Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Official Thread of the Cross Generation of Heroes - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32039/t1476066-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars-official-thread-of-cross-generation-of-heroes/

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jan 27, 10 at 6:25am (PST)
Subject:   Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Official Thread of the Cross Generation of Heroes
-------------------------------------------

New characters. New stages. New music. Worldwide online play. Mechanics tweaks. Ultimate All-Shooters.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is HERE.

Developer: Eighting
Publisher: Capcom
Release Date: January 26, 2010 (NA) | January 28, 2010 (JP) | January 29, 2010 (EU) | February 4, 2010 (AU)

Ken the Eagle from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
Casshan from Neo-Human Casshan
Tekkaman from Tekkaman: The Space Knight
Karas from Karas
Yatterman-1 (Gan) from Yatterman
Doronjo from Yatterman
Jun the Swan from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
Ippatsuman from Gyakuten! Ippatsuman
Polimar from Hurricane Polimar
Gold Lightan from Golden Warrior Gold Lightan
Tekkaman Blade from Space Knight Tekkaman Blade (Unlock by getting three different Tatsunoko endings)
Joe the Condor from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (Unlock by getting six different Tatsunoko endings)
Yatterman-2 (Ai) from Yatterman (Unlock by getting Tekkaman Blade, Joe the Condor, Frank West, and Zero's endings)

Ryu from Street Fighter
Chun-Li from Street Fighter II
Batsu Ichimonji from Rival Schools: United By Fate
Alex from Street Fighter III
Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers
Kaijin no Soki from Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Viewtiful Joe from Viewtiful Joe
Roll from Mega Man
MegaMan Volnutt from Mega Man Legends
Saki Omokane from Quiz Nanairo Dreams
PTX-40A from Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Frank West from Dead Rising (Unlock by getting three different Capcom endings)
Zero from Mega Man X (Unlock by getting six different Capcom endings)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is a 2-on-2 2D fighter that uses a Weak/Medium/Fierce fighting system. Meaning, there are only four buttons used: Weak/Light Attack (A/L), Medium Attack (B/M), Fierce/Heavy Attack (C/H), and Partner (P).

or use

Only Smash Bros. nubs use GameCube pads

Guard - A defensive fighting technique that allows you to counterattack your opponents' attacks.
Partner - This system allows you call your partner into the match to receive assistance during battle.
Combo - A fighting system which allows you to execute consecutive attacks.
Hyper Combo - A fighting system which uses characters' ultimate signature attacks.

You can create a momentary force field around yourself to knock your opponent back. (Two Hyper Combo Gauges required)

Input this command while guarding and you'll briefly fight off your opponent, putting some distance between the two of you. This is very effective against aggressive opponents.

You can switch partners during the fight and have your standby partner enter the fray with a powerful attack. This type of tag-team tradeoff can be done when you're able to call for assistance.

You can call your standby character to come in and perform one attack. The character will then leave the screen after the attack is performed.

You can call your standby character to come in and perform one attack. The character will then leave the screen after the attack is performed. (One Hyper Combo Gauge required)

You can switch characters in the air if you land a hit with your first character. Combine this move with an Aerial Rave to keep pummeling your opponent. This move can be done if you're able to call for assistance and you have at least one bar filled in your Hyper Combo gauge. (One Hyper Combo Gauge required)

You can team-up with your partner to unleash a double Hyper Combo attack on your opponent. You can deal a significant amount of damage to your opponent depending on the combination of Hyper Combos. (Three Hyper Combo Gauges required)

During a Hyper Combo, input the command for your partner's Hyper Combo, and your partner will not only do their Hyper Combo, but will also trade places with the character you were using. (Two to Four Hyper Combo Gauges required)

After knocking your opponent into the air, quickly jump up after them to continue the attack. However, your opponent can block your follow-up attack. Follow your opponent quickly into the air or you'll miss a valuable chance to land some extra hits!

If you chain your attack in the order L → M → H, you can unleash a powerful combination of attacks on your opponent. quickly into the air or you'll miss a valuable chance to land some extra hits!
After knocking your opponent into the air, quickly jump up after them to continue the attack. However, your opponent can block your follow-up attack. Follow your opponent quickly into the air or you'll miss a valuable chance to land some extra hits!

Each character has a set of Hyper Combos that are more powerful than their Special Moves. Each time you perform a Hyper Combo it will use at least one bar of your Hyper Combo gauge, but it will unleash a powerful attack on your enemy. (One to Three Hyper Combo Gauges required)

[TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM: ULTIMATE ALL-STARS FORUM]

Author:   DXD
Date:   Jan 28, 10 at 9:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Official Thread of the Cross Generation of Heroes
I sure hope the combo controls aren't as ridiculous as Mortal Kombat's.

Date:   Jan 28, 10 at 11:40pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Official Thread of the Cross Generation of Heroes
TvC has a pretty good combo system; movelists are available in-game for each character. Shoryuken has a TvC wiki with movelists, but it isn't updated for UAS yet.

Author:   Pwnige
Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 12:07am (PST)
I plan on getting this tomorrow.

quote Akira_EX
Only Smash Bros. nubs use GameCube pads

at least credit me right

Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 12:42am (PST)
To wait until March to play this is going to be rough.

Author:   Pwnige
Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 2:33am (PST)
quote Pwnige (kinda)
at least credit me right
I'll try this again...

quote His Royal Majesty,Akira_EX, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger
To wait until March to play this is going to be rough.
Don't you already own TvC:CGoH, your highness?

Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 3:30am (PST)
Well you had the quote coming from DXD before... so yeah, Smash Bros. nub

I own CGoH, but I really want to play UAS and try out the new characters.

On another note, Neoseeker's VeGiTAX2 reviews UAS.

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 6:45am (PST)
Got this today. Pretty fun. Got some nifty trading card things as a bonus with it too

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 4:30am (PST)
I took the time to post a basics guide when it was here the whole time

I want my 45 minutes of my life back, Akira

-edits my post with this stuff-

quote Akira EX
or use

it's what the champs use

Author:   Jesh
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 4:49am (PST)
I have a quick question is the Classic Controller Pro going to be compatible with this? Like is it backwards compatible.

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 4:57am (PST)
yes it works with TvC. What do you mean by backwards compatible

Author:   Jesh
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 5:15am (PST)
I knew that the regular CC worked, so I was wondering if when the CCPro comes out over here that would work. I'll probably buy the MH3 bundle and this at the same time then.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 5:42am (PST)
That TV commercial is all kinds of awesome.

Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 5:13pm (PST)
The CCPro and CC are virtually the same, except for form factor, minor button layout changes, and stick spacing.

Date:   Feb 02, 10 at 5:50pm (PST)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.