Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What in a game makes you keep playing? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1610849-in-game-makes-you-keep-playing/

Author:   GEQ
Date:   Jan 14, 11 at 6:59am (PST)
Subject:   What in a game makes you keep playing?
-------------------------------------------
As a part of a university research project we are investigating player experiences, and we would like to invite you to complete the following questionnaire.

Completing the questionnaire will take a few minutes, and it can be found here.
If you are not interested in filling out the questionnaire, please feel free to discuss the topic here.

The results will be used as a basis for a novel way of categorizing games.

We hope it is ok to post this questionnaire here, as we are interested in specific feedback from the Wii community to investigate if there are any differences between Wii and other platforms.

Thank you very much for your help.

Author:   Ixillius
Date:   Jan 17, 11 at 10:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: What in a game makes you keep playing?
Replay value to me is low story content and high focus on the skill required.

I could play stuff like house of the dead and monster hunter all day long because of the lack of story telling. May sound wierd but thats how i experience it, same with mario kart wii. low story high skill.

A good online multilayer, be it co'op or VS helps aswell.

Author:   GEQ
Date:   Jan 21, 11 at 2:44pm (PST)
Do you think there are any Wii specific game elements which make you keep playing?

Author:   Ixillius
Date:   Jan 25, 11 at 12:09am (PST)
quote GEQ
Do you think there are any Wii specific game elements which make you keep playing?
Not really. Lightguns have been around since before the NES. So i cant use that. The ps3 also has its own accessories and etc etc.

I dont think there is any real Wii Specific game element, its all been done. and its still being done right now.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.