Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: GCN - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1610231-gcn/

Author:   Aus
Date:   Jan 12, 11 at 1:31am (PST)
Subject:   GCN
-------------------------------------------
So, I know this is the wrong forum, but it's the closest relating forum I could find. Anyway, I've been wanting to play GameCube for a while now (old one broke), and it's pretty cheap on GameStop.com. I could probably get the system and either LoZ:WW or LoZ:TP. Which between those two? I got $75.

Should I?

EDIT: Already got LoZ: Collector's Edition, so I already have OoT and MM, but still need to know if I should go for WW or TP.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Jan 12, 11 at 1:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: GCN
You couldn't ask the Gamecube Forum? Though thats probably empty by now..

Personally, I enjoyed the WW/PH arc more than Twilight Princessm so I will recommend Wind Waker.

Author:   FoneBoneFan15
Date:   Jan 12, 11 at 4:45am (PST)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door was even more enjoyable than the Zelda games foe me, but some people prefer the SNES.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jan 12, 11 at 3:09pm (PST)
Wow, I would have thought you could get the system and both Zelda games for $75 by now.

Windwaker would definitely be my preference, but you can't go wrong with either. I found the story more enjoyable and the overall feel of the game was much better in my opinion. It also helps that it is a less direct ripoff of A Link to the Past, if that matters to you.

Author:   demoncatjuston
Date:   Jan 13, 11 at 4:34am (PST)
go for it. i can list plenty of games other than the ones listed, that are great.

kirby air ride, mario kart double dash, zelda four swords, pokemon channel was a good laugh.

Author:   Maxcat
Date:   Jan 14, 11 at 11:58am (PST)
Kirby airride, yes its the only GCN game i still play (my wii is broken) i dont have Loz:WW but when i played it i loved it

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jan 15, 11 at 11:20am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Wow, I would have thought you could get the system and both Zelda games for $75 by now.

Windwaker would definitely be my preference, but you can't go wrong with either. I found the story more enjoyable and the overall feel of the game was much better in my opinion. It also helps that it is a less direct ripoff of A Link to the Past, if that matters to you.
Every console Zelda game since Ocarina has been a Link To The Past ripoff.

But seriously, I never understood why people consider Ocarina such a big leap in the series, it's just LttP 3D. Not that that's anywhere near being a bad thing, of course.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.