Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii GD XXII's Epic Yarn - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1580667-wii-gd-xxiis-epic-yarn/4.htm

Author:   DXD
Date:   Oct 03, 10 at 6:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii GD XXII's Epic Yarn
-------------------------------------------
quote Dragon ZERO
Paper Mario. Second best franchise ever. Of all time.
Since PM was the very first Mario RPG I'd ever played, I'll agree with this. I'm sure it will turn out pristine on this new system.

Author:   screamingabdabs
Date:   Oct 03, 10 at 11:03am (PST)
From the launch games I want SSFIV, Ocarina of Time, Pilotwings Resort, and possibly Super Monkey Ball and Steel Diver.

Author:   Noraf45
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 3:27pm (PST)
Nothing on the launch list that I HAVE to have. SO that should make it bearable to wait a few months. I wouldn't mind SSF4, and OoT is a good launch title but not worth getting for me unless there's some good bonus content.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 3:30pm (PST)
Perspective check: Not a launch list, list of games for launch window in Japan. We won't know the launch list for another couple of months locally, and don't know which of the games with "Spring 2011" dates will be available day one, which will get delayed, or if games like KI will get finished in time for launch.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 3:55pm (PST)
Well out of the titles that were listed for Japan, none of them are on my list to get. So I'll be holding out on a 3DS for a bit if we get the same titles as they did.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 7:34pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Perspective check: Not a launch list, list of games for launch window in Japan. We won't know the launch list for another couple of months locally, and don't know which of the games with "Spring 2011" dates will be available day one, which will get delayed, or if games like KI will get finished in time for launch.
It's not set in stone for sure, but it's a good indicator of what to expect near-launch.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 7:44pm (PST)
Yes, but people saying, "Oh, I'll get OoT and SSF4 and ... day one" are setting themselves up for disappointment, and should know that before hand.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 10:40pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Yes, but people saying, "Oh, I'll get OoT and SSF4 and ... day one" are setting themselves up for disappointment, and should know that before hand
Well we know they'll be close to launch so we know a launch-day purchase of the 3DS won't be a waste.

Author:   DXD
Date:   Oct 04, 10 at 11:14pm (PST)
I've never been one of those parking lot-campers who simply have to get everything first in order to feel unique among masses which could literally care less.

All I know is that I'll be picking up this beauty in and around it's release and pick up every launch title that I desire(hoping that a majority are the ones I'm currently eyeing).

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Oct 05, 10 at 3:11am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Yes, but people saying, "Oh, I'll get OoT and SSF4 and ... day one" are setting themselves up for disappointment, and should know that before hand.
Bingo. I've been saying if that is the 3DS launch list for North America then I will be holding out on a 3DS for a bit.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Oct 06, 10 at 7:45pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Gotcha .

Author:   Ground
Date:   Oct 06, 10 at 11:23pm (PST)
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light GET!

It's already eight times better than FF13.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Oct 07, 10 at 3:26am (PST)
How so? Impress me with your knowledge kind sir.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Oct 07, 10 at 3:43am (PST)
quote DusktoDawn
How so? Impress me with your knowledge kind sir.
Well for one it's not a interactive movie. It's actually a game. Seriosuly, what I've played of XIII (I only played about half, as I was using a friend's copy and PS3, and played with him), other than when you reach Pulse, most of Cocoon is "take three steps cutscene/set battle, repeat until boss" and so on. And in that retrospect my friend had played most of Pulse while I ended up doing most of Cocoon.

To digress, the game actually has more strategy needed as instead of MP, you have AP, that you recover every turn that is used for EVERYTHING except Focusing. Focusing adds to your AP by one plus the one you get every turn. Abilities uses more AP than regular attacking. Items use no AP as well. Unlike in the older ones where you just had MP as another set of points you needed to pay attention to and can just heal with an item, you need to manage your AP a bit more than you did with MP. But that's just me. You may like it less.

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Oct 07, 10 at 9:45am (PST)
quote Yoshi Freak
It's already eight times better than FF13.
You say that like it's an impressive feat. Smashing myself in the face with a rock is many times better than having to sit through FF13.

4 Heroes looks decent, but frankly, I'm holding out for Golden Sun DS, which will be DAY ONE GET. I'VE ONLY BEEN WAITING 7 YEARS FFFFFFFF.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.