Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii GD XXII's Epic Yarn - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1580667-wii-gd-xxiis-epic-yarn/7.htm

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 4:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii GD XXII's Epic Yarn
-------------------------------------------
I would love for StarFox to be a big online game on a home console (either Wii or next gen), it just seems like it could be a really good evolution for the franchise that doesn't involve it going back to it's on-rails retro style. If you've ever played WarHawk for PS3, having StarFox like that would be really cool.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 4:53pm (PST)
I feel like the game should focus in on the team aspect, and not be a massive style game like Warhawk. Something like Left 4 Dead with anamorphic animals in space fighters.

Author:   Noraf45
Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 5:04pm (PST)
It could be cool to have small-scale team battles, like 4-on-4 skirmishes pitting Star Fox against Star Wolf.

quote bbb7002004
Something like Left 4 Dead with anamorphic animals in space fighters.
Left Furry Dead?

Author:   DXD
Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 7:28pm (PST)
Nice.

quote Marcibanjo
F zero 3d would really kick ass. I surely add that to my wish list.

But the question is, a whole new game, or a remake from the 64 version or the GC version, or maybe the snes version?
I'd personally like to see F-Zero X's gameplay and soundtrack merged with F-Zero GX's graphical glory and ten extra AX racers. That way X's questionable graphics and GX's steep difficulty curve are both leveled out.

Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 7:51pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
feel like the game should focus in on the team aspect, and not be a massive style game like Warhawk. Something like Left 4 Dead with anamorphic animals in space fighters.
I just can't picture that honestly. to me it seems like you wouldn't be able to make co-op the main attraction of a Star Fox game, I just can't think of something they would do. Besides, whether we like it or not, competitive online games are becoming big, and I think Nintendo should throw it's hat into the fray. Star Fox is the perfect franchise to do it, because it's the closest thing Nitnendo has to a "military shooter" yet will still fit that Nintendo image.

Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 7:58pm (PST)
Every starfox level has three CPUs flying around getting in the way. Just make them human players and your golden. How would that not work? You'd still have competitive options, I'm sure, but man would it rock to have others on your team.

I also don't think Nintendo needs to try and put together a "Halo Killer." Just focus on making fun and engaging games, irrelevant flavor of the day genres. I mean, Sony built PS3 just to try and kill Halo, and suffered mightily because of it.

Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 8:16pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Every starfox level has three CPUs flying around getting in the way. Just make them human players and your golden. How would that not work? You'd still have competitive options, I'm sure, but man would it rock to have others on your team.

I also don't think Nintendo needs to try and put together a "Halo Killer." Just focus on making fun and engaging games, irrelevant flavor of the day genres. I mean, Sony built PS3 just to try and kill Halo, and suffered mightily because of it.
Yeah, that would work, but in the same sense of NSMBW. I mean, it's fun but basing a whole game around it is just kind of.....meh. It would be a great option to have, but basing the whole game around it kinda just won't work imo.

And Nintendo doesn't need to make a "Halo killer," but one thign I've always loved about Nintendo is they cover all the bases. They make platformers, action-adventures, RPGs, turn-based strategies, sports games, the list goes on and on. But Nintendo hasn't really ever pushed for a game focuing on online. I think they should boraden their horizons, ya know.

A competitive online Star Fox and an MMO-style Pokemon would be the best fit choices. Not this gen for sure because the Wii wouldn't be able to handle the strain put on a console MMO I think (heck, the other HD consoles barely handle it), but next gen I think these two things would be really sweet/

Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 9:02pm (PST)
An platformer and a rail shooter are completely different multiplayer wise, I don't see the comparison holding any water at all.

Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 10:54pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
An platformer and a rail shooter are completely different multiplayer wise, I don't see the comparison holding any water at all
The point was that the genre really couldn't make a game based around co-op. It could work, but would be meh rather than amazing. That's why I used NSMBW. I think 2D platformers and co-op dont mix that well, and neither do on-rails shooters. I can see full 3D space battle shooter, but not restricted to one screen.

Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 11:07pm (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
I think 2D platformers and co-op dont mix that well, and neither do on-rails shooters. I can see full 3D space battle shooter, but not restricted to one screen
I guess you missed the entirety of the 1990's then.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Oct 13, 10 at 11:32pm (PST)
Then you never played Kirby Dream Land 3 or Gunstar Heroes.

Date:   Oct 14, 10 at 1:06am (PST)
quote Yoshi Freak
Then you never played Kirby Dream Land 3 or Gunstar Heroes
I'm from the N64 era

We played either Pokemon, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, or Goldeneye.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Oct 14, 10 at 3:08am (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
quote Yoshi Freak
Then you never played Kirby Dream Land 3 or Gunstar Heroes
I'm from the N64 era :P

We played either Pokemon, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, or Goldeneye.
you poor deprived child

I'm from the GC era and I still got to play all those great games

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Oct 14, 10 at 4:54am (PST)
quote Yoshi Freak
I'm from the GC era and I still got to play all those great games
lolwut. Oh, you're 14. Man I feel old now, 20 in under a month. Jeeeez. :<

quote Dragon ZERO
I think 2D platformers and co-op dont mix that well, and neither do on-rails shooters.
...LOLWUT. On-rails shooters are ONLY fun when played co-op. House of the Dead? Dead Space Extraction? Time Crisis? Golly.

Also 2D platformers are equally amazing with friends. As bbb implied, the '90s was pretty big for up to 4-player co-op.

Author:   Marcibanjo
Date:   Oct 14, 10 at 10:35am (PST)
quote DXD
Nice.

quote Marcibanjo
F zero 3d would really kick ass. I surely add that to my wish list.

But the question is, a whole new game, or a remake from the 64 version or the GC version, or maybe the snes version?
I'd personally like to see F-Zero X's gameplay and soundtrack merged with F-Zero GX's graphical glory and ten extra AX racers. That way X's questionable graphics and GX's steep difficulty curve are both leveled out.
I think that would be a great idea too.

Now that were talking about remakes, A new wave race 64 would be cool too actually.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.