Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii GD XXII's Epic Yarn - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1580667-wii-gd-xxiis-epic-yarn/15.htm

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   Nov 10, 10 at 7:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii GD XXII's Epic Yarn
-------------------------------------------
quote bbb7002004
Blaming cheating on Nintendo is like arresting the manager of a bank that get's rob.
I'm not blaming Nintendo. I'm just stating the obvious fact that the lack of security is why there are so many cheaters.

quote bbb7002004
The self righteousness of cheaters who believe they can get away with something simply because they aren't punished for it just galls me to no end.
But it's a fact. People that cheat on MKW, CoD, Golden Eye, etc can get away with it and there is no punishment.

quote bbb7002004
People who cheat online games ruin the experience for honest players
duh.

iirc cheaters on and offline on MH3 are very little because they can ban you for modding anything. That's only because the ram (or whatever) is run through a check when you connect to MH3's dedicated server (the only Wii game to use this iirc, every other online Wii game is P2P). And if they detect modifications, they will ban you....there's probably an unmade code for that too though. lol

edit: nvm, Capcom just checks to see if your weapons/armor exceed the level and whatnot that you are at. If they do, you get banned. I guess they can't check for modifications.

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 10:57pm (PST)

YUP

WII'S ONLINE

*BLEEP*ED

I feel sorry for you Wii only people I really do.

edit: on a side note...oh my god the graphics are terrible.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 11:04pm (PST)
lol online cheating

and lol anybody from now on who continues to piss and moan about wii online, wii online cheating, etc.

dead horse is dead

Author:   EliteBeatDivas
Date:   Nov 12, 10 at 12:44am (PST)
How did "Kirby (tentative title)" become "Epic Yarn" like this? I was not expecting that to happen.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Nov 12, 10 at 1:21am (PST)
Because Nintendo is awesome.

In other news, I got my Mario statue in the mail, along with my awesome club Nintendo message bag.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Nov 12, 10 at 2:11am (PST)
quote EliteBeatDivas
How did "Kirby (tentative title)" become "Epic Yarn" like this? I was not expecting that to happen.
It's a different game. The first was canned.

quote bbb7002004
Because Nintendo is awesome.
Nope. Epic Yarn is boring and plays like Wario Land 3 for toddlers (I.E. no real exploration).

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 2:02pm (PST)
quote EliteBeatDivas
Havn't seen you around here in awhile! Congratulations on learning your pronouns.

Date:   Nov 18, 10 at 6:54pm (PST)
Wiiware demos are back in NA this Monday. Yay!

Author:   Noraf45
Date:   Nov 18, 10 at 7:44pm (PST)
It's about time. They could do a lot better by releasing demos consistently. There are plenty of good WiiWare games that people probably don't bother trying because they don't know about them.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Nov 18, 10 at 8:37pm (PST)
I've kind of been hooked on Black Ops this week. Did I miss anything?

Also, bought Scott Pilgrim off Zune. Love that movie

Date:   Nov 18, 10 at 9:27pm (PST)
quote Noraf45
It's about time. They could do a lot better by releasing demos consistently. There are plenty of good WiiWare games that people probably don't bother trying because they don't know about them.
I think that's what there planning on doing from now on. Apparently if people don't rate the current demos highly, Nintendo will replace them with something else. Should prove interesting.

Demos are something I really like, and one of the few marketing schemes that does work on me. (My last Wiiware purchase was specifically because of a Wiiware demo, afterall.) Probably my biggest disappointment with Wii compared to the other two systems was the inability to download retail demos for games.

Date:   Nov 18, 10 at 9:46pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
quote Noraf45
I think that's what there planning on doing from now on. Apparently if people don't rate the current demos highly, Nintendo will replace them with something else. Should prove interesting.

Demos are something I really like, and one of the few marketing schemes that does work on me. (My last Wiiware purchase was specifically because of a Wiiware demo, afterall.) Probably my biggest disappointment with Wii compared to the other two systems was the inability to download retail demos for games.
I agree. Just a few days ago I went through and downloaded/played a bunch of demos for games on the PS3. I was able to take a couple games off my wish list, and I added a couple that I wasn't expecting. There are so many Wiiware titles I've been on the fence about and would really like to try out. It would be great if they offered demos of retail games, but due to Nintendo's size restrictions on downloads, I don't see that ever happening.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Nov 19, 10 at 6:39am (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
Also, bought Scott Pilgrim off Zune. Love that movie :)
Off Zune? I got the Blu-ray combo yo

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Nov 22, 10 at 6:06pm (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Off Zune? I got the Blu-ray combo yo
Convinence/laziness

Date:   Nov 22, 10 at 8:07pm (PST)
So I picked up DQ9 and Etrian Odyssey yesterday with some early Christmas money. Can't wait to try them out tonight.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.