Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Why aren't there enough live tournaments?? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1612392-aren-enough-live-tournaments/

Author:   innervideogame
Date:   Jan 19, 11 at 4:46am (PST)
Subject:   Why aren't there enough live tournaments??
-------------------------------------------
Why aren't there more game tournaments? I personally love them.

I have been to many tournaments for a variety of games and they are always exciting. Most had small prizes like a free controller and others gave cash prizes in the thousands of dollars. But even at the smaller scale tournaments I always found myself having a good time.

If there was a venue close to where you live that offered daily tournaments with cash prizes, how often would you go? For example: A 30min-2hr WII tournament with a $10 entry, and the winner gets $100, or another tournament where you pay $25 and possibly win $300?

Does this idea interest anyone? I could see myself going there almost every day. Especially if it was in a comfortable environment and they had the games I liked.

What do you think? Would this be a place you would go? What things you expect to see in a place like this?

: )

thanks !

Author:   FoneBoneFan15
Date:   Jan 19, 11 at 5:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: Why aren't there enough live tournaments??
I think there will be that tournaments maybe in 2012 or something?

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jan 19, 11 at 12:53pm (PST)
Probably not. Especially for Wii, which a majority of owners only play Wii Sports and Wii Fit. Nintendo occasionally does some stuff like that, but I can't see a venue opening that does nothing but hold video game tournaments every day.

Author:   Pwnige
Date:   Jan 19, 11 at 9:26pm (PST)
You can try and find some sort of LAN center. Not sure where any are, but I'm sure they have some types of tournaments there for PC games. Other then that, there are online tournaments on various websites. I'm sure you could check those out.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.