Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Wii GD XXI: Other GD - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1567939-wii-gd-xxi-other-gd/12.htm

Author:   Noraf45
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 4:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Wii GD XXI: Other GD
-------------------------------------------
quote Akira_EX
Super Mario Collection Special Pack announced for Japan - 10/21

It's a Wii port of Super Mario All-Stars to commemorate SMB's 25th anniversary.
Eh. I've already got SMB All-Stars and all the games included on their own. Unless they added a bunch of extra stuff I don't see the need.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 6:49pm (PST)
So..... Mega Man Universe[/link] gameplay trailer. Rather indifferent. Just looks like a 2D platformer like MM9 and MM10 except without the charm of the 8-bit style.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 7:01pm (PST)
quote Noraf45
Eh. I've already got SMB All-Stars and all the games included on their own. Unless they added a bunch of extra stuff I don't see the need.
It comes with a Super Mario history booklet and soundtrack. It's also only 2500 yen.

Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 8:04pm (PST)
Ok, that does sound pretty good. I wouldn't mind the soundtrack one bit. And isn't 2500 yen dirt cheap?

Author:   screamingabdabs
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 8:11pm (PST)
quote DXD
Oh God, even a soundtrack?! What a shame.

quote screamingabdabs
All this talk of Other M is tempting me to buy it.
It had me at the very first trailer, so it was really no decisive issue for me.

I have a feeling I should train by way of the Trilogy first, in preparation for the apparent difficulty curve.

I have Trilogy but I have yet to play it yet. I have played 1 and 2 before but never 3.

Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 9:24pm (PST)
I'm thinking of importing the Okami soundtrack. Anyone know where I could get one?

EDIT:
"You know how I'm not a goth and you're not a jock?"
"I am such a jock!"

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 10:13pm (PST)
quote Akira_EX
quote Noraf45
It comes with a Super Mario history booklet and soundtrack. It's also only 2500 yen.
I wanttttttttt!

But it would be all in Japanese. =(

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Sep 02, 10 at 11:35pm (PST)
tbh im torn between three choices im gonna ask my mom to lend me some extra cash and buy me a PSP since i wanna play badly MGS:PW but then there are several 360 and PS3 titles that i want, like TOV, infamous, haze, borderlands and prototype, of course im intrested on MGS4 and BB and BB:CS but if i were to do buy a 360 i need to save for 3 more months and 4 for a PS3 so dunno what to do any ideas

oh and i have a question any kind of USB keyboard will work with the wii? since using the wii mote to type adresses is bothersome

EDIT: for those who might ask for the prices: PSP, 360 and PS3

be aware please that this has multiple references of other things that is not the PSP device per se, mercadolibre allow you to offer services as well

This message was edited by Duncan Idaho on Sep 02 2010.

Author:   DusktoDawn
Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 12:41am (PST)
If I was in your position I would save for the 3DS.

But it is your call.

Author:   DXD
Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 2:24am (PST)
quote zuidy
They make it easy to understand what you have to do. THAT's what I like about this game over the others.
Agreed, brief tutorials prior to the first stage/level should be a given with any title such as this considering the fact that there are always newcomers. As long as EVERY base isn't covered, such as how to "double jump".

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 2:41am (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
I'm thinking of importing the Okami soundtrack. Anyone know where I could get one?
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3say-71-na-49-en-84-j-70-1bno.html

Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 11:57am (PST)
^thanks. Okami is totally worth those $50.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote DusktoDawn
If I was in your position I would save for the 3DS.

But it is your call.
problem is that the 3DS either wont come to my country as the law againts 'violent' videogames already censored magazines like Nintendo power or club nintendo or it will cost twice as much as the PS3 si nce it will be the hottest console, and the sellers of my country let say they like to upgrade the prices, if its 200$ they sell it for 2000$ so yeah ATM one of those 3

Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 4:24pm (PST)
@Duncan: It really depends on which games you want the most/which console has the most games you want. A lot of titles are available on both 360 and PS3, so it would probably come down to exclusives. Also, what types of games you're generally drawn to may factor in. 360 has a ton of FPS and sports titles, but is a bit lacking in other areas. You'll find more platform, adventure, and some RPG on PS3. I assume you're only going to get one of the systems, at least for a while. I don't know what bundles are available in your area, but here they offered the PS3 slim with inFamous and Uncharted for just $300 when the slim was first released. I also don't know how much online matters to you. PS3 online is free, but 360 online is better. I notice you have both inFamous and Prototype on your wish list. Those are very similar games, but inFamous>>>Prototype. Plus, inFamous 2 is on the way.

IMO, I wouldn't bother with the PSP. I could only name about 3 games that I would really want for it, which doesn't justify a console purchase. Now, if there are a lot of titles that you've had your eye on, maybe it would be worth it for you. Especially if you do a lot of gaming on the go.

If you just want my recommendation, I would say PS3. But my seething hatred for Microsoft may have influenced my decision.

Date:   Sep 03, 10 at 4:56pm (PST)
Don't get a PSP. It only has a few games. As for 360 vs PS3, it's easily PS3. In terms of content, the 360 is only superior in a much slicker and easier online system (though you do have to pay $60 a year for it) and is a lot better if you have friends or such who own a 360 you play with regularly. If you don't have friends who own a 360 or just don't care about online in general, get a PS3. Not only does it have a much better and varied exclusive line-up, but it's online is also slowly coming in on tieing with the 360. So quick recap:

+better online
+slicker interface
+far superior Shooter games
-paid online

PS3
+more variety in exclusives
+generally better exclusives
+free online
-more sluggish interface

So I'd say PS3 for you. Now 3DS or PS3: that's the real question, and nobody can answer that until the system comes out.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.