Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Official Wii U Thread of This is Actually Happening - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1614120-official-wii-thread-of-this-actually-happening/8.htm

Author:   PaperJ121
Date:   Apr 28, 11 at 5:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Official Wii U Thread of This is Actually Happening
-------------------------------------------
I'm going on record by saying that Pikmin 3 will be the premiere 1st party launch title of the Project Cafe. You heard it here first, folks.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 12:19am (PST)
quote PaperJ121
I'm going on record by saying that Pikmin 3 will be the premiere 1st party launch title of the Project Cafe. You heard it here first, folks.
You know, I think you may be on to something there Paper. Miyamoto wanted to debut the game at E3 2010 iirc. Maybe he got told back then that there was a nice console being to made and work to release it on there? I'd love a Pikmin 3 either way.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 5:04am (PST)
I'm betting Nintendo will have a ton of games announced for the system to get core gamers to buy it, I think it is also time for a new IP though.

Author:   PaperJ121
Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 5:55am (PST)
The Pikmin 3 theory has no holes that I can see. Literally all we know about it is that it exists, as it was never actually announced nor has it been confirmed even as a Wii game. It's been in existence of what we know for about 2 years which probably lines up pretty evenly with the development cycle of Project Cafe. Miyamoto has gone on record in the past saying Pikmin is a game series that could greatly benefit from HD visuals.

I was pretty concerned about Pikmin 3 this year after it's absence from E3, but even then it was still confirmed to exist. The answer is that it does exist, on Project Cafe, but it obviously hasn't been shown because Nintendo has yet to show the Project Cafe.

It all makes perfect sense. We will be seeing Pikmin 3 alongside the Project Cafe on June 7th 2011¹. Guaranteed (unless of course I've gotten the date wrong².)

1. Something I've been known to do.
2. In which case you should replace "June 7th, 2011" with the actual date of this year's Nintendo E3 conference.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 10:18pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
quote Big A2
quote KirbyHyrule
I mean Nintendo has obviously found casual gamers make more money and Sony and Microsoft seem to be catching on to this too.
I don't think casual gamers are the first thing on their minds here. They've had their Wiis sitting there for a few years collecting dust. If Nintendo was focusing on the casual audience more, they Nintendo wouldn't bother with HD and Blu-Ray (if those rumours are true).
Nintendo has been releasing more "core" titles than "Casual" titles for the entire generation with Wii. Really, the only difference between Wii and other Nintendo consoles has been the Wii _____ games, which aren't that much different than the multitude of sports and puzzle games they released on NES, or the other random Mario spinoffs that have been a staple for a while.
And the Movie based games that 90% of them are crappy.

But for Café project i am interested and a lot on this thing, if it has stuff that is way better graphically than the PS3/360 and it actually can fix any glitches ( a mayor problem on some games due to not all of them can be played perfectly, like Red Steel 2 and it myriad of glitching glitches) for a matter of fact it would be awesome to count on 100% free DLC and patches for when stuff like the horripilant glitch of THOD:OK happens (there are two glitches one involves killing the zombies before all of them have spawned leaving you in the room, the other instead locks permanently a secondary objective, there are some brains scattered on all stages, getting all of them in both modes helps to 100% completion, but if you skip one on a certain stage in impossible to obtain it AGAIN FOR THE WHOLE FILE).

Also this 1up article summarizes all i want from the café

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 10:32pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
And the Movie based games that 90% of them are crappy.
And Nintendo has nothing to do with those.

And they appear on every console out there.

And only ignorant people buy them in the first place.

The ability to patch seems likely, they already support it a bit on Wii. My only concern is that developers use it as a crutch to sell broken games and fix them later, as this generation has seen plenty of.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Apr 29, 11 at 10:40pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
And Nintendo has nothing to do with those.

And they appear on every console out there.

And only ignorant people buy them in the first place.

And i made mention of them since you forgot to put them in the list, is also one of the arguments that the Wii has only shovelware (a weak argument as the wii also has 'hardcore games').

quote bbb7002004
The ability to patch seems likely, they already support it a bit on Wii. My only concern is that developers use it as a crutch to sell broken games and fix them later, as this generation has seen plenty of.
I think the ability to patch should be integrated but as a core rule with strict penalties on part of the companies is that it should be used only after the game has been given intensive testing and the gamers find a glitch and then Nintendo fix it, but if it's a lazy made game then monetary penalty for doing a crappy game that hurts the name of the company.

And to add a last comment on this post i hope the touchpad controller are true it would make zelda OOT for example so much easier to beat it since i would simply touch the fairy bow aim at the poe and voila! with no need of having to pause, go trough the save screen and then play again.

Author:   ims2golfer
Date:   Apr 30, 11 at 1:44am (PST)
project cafe sounds more like a super handheld from the photoshops ive been seeing,Blue ray,HD? Doesnt sound that casual........................................... oh and i think the gyroscope on the 3ds handles the needs for good ol' fashoned poe huntin'.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Apr 30, 11 at 3:56am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
My only concern is that developers use it as a crutch to sell broken games and fix them later, as this generation has seen plenty of.
I'd much rather have that then have a broken game released that never gets patched. Metroid: Other M anyone?

Date:   Apr 30, 11 at 11:36am (PST)
That glitch was easily avoidable though. I'm talking about things like the last fallout.

Author:   DXD
Date:   May 01, 11 at 12:12am (PST)
quote PaperJ121
With enhanced graphics and control functionality, F-Zero must be somewhere on the horizon. I love you, Earthbound, but I simply can't let this series suffer your fate.

Author:   KirbyHyrule
Date:   May 01, 11 at 8:41am (PST)
quote DXD
quote PaperJ121
With enhanced graphics and control functionality, F-Zero must be somewhere on the horizon. I love you, Earthbound, but I simply can't let this series suffer your fate.
I personally think F-Zero would be awesome, the whole futuristic and space sort of high speed racing would be mind blowing I am sure, and I would even suggest to have it as a demo or in a video presentation.

Author:   DXD
Date:   May 02, 11 at 5:40am (PST)
My son, have you tried F-Zero GX yet? Such a modern-gen world has already been beautifully brought to light from the SNES plain in which it was born!

The only tradgedy that stands is the entire system generation that fate willed it to skip afterwards.

Date:   May 02, 11 at 2:16pm (PST)
I still think skipping a gen. was the best move for F-Zero. Wii had literally nothing to offer F-Zero as a franchise beyond what the Cube already did.

Give it a break and put it on a system that really works for it. It worked for Metroid, it'll work for F-Zero. Just don't let Sega touch it again.

Author:   FoneBoneFan15
Date:   May 03, 11 at 2:26am (PST)
I wish if Wii 2 is released, it will be backwards compatible with Game Boy Player, just like Nintendo Gamecube.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.