Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii GD XXI: Other GD - page 21

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1567939-wii-gd-xxi-other-gd/21.htm

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 20, 10 at 8:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii GD XXI: Other GD
-------------------------------------------
I'm also looking forward to all new monsters again. In games like Diamond I always tend to avoid the old pokemon instead of the new, since I have trained so many of the others in the past. I've seen the few that Nintendo was talking about pre-release, but have stayed away from everything since.

And I really need to try Etrian Odyssey. Always looked like a lot of fun, just too busy with other stuff to pick them up. A lot of DS RPGS ended up that way.

Author:   Noraf45
Date:   Sep 20, 10 at 8:31pm (PST)
Every time a new Etrian Odyssey comes out I look at it and think it seems like a cool game, but for whatever reason I always pass them up. I like the party customization, but I've never been a fan of the tunnel vision navigation style of RPGs. Maybe I'll look for a used copy of 1 or 2 at Gamestop and pick them up cheap to try out.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Sep 21, 10 at 11:47pm (PST)
Same here Noraf.

I just realized.....eight days left!

Author:   DXD
Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 7:03am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
I'm also looking forward to all new monsters again. In games like Diamond I always tend to avoid the old pokemon instead of the new, since I have trained so many of the others in the past. I've seen the few that Nintendo was talking about pre-release, but have stayed away from everything since.
The full list of creatures for Generation V have been posted on Serebii.net recently and I've noticed some commendable designs as well as many which are either obvious rehashes of previous ones or odd Digimon rip-offs(something I honestly never expected this franchise would come to, but I suppose every mind has it's limits).

I'm still hyped for Epic Mickey, the only reasonable Disney title to come out recently alongside Birth by Sleep(which is dominantly SE, but w/e).

quote Akira_EX
You're the one with the premise of "Nintendo's not making F-Zero because of difficulty!", which you need to prove.

Which, of course, you can't.
Due to it being opinion, which it was. I had assumed this went without saying given your strict assurance of everything.

The fact that it's been over six years since even an impulsive portable installment(which Climax essentially was)could make anyone ponder over such an assumption. Since I'm not nearly as smart as you, I never intended to appear as though I was by dragging out this passing remark of mine into an annoying back-and-forth that I'll never hope to win(if there was ever anything to win in the first place).

quote Big A2
Also, just drop the bloody F-Zero thing already.
I deserved it by not making my groundless claim clear.

This message was edited by DXD on Sep 22 2010.

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 4:11pm (PST)
The Neo review of Etrian Odyssey 3 has done nothing to sway my stance one way or the other. Damn.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 4:15pm (PST)
It was written from the point of view of someone who's never played an Etrian Odyssey game or something like it.

Which I don't necessarily agree with, but eh

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 4:26pm (PST)
What's your view on it? Is it overly repetitive? Does the character customization make up for the punishing difficulty?

From reading the review, I at least found out that you can make multiple party members to switch between. I thought that whoever you made at the beginning was the party you'd be stuck with. Although if I pick it up I'll probably just try to build a balanced team and stick with them throughout the game unless it wasn't a viable option.

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 5:30pm (PST)
I actually haven't opened it yet. Need to beat Etrian Odyssey 1 first because I'm so close

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 5:39pm (PST)
How much time did you put into part 1?

What about 2? Do you have it/played it?

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 5:47pm (PST)
Etrian Odyssey 1 doesn't have a gameplay timer, so I have no clue, haha. I estimate somewhere around 20-30 hours? I've played it off and on, but got alot of progress done recently.

I have 2, but I haven't played it yet, because I didn't finish 1.

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 5:52pm (PST)
So it might be a while before you get to 3 then.

Ok, so how's 1?

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 6:15pm (PST)
1's pretty damn fun, just exploring and building up my party.

I'm also actually thinking of skipping 2 and heading straight to 3.

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 6:21pm (PST)
I guess 3 does have the sea exploration to break up the dungeon crawling a bit. Plus it doesn't seem like the storylines are intertwined at all so you wouldn't be missing anything story-wise. I actually thought it was interesting that the amount of time you could spend exploring the ocean was dependent on the amount of provisions you brought with you.

I might have to take a look into playing this series. I need something new to occupy my DS time anyway. Once I finish Luminous Arc I won't have any games left to beat.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 6:24pm (PST)
I need to finish Luminous Arc as well, maybe I'll go back to it after I finish DQ9.

I also started a new game of Muramasa. Mmmm, Muramasa.

Date:   Sep 22, 10 at 6:32pm (PST)
Muramasa is good times. After playing it I wanted to pick up Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire.

If I had DQ9 I'd definitely be playing that. Just have to wait for Christmas I suppose. I'm at Chapter 15 or 16 in LA, and I just wish people would stop leaving my party left and right. I know you're coming back, Heath, Leon, and Lucia! Stop screwing with my party selection!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.