Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Operation Rainfall: Help Bring Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to NA - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1659992-operation-rainfall-help-bring-xenoblade-last-story-pandoras-tower-to-na/

Author:   therealNgamer
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 12:17am (PST)
Subject:   Operation Rainfall: Help Bring Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to NA
-------------------------------------------
Hello Wii General Board! It's been a while since I've posted here, but I have come to spread the call to arms to rally Nintendo fans across the interwebs to fight for what they believe in.

How many of you guys have been looking forward to Japanese games like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower? Well the way things are going, Nintendo has no intentions of bringing these titles over. But we are not going to stand by idle and do nothing about it! That's why some posters at the IGN boards have taken initiative to start a multi-pronged assault to convince Nintendo of America that there is a market here for these games and that we will buy them if they are released here.

What you can do to help:

The biggest thing that Operation Rainfall is planning is to have tons of people mail physical letters to NoA at specified dates to make a larger impact. Plan for your letters for Xenoblade to arrive on July 11-13th. Letters about The Last Story should arrive on July 18-20th. Letters for Pandora's Tower should arrive on July 25-27th. Check out the official blog for a generic template for letters if you don't know what to write.

Call Nintendo, especially on those target dates! I can guarantee you that the customer service representative will give you no useful information, but tell them that you really want to play these games! 1-800-255-3700

Head over to Xenoblade's Amazon page (under the old name "Monado" and preorder the game. Don't worry, Amazon will not charge you money until the game actually ships. It is currently the number one bestselling game on amazon; let's keep it that way to show Nintendo we're interested!

Spam Nintendo's Facebook page and Twitter to generate interest. I personally do not have a Twitter account so I can't say how the operation goes on that front but a single one of their posts on Facebook has almost 4000 comments asking for these games!

Email Nintendo. While you will likely get brushed off with a generic response, it shows them we want these games nonetheless.

Finally, just spread the word! The movement already has strong support. We've been covered by IGN twice, Destructoid, Kotaku, and Gameinformer among others. This thing is going viral, and you can help make it bigger!

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 12:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Operation Rainfall: Help Bring Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to NA
I'd love to be optimistic about it, but if it didn't work for EarthBound, an $8 downloadable game, I doubt it's going to work for these retail titles.

Nevertheless, I hope everyone who can get involved does, and prompt Nintendo of America to fix what's shaping up to be the Wii's worst year so far!

Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 12:32am (PST)
Subject:   re: Operation Rainfall: Help Bring Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to NA
I'm still pissed about Earthbound too, but apparently there were "legal" issues preventing its release due to pop culture references.

That said, it's not entirely ridiculous for them to release at least Xenoblade here. It's already translated into English and getting released in Europe. The real work is already done on that game. All NoA has to do is take the script, fix the British misspellings (that's a joke, I kid our British friends!), and print the discs. And if Xenoblade sells, they would probably at least consider The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Author:   Pwnige
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 7:01am (PST)
Aren't all three of these games coming out in Europe? I know Xenoblade is, and I'm pretty sure The Last Story is too. Weird that these aren't coming to America...

I might send an email or two. Don't really care enough to send letters. If it was for Earthbound on the other hand...

Edit: Just watched a Xenoblade trailer. Actually looks really good...

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 9:33am (PST)
It looks like you're doing fine without us, at least on the Xenoblade part.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/26/nintendo-of-america-take-notice-of-xenoblade-chronicles-fan-campaign/

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 11:48am (PST)
Well, that was quick. Still doesn't mean the games are coming out though.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 5:51pm (PST)
I sent my email in.

The second phase of the operation should be getting all these people to actually buy the game if NoA localizes it.

Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 10:56pm (PST)
quote Rabla
It looks like you're doing fine without us, at least on the Xenoblade part.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/26/nintendo-of-america-take-notice-of-xenoblade-chronicles-fan-campaign/

Like Big A2 said, that still doesn't guarantee they're actually gonna do anything about it. Obviously they aren't gonna announce these games for the US over Facebook, so what they said is probably the best response we can get through that medium. That said, we still need all the help we can get, so if you care in the slightest about any of these games, please join the movement!

quote bbb7002004
The second phase of the operation should be getting all these people to actually buy the game if NoA localizes it.
Indeed. If Nintendo brings one of these games over and no one buys it, you can be sure there's no way they'll bring the others over!

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 4:23pm (PST)
Nintendo Facebook: no plans for these three games in the Americas

Author:   Rawk
Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 4:29pm (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Nintendo Facebook: no plans for these three games in the Americas
I think Operation Rainfall is just about to become Operation Downpour!

Its fuelled them even more.

Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 8:08pm (PST)
Not sure what people were expecting. The whole idea behind this is to show that there is interest in the games and to change NoA's mind if they weren't releasing the games. It's not like Reggie can snap his fingers and pencil in a deal and release date for games they don't own the rights two in three days.

Hopefully NoA will rethink their stance and give us some good announcements sometime this fall, hopefully when they get around to telling us actual dates for games like Zelda and the stuff on 3DS.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jul 01, 11 at 3:08am (PST)
Well it relies on Myiamoto and those in Japan. Maybe a Wii U release in HD could be in the works, or a sequel to any of these at least. I doubt it but ya never know.

Date:   Jul 01, 11 at 3:23am (PST)
Localization decisions are mostly handled by the local branches though. HD remakes are alright, but a waste of potential when the games should be coming out to support Wii in the interim.

The real problem has been the hits NoA has taken with niche titles over the last couple of consoles. They brought out games like Sin and Punishment 2 or Samurai Heroes or Glory of Heracles, no one buys them, they loose money.

I really wish they would adopt a startup system of some sort. Have a website with a ton of Japanese Nintendo games on it, and allow people to preorder those games. Once enough preorders are reached, the project is greenlit and the discs are burned and sent out to the people that ordered. Call them imports, charge a slightly premium price, and leave the Japanese voicework intact, just adding subtitles and translating menus and you have a great way to support your most passionate fans, make a profit everytime, keep complaining down, and possibly run up on the next big game unintentionally. Wins all around.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 01, 11 at 5:11pm (PST)
NCL pretty much controls the rest of the branches

In this case it's not entirely NoA's fault, but still their fault

Author:   Rawk
Date:   Jul 01, 11 at 11:18pm (PST)
If anyone is in support of this, may i suggest you join the facebook page. Apparently there are 'rumblings' going on at the moments, something to do with XSEED.

http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall?sk=wall

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.