Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Help connecting Wii to PC Monitor?! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1656259-help-connecting-wii-to-pc-monitor/

Author:   Coconut
Date:   Jun 12, 11 at 10:53am (PST)
Subject:   Help connecting Wii to PC Monitor?!
-------------------------------------------
I have a DGM L-1936WD Monitor, and it has AUDIO-IN, DVA-D, and D-SUB connections on the back. I can't seem to find a cable that would connect a RCA Cable (The Red, Yellow, and White one) to my Monitor. What connector would I need to buy or what can I do to get my Wii to work on my PC monitor? Please help!!

PS: Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, I didn't know whether to post this in the Wii forum or the PC forum

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jun 12, 11 at 3:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Help connecting Wii to PC Monitor?!
I did a Google search and found this Wii VGA cable but it is unavailable. I'm not sure what kind of monitor you have but they usually use VGA (blue connector with many teeth in it) so look to see if there is a Wii VGA cable anywhere that you can get like that one.
EDIT: Another quick search yielded this. It's only $23 from Amazon which isn't bad.

Date:   Jun 12, 11 at 8:07pm (PST)
JonnyPotSmoker Thanks for the help! I read the reviews for that cable and they aren't too good.. Otherwise I would have bought it!

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jun 13, 11 at 1:24am (PST)
Most of the complains people have are unavoidable when you try and give a screen a resolution that's doesn't scale nicely with it. I'd imagine you'd have the same problem with a RCA to VGA converter.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jun 13, 11 at 3:55am (PST)
Yeah, you're going to have problems with it on the Wii, most likely, regardless. But, I was just giving you an example of what an extremely quick (30 seconds?) Google search can yield. Just Google "Wii VGA cable" or something along those lines and you'l come across others, or at least I would assume.

Post #4,000!

Date:   Jun 13, 11 at 8:21am (PST)
I've found one that should work on ebay. I've ordered one (£17, better be worth it!) and if it doesn't work i'll send it back. If this one doesn't work then nothing else will sadly :\ But thanks for the replies!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.