Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Problem with Wii remote. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1642123-problem-with-wii-remote/

Author:   Palopel
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 1:06am (PST)
Subject:   Problem with Wii remote.
-------------------------------------------
Well, When I point the Wiimote at the screen, the little cursor thing doesn't follow my movements properly. The little cursor thingy jumps around from one side of the screen to the other, then the top, then the middle, and then- Well, you know what I mean.

Is it normal for this to happen? And is there anyway I can fix it?

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 1:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Problem with Wii remote.
Try your best to get into the console's settings and change the sensitivity of the remote until you just see two flashing lights. It can be hard to do this, with the cursor jumping around everywhere, but I think that's the only way to get to the settings.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 2:05am (PST)
Are you in a place with a lot of lights or windows? Try moving your Wii to a darker room with less potential sources of IR interference, then lower the sensitivity as Big A2 said.

Author:   FoneBoneFan15
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 3:09am (PST)
If that doesn't work, then try moving closer to the television.

Author:   cigol_101
Date:   Apr 30, 11 at 8:34am (PST)
you could get in to the menus with the gamecude controllers if you have any lying about

Author:   DXD
Date:   May 01, 11 at 12:09am (PST)
Your Sensor Bar is most likely on it's last leg. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, the only difference being that mine completely died out on the spot with no sturdy response whatsoever.

My solution to this problem was picking up a brand new, 3rd-party licensed, Nintendo-approved wireless sensor bar from rocketfish. It works like a dream and appears to have an even sharper response than the original wired deal.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.