Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii Bogs and Sh*t - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1696170-wii-bogs-sh/

Author:   SaulLaski
Date:   Nov 13, 11 at 1:38pm (PST)
Subject:   Wii Bogs and Sh*t
-------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

i'm presently facing a random bog on my Wii console: i rent a game at a local Videotron (you guys actually don't care about this) And my console bogged a few times, and i had to shut the huse's breaker own to close it. Then, it bogged ANOTHER time, and it's like no power's going into the console, it's complety dead. i just can't turn it on, there's no light Indicating the power's going threw the console.

Please, Help me. The game must be returned in like, Three days by the 13-11-11

((you guys actually lost the game three times accoding to my text ))

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Nov 13, 11 at 3:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii Bogs and Sh*t
Um. WHAT?

Author:   SaulLaski
Date:   Nov 13, 11 at 3:18pm (PST)
Yeah my Wii bogged with the game inside, and i found that it's the alimentation cable who overhated. Thank you anyways... but i'll have to buy another cable...

Author:   ims2golfer
Date:   Nov 13, 11 at 5:24pm (PST)
quote SaulLaski
Yeah my Wii bogged with the game inside, and i found that it's the alimentation cable who overhated. Thank you anyways... but i'll have to buy another cable...
What the???

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 5:30am (PST)
You may want to clarify what bog means the next time you ask a question like this. Slang like that sometimes isn't understood when speaking with people around the world. ^^; Glad to hear you found out the problem, though!

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 6:12pm (PST)
You rented a Wii and the disc is stuck inside?

Author:   Dio
Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 10:02pm (PST)
From what I gathered: he rented a Wii game from his local "Videotron", whatever that may be, and while playing the said game, his console "bogged" a few times and wouldn't turn off. He then panicked and proceeded to shut down his house's electrical breaker, which cut off all the power in his house, including to his Wii. Then, once he turned the circuit breaker back on and plugged the Wii back in, the Wii console wouldn't turn on. Not even the little red/yellow/green power light on the Wii would illuminate, meaning there was no power flowing through the Wii console at all. I remind you, throughout all this, the video game he rented from "Videotron" was still stuck in there and needed to be returned in less than three days!

Soon after this incident, the person realized that the "alimentation cable" was actually the cause of the problem since it overheated and most likely burnt itself out. My spider senses tell me that an "alimentation cable" is some sort of a French/Canadian power cable, also known as an "AC Adapter" to us Americans.

In conclusion, a french/canadian guy rented a video game, his Wii overheated with the game inside, burnt out his AC adapter, and now he has to go buy a new cable so he can remove the rented game and return it to his local Videotron.

The End.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 11:17pm (PST)
Dio is a master of foreign languages.

Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 11:49pm (PST)
quote Dio
From what I gathered: he rented a Wii game from his local "Videotron", whatever that may be, and while playing the said game, his console "bogged" a few times and wouldn't turn off. He then panicked and proceeded to shut down his house's electrical breaker, which cut off all the power in his house, including to his Wii. Then, once he turned the circuit breaker back on and plugged the Wii back in, the Wii console wouldn't turn on. Not even the little red/yellow/green power light on the Wii would illuminate, meaning there was no power flowing through the Wii console. I remind you, throughout all this, the video game he rented from "Videotron" was still stuck in there and needed to be returned in less than three days!

Soon after this incident, the person realized that the "alimentation cable" was actually the cause of the problem since it overheated and most likely burnt itself out. My spider senses tell me that an "alimentation cable" is some sort of a French/Canadian power cable, also known as an "AC Adapter" to us Americans.

In conclusion, a french/canadian guy rented a video game, his Wii overheated with the game inside, burnt out his AC adapter, and now he has to go buy a new cable so he can removed the rented game and return it to his local Videotron.

The End.

Google is your friend?
How did you put that all together?

Date:   Nov 15, 11 at 12:26am (PST)
quote ims2golfer
How did you put that all together?
My spider senses.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Nov 15, 11 at 11:36am (PST)
how come when he tried to shut down the wii he didn't just pull the ac adapter from the wii? why go so far by flipping the breaker?

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Nov 15, 11 at 3:17pm (PST)
al·i·men·ta·tion (l-mn-tshn)
n.
1. The act or process of giving or receiving nourishment.
2. Support; sustenance.
From now on, the AC adapter/cable is called the "Wii feeding tube".

Date:   Nov 15, 11 at 11:25pm (PST)
quote Akira_EX
how come when he tried to shut down the wii he didn't just pull the ac adapter from the wii? why go so far by flipping the breaker?
O NO MY WII??????????????????
*panics* *lightbulb*
*pulls big lever* YES!!!
*flips big lever* IT WONT WORK?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

Date:   Nov 17, 11 at 1:03am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Hmmm, I've asked myself the same question every night for the past two nights. It's also been bugging me. I have a feeling that the back of his console and the power outlet were both inaccessible, possibly due to a heavy piece of furniture being in the way. And the person, due to panicking and not wanting to strain any muscles in the process of moving this large piece of furniture, decided to choose the easy way out and turn off power to his entire house.

I wonder if the person ever found a new AC Adapter/Wii Feeding Tube? I wonder if the game was ever safely returned to his local Videotron? So many questions left unanswered. Stay tuned.

Author:   Koloth
Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 1:45am (PST)
quote Sonic Flash
al·i·men·ta·tion (l-mn-tshn)
n.
1. The act or process of giving or receiving nourishment.
2. Support; sustenance.
From now on, the AC adapter/cable is called the "Wii feeding tube".
LOL. Funniest thing I have read all day.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.