   Wii Remote Plus - Connectivity problems
-------------------------------------------
Got a brand spanking new Wii Plus Remote this Christmas to play Skyward Sword, and have had massive trouble trying to get it to connect with the console. The time it takes to connect, from my doing any combination of pressing the red "connect" buttons in various orders, holding the 1 and 2 buttons for varying lengths of time, and simply mashing the A button periodically (seems to work the best), varies from anywhere between 5 minutes and half an hour (!), before the four little lights go different shades of blue and the cursor appears on the screen. I assume I'm doing something wrong, here. Any pointers?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Feb 03, 12 at 11:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii Remote Plus - Connectivity problems
Hold the sync button on the controller while pressing the sync button on the Wii (it should be on, for the record). Let both go, and let the Wiimote connect for several seconds. If that doesn't work, I would contact Nintendo about the problem, as your wiimote may have a faulty radio.

Author:   OzzieSlashFlea
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 2:16am (PST)
Tried it - nothing doing. As for the second suggestion, it's a possibility although it seems almost like the remote plus has a mind of its own. Once it's on, it's on, and connects for as long as I play the game with no problems at all. Besides, shouldn't a brand new, store bought remote.... just work?
How would I go about fixing the internal radio, if I were to do it by myself? And what number should I call to get help with it? (I'm in the UK)

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Feb 06, 12 at 3:56pm (PST)
It just an unfortunate fact of life that faulty products make it to market, sometimes a defective device just slips through the cracks. I would check Nintendo's UK site and contact them through the links there, and they can instruct you on what to do next.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.