Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Official Wii U Thread of This is Actually Happening - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1614120-official-wii-thread-of-this-actually-happening/15.htm

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 1:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Official Wii U Thread of This is Actually Happening
-------------------------------------------
You would like to play?

Author:   Mega Shuppet
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 2:10am (PST)
I think the whole concept is great, and the HD graphics sound and look promising. The only thing that disappointed me was the name at first but now it makes sense because its essentially a second Wii and not a completely new console that I had in mind. I compare the Wii U to the Wii the same way I'd compare the 3DS to the DS. It's definately the next best thing, but it's definately the same in a lot of areas.

Someone wake me up, am I living in 2006? Or did we actually get news of a brand new console? It's still a great idea, just not what I was hoping for. Nintendo have definately taken the more casual gaming approach now, even though they are trying to make it for "everyone" it still looks quite Gimmicky and would still not appeal to the more hardcore audience out there.

On first impressions I give it a 6.5/10. It's good but it could've been a lot more appealing if Nintendo just cut the crap. I give em credit for all the original ideas without Sony and Microsoft ripping them off first, but they always seem to do it better when most people look at the Nintendo consoles as prototypes with flaws waiting to be perfected. Then Microsoft brings out Kinect which hardly anyone buys because they already have a Wii. *facepalm*

Am I missing something? No? Good.

> MS

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 2:40am (PST)
Best Player Ever JonnyPotSmoker
Notifying you both to see it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174844p1.html

Author:   Barmy Brat
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 3:17am (PST)
quote Enth E Nd
There's a stylus in the controller
One hand occupied by the stylus means one hand not able to (comfortably) use the face buttons. It's a similar problem that a few games encountered on the DS, except worsened because I'm guessing the WiiU controller will be much heavier than a DS and therefore harder to hold with a single hand.

quote Dragon ZERO
That's a horrible choice of name. Why? Because it has the same problem as 3DS: its got the previous system in the title.
Playstation and XBox have the exact same "problem", and in the non-numerical category we have NES/SNES and GB/GBC/GBA. If people don't realize these are brand new consoles then that's the fault of Nintendo's marketing division, not just the name.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 3:22am (PST)
Hands-on with the controller have said that its pretty light

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge will feature Dragon Sword-style touchscreen controls, alongside standard controls.

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 4:49am (PST)
quote Lin Keui Swampert
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not, but can Nintendo pleeeaaaase put an ├╝mlaut over the U in the Wii U logo?

The Wii U could be ├╝ber.
But then I couldn't pronounce this damn thing without whistling.

Whatever, the name could be "Super-Feel Fun Set" for all I care, so long as it's functional and efficient(and the bland design is severely worked upon).

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 8:53am (PST)
quote DXD
Whatever, the name could be "Super-Feel Fun Set" for all I care
Doing that would probably bring the gaming industry back to 1979.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 4:13pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
Best Player Ever JonnyPotSmoker
Notifying you both to see it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174844p1.html

Thanks for the notification. That's great that the friend codes being axed is confirmed. I'm eager to see what system they use for the online overall. I'm hoping it's the same as PSN/LIVE. (Better would be great but not sure how they can improve on those 2 a ton)

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 6:47pm (PST)
quote Barmy Brat
Playstation and XBox have the exact same "problem", and in the non-numerical category we have NES/SNES and GB/GBC/GBA. If people don't realize these are brand new consoles then that's the fault of Nintendo's marketing division, not just the name.
PlayStation are numberical

Your 360 point is valid somewhat, but I think the main issue people have with Nintendo only is that Ninty is the only company to really release multiple versions of the same console on their handhelds.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 7:38pm (PST)

Playstation, Playstaion 1, PSX, Playstation 2, Playstation 2 Slim, Playstation 3 with different harddrives, Playstation 3 Slim with different harddrives, Plastation Portable 1000, Plastation Portable 2000, Playstation Portable 3000, Playstation Portable Go, Xperia Play, Playstation Vita

Xbox, Xbox 360 Basic, Xbox 360 Core, Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox360 Slim, Xbox360 Kinect

Wii, WiiU

DS Phat, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS

I really have no idea what you mean, Dragon.

Author:   DiamondMaster11
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 8:19pm (PST)
From what I've seen, I'm really looking forward to the Wii U. My only complaint is the lack of Gamecube controllers, though I totally understand not supporting them. Cords are a hassle, and the slots would take up space. I'm still disappointed to not be able to use my wireless GCN controllers after the Wii U comes out, though. Won't be too hard to change, I guess. I can switch between PS3, 360, Wii, and GCN controllers with ease, so replacing one should be easy.

Graphics have never been a seller for me, but I have to say that I'm stoked for some HD Zelda and Smash Bros.

Author:   ims2golfer
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 9:10pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004

Playstation, Playstaion 1, PSX, Playstation 2, Playstation 2 Slim, Playstation 3 with different harddrives, Playstation 3 Slim with different harddrives, Plastation Portable 1000, Plastation Portable 2000, Playstation Portable 3000, Playstation Portable Go, Xperia Play, Playstation Vita

Xbox, Xbox 360 Basic, Xbox 360 Core, Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox360 Slim, Xbox360 Kinect

Wii, WiiU

I thought the 3ds was the start of a new generation concluding the ds series?

Author:   ProfessorMaple
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 9:40pm (PST)
quote Barmy Brat
quote Enth E Nd
There's a stylus in the controller
One hand occupied by the stylus means one hand not able to (comfortably) use the face buttons. It's a similar problem that a few games encountered on the DS, except worsened because I'm guessing the WiiU controller will be much heavier than a DS and therefore harder to hold with a single hand.
I'm pretty sure bond007106 and I suggested some rather convenient ways of countering that here.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 9:41pm (PST)
I really wish Nintendo would have released the hardware specs of the Wii U. I would love to know what technology is in the console so we can know if it will actually handle the next generation of games, or if it is using mostly current/slightly outdated specs. If the specs are not top of the line then it will probably suffer again as it won't be able to compete with the power of the next Playstation and Xbox.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 9:59pm (PST)
quote ims2golfer
quote bbb7002004

Wii, WiiU

I thought the 3ds was the start of a new generation concluding the ds series?
It is. But he put all of the other manufacturers' consoles all in one list, so why not all of Nintendo's last two generations of handhelds?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.